Impreza Importer Reccomendations

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2004, 02:11 AM
stuart12
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Impreza Importer Recommendations

Hi,

I am just about to use my hard earned cash into buying a new EU Import WRX Impreza. Can anyone recommend any Importer or have any bad experiences with any? Wanting to put deposit down today (Friday).

I may use Motorpoint but have found cheaper but dont know whether they are ok.

Thanks in advance for your help

Stuart

Last edited by stuart12; 02 July 2004 at 02:22 PM. Reason: I cant spel !
Old 02 July 2004, 02:25 PM
stuart12
Scooby Regular

There must be someone on here that has bought a new Euro Import ? Where from?

Anyone help? Im itching to put a deposit down.

Stuart
Old 02 July 2004, 02:26 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Iain Litchfield has had lots of postive customers. It's worth giving him a call http://www.litimports.co.uk/
Old 02 July 2004, 02:38 PM
stuart12
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neil Smalley
Iain Litchfield has had lots of postive customers. It's worth giving him a call http://www.litimports.co.uk/

Thanks Neil,

Gave them a call but unfortunately they only have them available in September.

Stuart
Old 02 July 2004, 03:07 PM
compshack
Scooby Regular

I bought a STI 03 from Motorpoint (Burnley). The car it's self was ok. I have now sold it and bought a "proper" UK Spec one. The differance's are the eu import (Malta) seemed to be an unfinished car. All the small details seemed to be missing, like proper underseal, it did have some but when you look at the uk car it seems that there was a lot missing. Round the rear wheel arches there was no plastic protection like on the uk car. You don't get an alarm, even when I had a cat 1 alarm fitted it was no where near as good as the uk spec one which I beleve to be a Sigma.
No locking wheel nuts again a small detail but more you have to fork out.
When you shut the drivers door on the eu import it did't have the same solid "clunk" as the uk one has.
After all you have to send to get the eu one upto uk standard I wouldn't bother really!
Look for a nearly new ex demo one from a uk dealer and haggle and you'll get one for a cheaper price than one from Motorpoint.
I did and you have the backup from the dealer and IM UK.
Old 02 July 2004, 04:45 PM
stuart12
Scooby Regular

Thanks Chunk.

That has really put a spanner in the works, I am now more confused than ever.

Stuart
Old 02 July 2004, 05:44 PM
whiteyisback
Scooby Regular

Cool eh?

a european import impreza is exactly the same car. lol...both cars have exactly the same doors and grommets, etc...so they will both sound the same when u shut the doors/boot, etc.

As for the underseal thing, well if you really must get it undersealed then pay someone to do it and still walk off with a few grand saved.

My euro import WRX saved me a fortune and i still have a 3 yr pan european waranty, that i've only had to use the once and had absolutely no grief with.

in all you can pay "rip-off britain"' prices or save a small fortune and import from holland/belgium. Whatever you do dont my a malta import as you will have warranty problems.

I bought mine from well lane turbo centre, call them up they're gr8 guys.

i wont post on here what i paid for my brand new wrx to save the blushes of people that paid thru the nose (UK prices).

Trending Topics

Old 02 July 2004, 07:24 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by compshack
I bought a STI 03 from Motorpoint (Burnley). The car it's self was ok. I have now sold it and bought a "proper" UK Spec one. The differance's are the eu import (Malta) seemed to be an unfinished car. All the small details seemed to be missing, like proper underseal, it did have some but when you look at the uk car it seems that there was a lot missing. Round the rear wheel arches there was no plastic protection like on the uk car.

When you shut the drivers door on the eu import it did't have the same solid "clunk" as the uk one has.
I suspect your Maltese import was NOT made to full UK Spec. I have a Euro import UK spec car and it has full underseal, wheel arch plastic protection and doors that shut with a proper clunk. I was and remain very happy with mine.
Old 03 July 2004, 12:49 AM
stuart12
Scooby Regular

Thanks a lot guys.

I have gone and taken the plunge, after weeks of deliberations - used or new, uk or import etc.

I have put my deposit with the very big Euro importer company. I wont say the name to save my blushes in case it all goes wrong. Looking forward to owning a MY04 Impreza. I hope it will be as good as my MY 94 uk.

I now have to decide whether to pay for the factory fit alarm (Sigma) or to have an alarm such as a Clifford fitted seperately. Any ideas?

On the case of warrenties and imports from Malta, as I understand it, as from 1st June 04 all EU countries are now classed as the same, which includes Malta and Cyprus. As in you now get a full 3 year IM warranty, wherever you got the car from.

Stuart
Old 03 July 2004, 10:09 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Definitely confirm the warranty situation in writing. Just because Malta & Cyprus are technically part of the EU now, doesn't guarantee that there isn't some sort of transition period allowed during which a pan-European warranty isn't required.

In good time it probably will be the case that a pan-European warranty is standard, but although a lot of people have assumed one is included now, I've not heard any actual confirmation.
Old 03 July 2004, 10:57 AM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

ahhh did i hear the word subaru and cyprus in the same sentence

brings back memories flame me everyone flame me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03 July 2004, 04:28 PM
Big C
Scooby Regular

Well Lane turbo Centre in Batley (near Leeds) was good for my MY03 WRX from Belgium.

No hassles at all, and gave me a good trade in price too!

C