Sponsored by:

Subaru involved in death crash 2 update

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2004, 04:11 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Subaru involved in death crash 2 update

Following the other thread being locked here is the link for the BBC website that the info came from:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/3145319.stm

After speaking to someone at work who lives locally to the incident the road was blocked for several hours and the Subaru was silver, my thought was someone going to Santa Pod, wasn't it Japfest or something this weekend just gone?

The accident happened just on the A509 outside Newport Pagnell where the road goes from dual carriageway to single, just over the roundabout at the top of the hill. Sure people who visit Santa Pod often via J14 M1 must know exactly where this is.

I only posted the info because Scoobynetters might know the car/person involved.

Andy.
Old 22 June 2004, 04:14 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

I was going to say i hope it isn't anyone off this board but then thought it sounded heartless if they weren't on the board if you know what i mean...... a sorry sorry story no matter what car was involved

just brings it home more when its the make you drive.

Paul
Old 22 June 2004, 04:16 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

very sad, thoughts are with all families involved.
Old 22 June 2004, 04:19 PM
kondo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by AndyMoody
Following the other thread being locked here is the link for the BBC website that the info came from:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/3145319.stm

After speaking to someone at work who lives locally to the incident the road was blocked for several hours and the Subaru was silver, my thought was someone going to Santa Pod, wasn't it Japfest or something this weekend just gone?

The accident happened just on the A509 outside Newport Pagnell where the road goes from dual carriageway to single, just over the roundabout at the top of the hill. Sure people who visit Santa Pod often via J14 M1 must know exactly where this is.

I only posted the info because Scoobynetters might know the car/person involved.

Andy.
We ( being the people that are genuine on here) realised that from the very start . But for those that are on here for reason's other they would have not realised this .

my sympathy to the familys of those who were involved in this incident
Old 23 June 2004, 01:34 AM
thetroublemaker
Scooby Newbie

5 minutes from where i live.

It is a long straight downhill bit of road and people do tend to get carried away on it.

A tragedy none the less, and my thoughts go out to the families or the people involved.
Old 24 June 2004, 11:20 PM
madmoog
Scooby Regular

thetroublemaker, it actually occured about 100m north (towards Olney on A509) of Chicheley Hill roundabout.

Apparently the scooby hit a number of vehicles, but we will now have to wait for the official Coroners report.

My sympathy and thoughts go out to all those involved.

Last edited by madmoog; 24 June 2004 at 11:21 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 24 June 2004, 11:43 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Are you sure it was a Subaru? I saw one of those "Police Stop" style programmes where some pikeys had stolen "a powerful Subaru sports car" but when the vid was shown it was actuallly a Lexus IS200
Old 25 June 2004, 12:51 AM
thetroublemaker
Scooby Newbie

my guess would have to be coming out of the roundabout and a misjudged overtake.

tragedy.
Old 25 June 2004, 08:40 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's fast bend then as it goes under the old bridge. It looks like a safe long bend but is actually blind and cars will come the other way pretty fast.
The exit of the roundabout going to Olney is pretty nasty as its a tricky little "S" shape. Going too fast there and it would be easy to clip one of the high kerbs and totally lose it.
I've never liked that roundabout as it is a fast dual right up the hill, but then people panic to get in the correct filtered lane - which leads to trouble.
Surprised there's not a camera at the crown of the hill.

Nick