Sponsored by:

Great Service

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2004, 07:55 PM
GalaxiaN
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Great Service

I've often read posts where people have had a nightmare service offered by their Subaru dealerships. After todays events I thought I'd post a more positive thread.

I picked up my WR1 yesterday from Subaru in Bletchley Milton Keynes.
After spending the afternoon driving around for about 100 miles I visited a mate who instantly spotted my front off-side wheel was splattered with black greese.
I cleaned most of it off thinking it was a one off but phoned the dealership as soon as I got into work today as more had appeared during my journey in.
To my surprise the Service Manager drove over to my place of work which isn't very close to the dealership to inspect the problem. Turned out to be a clip not seated straight covering the wheel bearings and was leaking the greese. He drove the car back to the dealership got the problem fixed plus sorted a couple of scratches I had pointed out. When returning my car he even phoned to ask what Petrol I preferred to use as he wanted to fill the tank back up as a goodwill gesture.

Sure I know it's a new car and these problems have to be sorted but in the past this has been a hassle with other car manufacturer dealerships but it was no inconvenience to me whatsoever which is something I'm not used to.

Ah.... Happy motoring
Old 23 July 2004, 07:59 PM
eyeMAJIC
Scooby Regular

Well, ARNOLD CLARK, if you're browsing here, TAKE NOTE!!

Old 23 July 2004, 08:04 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

sounds good.
Old 23 July 2004, 08:13 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

A good Dealership is only one because of how they resolve a Problem and your dealer seams to have the right approach

Tony
Old 24 July 2004, 08:19 AM
WRXSTI Colin
Scooby Newbie

Great news. Being in the market shortly for an STI, Milton Keynes is virtually on my doorstep, HOWEVER, I cant help but to recall a thread on here a couple of weeks ago, where a salesman at that particular dealership admitted to taking a used STI home for the weekend and caning it to within an inch of its life. OK so it probably goes on, but a pretty feckin strupid thing to admit to and doesn't help the good reputation a dealership tries hard to build up.
Old 24 July 2004, 09:26 AM
Bee
Scooby Regular

Very good! Glad to hear not everything on this bbs is doom,gloom,doom, bit more gloom and so on...

Happy days.

- Bee
Old 24 July 2004, 09:29 AM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I've always maintained that it's not that someone CAUSES a problem. It's how they FIX it that counts.

Things go wrong. **** happens. A good service place / dealer will sort it and actually GAIN customer loyalty by the way they fix it.
Old 24 July 2004, 11:57 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
I've always maintained that it's not that someone CAUSES a problem. It's how they FIX it that counts.

Things go wrong. **** happens. A good service place / dealer will sort it and actually GAIN customer loyalty by the way they fix it.

Kieran,
Exactly my sentiments

Tony
Old 25 July 2004, 03:46 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Thats great to hear GalaxiaN considering I ordered mine from MK yesterday !
Old 25 July 2004, 09:02 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

the mk branch is our sister branch and theres no way a salesman would be allowed to take home any car other than a demonstrator. i'd take it with a pinch of salt.
Old 26 July 2004, 03:25 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GalaxiaN
I've often read posts where people have had a nightmare service offered by their Subaru dealerships. After todays events I thought I'd post a more positive thread.

I picked up my WR1 yesterday from Subaru in Bletchley Milton Keynes.
After spending the afternoon driving around for about 100 miles I visited a mate who instantly spotted my front off-side wheel was splattered with black greese.
I cleaned most of it off thinking it was a one off but phoned the dealership as soon as I got into work today as more had appeared during my journey in.
To my surprise the Service Manager drove over to my place of work which isn't very close to the dealership to inspect the problem. Turned out to be a clip not seated straight covering the wheel bearings and was leaking the greese. He drove the car back to the dealership got the problem fixed plus sorted a couple of scratches I had pointed out. When returning my car he even phoned to ask what Petrol I preferred to use as he wanted to fill the tank back up as a goodwill gesture.

Sure I know it's a new car and these problems have to be sorted but in the past this has been a hassle with other car manufacturer dealerships but it was no inconvenience to me whatsoever which is something I'm not used to.

Ah.... Happy motoring
is that the Fenny Stanton Dealer? - didnt see any WR1 there or any mention..
Old 26 July 2004, 03:37 PM
WRXSTI Colin
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for putting the record straight Scoobyboy.
Old 26 July 2004, 06:03 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

thats ok i'm wondering who it was as most of the sales guys came over with the new owners so they know the rules about the cars and as we have a demo wr1 i cant see why they would want to use a forecourt car anyway when they only need to ask to borrow it.
Old 26 July 2004, 06:28 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy
thats ok i'm wondering who it was as most of the sales guys came over with the new owners so they know the rules about the cars and as we have a demo wr1 i cant see why they would want to use a forecourt car anyway when they only need to ask to borrow it.
do you still have a WR1 Demo Car and if so where are you located
Old 26 July 2004, 07:17 PM
GalaxiaN
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
is that the Fenny Stanton Dealer? - didnt see any WR1 there or any mention..
Its the Fenny Stratford dealer (Bletchley Milton Keynes)
Cold Turkey drove the demo a couple of days ago but don't know if its still there.
Old 26 July 2004, 07:27 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

On a similar note I had the misfortune to need a replacement wheel last month, ordered one from MK Subaru, arrived next day but damaged in transit, car being un-drivable Drew (the service & parts manager) loaned me a pair of wheels they had in the workshop for a few days whilst my 2nd new wheel arrived - I like that kind of service!
Old 26 July 2004, 07:34 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

The demonstrator was still there at 4:30pm Saturday so unless its gone today it should still be there.

Glad to hear good things about MK Subaru.