Sponsored by:

Movie: Rolling start in 2nd near Richmond 315bhp STI

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2004, 05:01 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Movie: Rolling start in 2nd near Richmond 315bhp STI

Finally got a plat in my mate's STI today, we took it for a spin, crap day for it really, very hot, the car was seriously under power from all the heat, despite spraying it constantly - doesn't like hot weather much! Plus evey other person in the area also thought it was a nice day for a drive!!!

Had a few moments of opening her up though, very tasty. There was more lag today because of the conditions, he was moaning it wasn't upto the usual standard, but I was still impressed. As long as the rev's were up, it gave plenty of grunt for my needs. Only got to push it hard around one corner, the tyres trying to squeak, but 315 of prodrive torque told them - it was going in a different direction, like it or not!

We went in Richmond Park, funnily enough, near Richmond! 20mph speed limit all the way through, bikes, children, animals wild and tame, granny's driving you name it, everythign under the sun to ruin a good anti-social fast drive, plus it was full to the brim seems it is such a nice day, but that is the price you pay for living in the city, no clear roads!

Was quite funny though, got stuck behind a push bike for ages, going about 5mph, then got a space to over take accelerated very fast - past at 60/70mph, looked in the mirror and some nut case in on an R1 flew past at a stupid rate. He pulled off the road later to give us the thums up!? I didn't even see the c**t coming till it was too late, saw him in the wing mirror, then saw his head about an inch from the window! Bikers - I dunno! So I wasn't really with him on that one, it was just dangerous, because we all had to break like mad before a crossing with families and kids and stuff - and that's not big or clever, especially with a scoop like that on the bonnet, I am sure you could hover up a child through that scoop without even realising it. I am sure it ate a few birds while we were out!

After parking up and taking a few shots (see below), we went down a back lane, and this is a movie on my (still's camera) rolling start 2nd gear, not sure how fast we got, it's not very long, but I saw 100mph while we were still accelerating, so probably a little over a ton, before some hard engine and wheel breaking not to hit the busy road at the end!

http://www.mynickers.f2s.com/cars/ton-down-the-lane.MOV

Last edited by mynickers; 24 July 2004 at 05:11 PM.
Old 24 July 2004, 05:28 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

http://www.mynickers.f2s.com/cars/mark.jpg

http://www.mynickers.f2s.com/cars/mark2.jpg

Note his newly fitted front splitter, we just fitted that, he was very proud Have to say, as much as I am not a fan of exterior modifications, that does look rather good!?
Old 24 July 2004, 05:40 PM
NicoRossi
Scooby Regular

Brake brake brake !!!

Sounds fantastic. The splitter looks good too.
Old 24 July 2004, 05:44 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I acutally like the 555 V-limited (2004 model) as seen here> comes with a nice front splitter
http://www.just-sports.org/manufacturer.asp?manu=subaru

Tony
Old 24 July 2004, 05:53 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

hate to be with you the day you get brake fade lol

nice motoring

Andy
Old 24 July 2004, 05:53 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NicoRossi
Brake brake brake !!!

Sounds fantastic. The splitter looks good too.
Aye, thee of little faith! he even admited 'I'm not a bad driver' that's a compliment from him. It's quite hard to jump into a motor you've never driven before, I have never even driven AWD before, but I found it to be really well behaved, very easy to drive sensibly. Everyone groans on about understeer, I didn't get enough speed or bendy bits to find out, but I could feel the way the general chassis responded, and it was tight and sharp at the speeds I was at. 315/315 power figures though even a standard STI there is plenty of energy to pull/push you out of most situations i am sure! Plus I got 6th instead of 4th a couple of times, wasn't a problem but could of been mid corner

Does sound mentalist though, that movie doesn't do it justice. My camera is a still's camera, the mic is three tiny wholes on the top! It's a head turner, by that I mean EVERYONE looks around to see what all the fuss is about, and blokes outside pubs clap and stuff! :P

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
I acutally like the 555 V-limited (2004 model) as seen here> comes with a nice front splitter
http://www.just-sports.org/manufacturer.asp?manu=subaru

Tony
Agreed, he was gonna get the carbon one, but 'I' actually talked him out of it, another friend of mine here, and thrown so much money at his scoob, and have seen it time and time againg, spend, spend, spend, and get nothing back apart from the little smile you get when you see, but not the frown you get from your bank statement.

That is just the steel splitter, but it still looks much better than standard.

ARGH!

I am going to HAVE to buy a spec C now, quite like the white one on that page without the rear spoiler! I like the low key look, silent but deadly. £19k too one of my best friends paid one big one less than that for a standard bug eye WRX in 2002! CRAZY!

One thing i did notice is the stupid amount of attention you draw driving around a mica blue STI, if people can't see you they hear you. And people look at you expectanly - like they look at bikers, hoping you'll give them a show, and of course it's rude not too. But personally, the way I drive, I woudl rather draw the least amount of attention possible! :P

Originally Posted by Lagamorph
hate to be with you the day you get brake fade lol

nice motoring

Andy
Brembo's fail?

Yeah, well I tend to use the engine to break anyway, and in that scenario, worst comes to worse, there was a park directly opporsite, could just accelerate through straight across hoping there is a gap in traffic both directions for a split second and then spin out and slow down on the grass. LOL!

Last edited by mynickers; 24 July 2004 at 05:59 PM.
Old 24 July 2004, 06:46 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

How to put your friends mind at ease, when driving his expensive motor:

http://www.mynickers.f2s.com/cars/wh...-are-we-in.MOV
Old 24 July 2004, 06:52 PM
reno
Scooby Regular

how do i play the vid got sound no picture
does sound like u'r mates a bit worried
Old 24 July 2004, 07:20 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by reno
how do i play the vid got sound no picture
does sound like u'r mates a bit worried
It is a .mov file, so you need quick time, you can download free from www.apple.com probably, www.apple.com/quicktime.

Nah we're only messing, obviously he was worried, how could you not be letting someone else drive you car, I would be worried if he drove mine, (if I had one obviously), but not because he is a bad driver, but it's like letting one of your mates baby sit, you'll go out, but you will worry the house hasn't burnt down when you get back!