Sponsored by:

Trackstar STILL not working!

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2004, 01:39 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Trackstar STILL not working!

This is starting to get me annoyed.... Picked up my WR1 on 26/6 & was given a form to send off to Trackstar by the dealer. This form should be sent 24 hours BEFORE installation. Monday 28/6 I posted & faxed the form to Trackstar. I phoned to check on 30/6 that all was ok only to be told that they didn't have the SIM number. I then called my dealer & got that one sorted out. I called 1/7 to check all was ok only to be told that they hadn't received the original form that I had posted on 28/6. I called on 2/7 & missed then as they all went home early that day! They are shut on the weekends. Called first thing 5/7 & they asked me to drive the car around at an agreed time (11:00am) so they could do a test track. Called first thing 6/7 & was told that they didn't get around to do a test track & could I drive around again. I called 6/7 after my drive around to be told that my car isn't on the engineers computer & they would ring me back in 10 mins. Now it's 1 hour later & they have called me back, the first time I've received the promised callback. It's now on the engineers computer & they're running a test & will call me back. One week & 2 days with no Trackstar operational & complete incompetence between Subaru, my dealer & Trackstar. Meanwhile, I assume my insurance is void as the car is insured with a Tracking system.
Old 06 July 2004, 01:46 PM
WR-one
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one to watch - make sure they have your car and you in sink - when I had it they called me up saying my car had been taken and was going up the M5 - I was in fact driving it up the M42 - seems my details had been linked to another car!
Old 06 July 2004, 04:23 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Now fixed & tested....... 10 days after collecting the car!
Old 06 July 2004, 04:38 PM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick
Now fixed & tested....... 10 days after collecting the car!
Glad to hear it's sorted Nick, nothing worse than having a faulty alarm! but your insurance would still be OK as the unit was fitted to the car! it would of just been a matter between Trackstar & your insurers should (god forbid) anything had of happened...

Hope you are enjoying the WR1....

Liam.
Old 06 July 2004, 04:45 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

make sure they have your car and you in sink

Do you mean sync?
Old 06 July 2004, 04:46 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Thanks Liam

I agree that I would probably be ok under insurance as I gave the info in good faith. In the event of a claim I could the least sue Subaru UK for breach of contract. But TBH, should we really put up with this sort of hassle when we've paid £30k for a car & IM have had it sitting around & allocated for 3 weeks?
Old 07 July 2004, 01:21 AM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

I think he meant sync as well and I'm well out of that at this time in the morning!!!
Old 07 July 2004, 09:30 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Fair point that the tracker should be pre-registered before pick up, but when somebody has whinged so much about the car/dealer/IM/Subaru etc etc

Can't wait till his first set of tyres only last 5000 miles, then he'll be suing IM and Bridgestone blah blah...
Old 07 July 2004, 09:56 AM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G00ner
Fair point that the tracker should be pre-registered before pick up, but when somebody has whinged so much about the car/dealer/IM/Subaru etc etc

Can't wait till his first set of tyres only last 5000 miles, then he'll be suing IM and Bridgestone blah blah...
G00ner I was told by my dealer that the cars arriving via IM used to have the trackers activated pre delivery, but so many owners complained that they were loosing 2 weeks worth of their RAC contract time (while their cars were at IM) that the changed their policy to activation on collection by the new owner!

I guess it should be a question asked on ordering the car "Would you prefer your tracker pre-registered? or would you like to activate on collection?"

My first car was stolen from the dealers premises with the Tracker not activated, so as you can guess I asked for it's replacement to be activated pre-collection.
Old 07 July 2004, 10:03 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

I'm sorry Gooner thinks I'm winging. I just expect to pay good money for good service, not good money for bad service. If no-one complined, IM would think they're doing things right!

Activation on delivery SOUNDS ok & you'd assume that you would send send off a form or make a phone call. However, there's a long line of lost forms, Trackstar not knowing what's happening, SUbaru not giving them the SIM number etc. That's crap & it deserves a complaint.
Old 07 July 2004, 10:30 AM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick
I'm sorry Gooner thinks I'm winging. I just expect to pay good money for good service, not good money for bad service. If no-one complined, IM would think they're doing things right!

Activation on delivery SOUNDS ok & you'd assume that you would send send off a form or make a phone call. However, there's a long line of lost forms, Trackstar not knowing what's happening, SUbaru not giving them the SIM number etc. That's crap & it deserves a complaint.
Totally agree Nick, there's a phrase "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" and if somethings not right they need to know about it

My second car had a fault on the main alarm system which ment another 2 day extended wait before I could collect it....... I made my feelings known