Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Info needed

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2000, 03:30 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I previously posted this up on the 22b bbs, so any help would be grateful.

Whats happening with the new model imprezas (2001). I just ordered mine, and today received a letter from the senior sales consultant at my local dealership, saying that i will be informed of the delivery date of my new impreza when he knows (sometime in march (2001)Hopefully. Whats bothering me is that when i ordered it (all-new UK turbo 2001) i did'nt know the spec or colour. Now i may sound stupid for asking this but how does it all work? Do they bring batches of imprezas into the dealer so i can choose a colour (any colour)? Or do i have to go with what they provide me with? The same goes with the spec.
I have read alot of websites about the new impreza and have a few more questions. (Sorry). Does anyone know if the UK turbo impreza will now be named the WRX here in Britain (Europe) and in America like it is in Japan. You know like an International name.
And Will the new impreza have a 6-speed gearbox? I think my dealer told me that it would, whilst i was ordering, but i can't be sure.(Caught up in the excitement).
He also told me that they might be bringing the Black colour back out for the car. Has anyone heard anything about the all new car from their dealer.

PS Anybody seen the pics from nurenburgring?
What model impreza does it look like? and are the wings real or just fiberglass moldings riveted on to cover whats underneath? Looks like a cover to me, to ugly otherwise.
Old 06 July 2000, 07:17 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

They will know choice of colours, and different options (like A/C, sunroof etc) well in advance of taking first delivery, so will contact you about specifics nearer to the time.
I understand that it will be called the WRX internationally.
Now, with regards to the 6 speed box, I think this is just wishfull thinking.
And the nuburg car is just a camoflauged car, I wouldn't take it too seriously.
I don't believe a photograph of the new car has been published yet, so it's wait and see for you I'm afraid.
Old 06 July 2000, 07:29 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

err, the new impreza released later this year in Japan will have a 6 speed box.
Old 07 July 2000, 02:32 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys. I think its gonna be a real stormer of a car, but i guess i'll have to wait.Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I can't bear it

If anyone gets any info from the dealers or any websites be sure to post it up on scoobynet ASAP.

Cheers all
Scrappydoo
Old 07 July 2000, 01:18 PM
Lovejoy
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by sunilp:
<B>err, the new impreza released later this year in Japan will have a 6 speed box.[/quote]

That model, if it ever sees the light of yander window, will be an STi version. The standard(?) WRX will more than likely just get the 5-speed box.

Lovejoy