Sponsored by:

Your advice please

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2004, 11:39 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your advice please

As you may know i ordered some Defi guages from a "reputable" supplier around 6 weeks ago now. Well the three guages turned up after 3 weeks only to find 1 is a Stepmaster as ordered and the other 2 are not. Now im not putting odd guages in the car and phoned him the day they arrived and explained. Apparently there is only one type of white faced guage so i had to send pics to prove they were odd. 2 weeks later and no calls from them at all i have to phone them to find out how things are progressing and they still arent in the country. How long does it take to get replacements? I sent an e mail on 18th June and got a reply today lol its as follows

Simon,

Thanks for your email.

As mentioned on the phone, your Defis will arrive as soon as we get them.

The parts we delivered were as ordered, we are changing them as an act of goodwill. The parts were supplied were at less than cost price as a deal for Peter. We'll lose a lot of money by the time your order has been changed. The saving on your parts was approx 45% off retail price.

We order direct from Defi USA, there shipment from Japan is one delivery per month and your revised guages are Japanese spec items, this is why they take a little while to arrive.

I hope this lets you know our position and gives you an insight into why they take a little while to arrive.

Now we never asked for a discount we asked what the best price they could do was. I asked for the Stepmasters so how is this an act of goodwill?
Am i right to be a little p***** off now?
Old 02 July 2004, 11:44 AM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's defi having a laugh, mate.

Firstly, no dealer would supply you with an item if they weren't making money from you. If they did, then thay have no right to grumble about it as it's down to their own stupidity/lack of business sense.

Secondly, who they get their stuff from should be of no consequence to you. Explaining the difficulties faced by them is simply passing the buck, which is very bad form.

If I were you I'd send the whole lot back and ask for a refund. If they really lost money on this deal then they'd be glad to reverse this situation.

Dealers who blame their suppliers for delays in supply, lack of availability, etc, appear to me to not be serious enough about what they do. How they use these excuses to defend their lack of service is a bit of a cop out, imho.