ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please a newbie.

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2004, 08:27 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please a newbie.

Need your help ! Just bought a new Scooby WRX ( well pick it up tmoz ) How long does it have to be run in for ????? What model is it ie, version 6 ? Waited six years to be in a position to buy a brand new one, I never had a test drive in all them years i just new if i had i would have bought one and the timing was'nt just right. I have a feeling this could be the longest night of my life !

Last edited by simpsons !; 16 July 2004 at 08:31 PM.
Old 16 July 2004, 08:32 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simpsons !
Need your help ! Just bought a new Scooby WRX ( well pick it up tmoz ) How long does it have to be run in for ????? What model is it ie, version 6 ? Waited six years to be in a position to buy a brand new one, I never had a test drive in all them years i just new if i had i would have bought one and the timing was'nt just right. I have a feeling this could be the longest of my life !
1000 miles of gentle,then let it rip!!!!!!!!Albeit still gentle but gradually building up the revs.
Welcome by the way.
Old 16 July 2004, 08:35 PM
Foxmod
Scooby Regular

Welcome!,

A new WRX does not have a version number, but class it as a MY04 WRX. Regarding ruunning in you need 1000m on the clock then a quick service (oil change only) and you're done.

BTW bet you won't sleep much, I know I got about 3 hrs sleep when I picked up my MY03 STI 8 months ago. ENJOY

Dave
Old 16 July 2004, 08:45 PM
subaru-impreza.org
Scooby Regular

Enjoy m8... Best thing ever... I hated running it in though... Just wanted to give it some...

BUT RUN IT IN... its worth it..

Have a good one
Old 16 July 2004, 08:49 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Thanks for your help guy's. 1000 mls i wonder how quick that has been done before ???? I have a feeling the wheels aint going to stop this weekend ! I have a cunning plan about the sleeping bit, Seeing as the max i've slept this week is 5 hours, Gonna get bolloxed sleep in and be ready for action at two PM !
Old 16 July 2004, 08:52 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help guy's. 1000 mls i wonder how quick that has been done before ???? I have a feeling the wheels aint going to stop this weekend ! I have a cunning plan about the sleeping bit, Seeing as rhe max i've slept this week is 5 hours, Gonna get bolloxed sleep in and be ready for action at two PM !
Had my car 4 weeks,two of which I was away on holiday,1100 miles on clock,so two weeks aint bad.
By the way, mix up the driving ,dont do 1000 miles on motorway at same speed.
Old 16 July 2004, 08:56 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by njkmr
Had my car 4 weeks,two of which I was away on holiday,1100 miles on clock,so two weeks aint bad.
By the way, mix up the driving ,dont do 1000 miles on motorway at same speed.
Oki this sounds good but what revs am i alowed to take it up to ?
Old 16 July 2004, 08:59 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Oki this sounds good but what revs am i alowed to take it up to ?
No more than 4000 ideally.The odd blip will happen but dont leather it!!!!!!!!
Old 16 July 2004, 09:04 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

No more than 4000 ideally.The odd blip will happen but dont leather it!!!!!!!!
I prommise I will behave ! Have a Puma at the mo so used to caning it at every chance i get ! Will miss the Puma by the way handles so sweetly just needs more oomph.
Old 16 July 2004, 09:07 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

I prommise I will behave ! Have a Puma at the mo so used to caning it at every chance i get ! Will miss the Puma by the way handles so sweetly just needs more oomph.
To be honest you wont need to cane the Scoob,it will be a revelation for you.
Enjoy.
Old 16 July 2004, 09:14 PM
skubyman
Scooby Regular

I am in exactly the same position saved hard and now MY 04 WRX is mine with 400 miles on and I'm off to wales 2morow in it great can't wait, All I can say about the car at the moment is What A Motor best choice I ever made...
Old 16 July 2004, 09:18 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skubyman
I am in exactly the same position saved hard and now MY 04 WRX is mine with 400 miles on and I'm off to wales 2morow in it great can't wait, All I can say about the car at the moment is What A Motor best choice I ever made...
Excellent,just watch out for the woolybacks and the sheep!!!!!!!!
Old 16 July 2004, 09:20 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by skubyman
You are going to make tonight even longer ! I am so fookin giddy at the moment it defies logic ! After all it's only a car........................ Yeah right
Old 16 July 2004, 09:23 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

You are going to make tonight even longer ! I am so fookin giddy at the moment it defies logic ! After all it's only a car........................ Yeah right
I know what you mean,at 34 years old I talk about cars like a school kid,but hey thats Scoobs for you!No harm in enjoying them though.

Oh and half a dozen Stellas!!!!!!!!
Old 16 July 2004, 09:23 PM
skubyman
Scooby Regular

But once that key turns and the engine rolls say no more ( make sure you clean your teeth cus you wont stop smiling ) .. Enjoy..
Old 16 July 2004, 09:32 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean,at 34 years old I talk about cars like a school kid,but hey thats Scoobs for you!No harm in enjoying them though.

Oh and half a dozen Stellas!!!!!!!!
I think that my mates are more Giddy than i am ! They KNOW how much this means to me we talk cars all the time about performance looks etc, But they know my eyes light up when they mention a Scooby, At the moment ther'e several offers to accompany me to the dealer and i've declined them all you watch they will turn up in force cameras at the ready !
Old 16 July 2004, 10:10 PM
DPat
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help guy's. 1000 mls i wonder how quick that has been done before ????
3 days 4 me on the MY00 - booked in b4 delivery to prevent delays, then straight of the Val d'Isere for some real fun

DPat
Old 16 July 2004, 10:15 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Cool

I think that my mates are more Giddy than i am ! They KNOW how much this means to me we talk cars all the time about performance looks etc, But they know my eyes light up when they mention a Scooby, At the moment ther'e several offers to accompany me to the dealer and i've declined them all you watch they will turn up in force cameras at the ready !
drive yourself into it, dont go and frighten youurself too early!
Old 17 July 2004, 10:47 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Picked up the Scooby today, awesome !!!! Asked the dealer about the running in period and his reply was just drive it, 5k rev's is fine just not all the time, don't redline it and we will see you in a 1000 miles. He also said that the best second cars that they sell after they have come back are the ex-demonstator's because they have been driven fairly hard from new. I'm gonna take his word on this one after all i have warranty. I'm one giddy kipper tonight !
Old 17 July 2004, 11:03 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the club and enjoy it simpsons !

The handbook does say no more than 4000 rpm although i'm yet to see a demo car sticking to that!

Just make sure the engine speeds are varied up to the limit. It'll soon pass although not soon enough ( I'm still running my WR1 in)although at least it'll give u time to get used to the car.

Chris