Sponsored by:

Service!

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2004, 11:46 AM
Initial D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Service!

Local dealership has pushed it to far this time..

As I am looking to sell my my97 - I thought that the local dealership may be helpful, after all - thats where I got it from as well as the Legacy that sits in the drive with it. After been shocked at there lower than trade offer -"its white ho hum" (what a load of old ****) and then a rip off price for a knackered RB5 (12K for smashed bits of bumber, chipped paint all round and limited service history anyone?) I had to point out that the 30 - 35K spent on cars (never mind servicing and Prodrive bits) there over the last few years should count for somthing and that they have never once even washed any of the cars after a service - which I find totally unacceptable - I was simply told "I'll have no trouble shifting that RB5". I could have hit him, but perfer to let my wallet sort it out:

So I am now looking for a mint Evo6 Tommi mak or RS for my sports wagon and an RS6 Avant Plus instead of the Legacy - money that I could have spent on new Scoobs instead - but Mr shortsighted salesman wont be getting another penny.

Anyone else just had it with crap dealerships?
Old 03 June 2004, 11:49 AM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

I agree - send a letter of complaint to the dealer MD. Might not have any effect, but will make you feel better.
Old 03 June 2004, 11:57 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why doesn't anyone ever NAME the crap dealers?

My own crap dealer is Olympian Poole who gave me an incorrect delivery date.
Old 03 June 2004, 12:05 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Initial D
...and that they have never once even washed any of the cars after a service - which I find totally unacceptable - I was simply told "I'll have no trouble shifting that RB5". I could have hit him, ...
If my dealer washed my car without telling me I would find it totally unacceptable, I would probably feel like hitting him
With soft, easily marked paint, I would not let *anyone* wash, wax or polish my car.

Let your wallet do the walking, try an Audi dealer, but don't expect things to be any better there!
Old 03 June 2004, 12:56 PM
kob999
Scooby Regular

Agree totally you are getting crap service from your dealer, but not at all surprised.

Also agree that changing to another type of main dealer will not cure the situation.

Main dealers particularily large ones where saleman is on commision and will probably not be there when you next change your car give no credit for customer loyalty
Old 03 June 2004, 02:41 PM
Initial D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jiggerypokery
If my dealer washed my car without telling me I would find it totally unacceptable, I would probably feel like hitting him
With soft, easily marked paint, I would not let *anyone* wash, wax or polish my car.

I know where your coming from, I dont let anyone near the 86! - but normally my cars are covered in mud and various other rubbish from my driveway (shared with a farmer) and I always found it odd that they would let there service guys underneith the car in that state! And yet every time I saw a newer car in there it was always jet washed!

The sales guy was also the owner - so I dont think he really cares about my business, which I find a bit odd really.

Oh and its Gilesgate in Hexham for those who want to know - the mechanics are top blokes however, I will miss chating to them about motors - but I'll never buy there again. Its a bugger for the Legacy mind- it needs a service and the dealer in Newcastle is miles away from where I live!

Still - looking foward to trying the RS6 450 bhp + sounds like fun. (I doubt the dogs will like it much mind!)
Old 03 June 2004, 04:01 PM
kob999
Scooby Regular

A major factor in the service levels at dealers is despite the impression they give that times are tough the truth is they are far from that.

New cars are selling in record numbers and they know that if they upset you there are lots of others waiting to take your place.

Went to a dealership with a friend who was getting new car about 18 months back and salesman could not even be bothered to get out of his seat (busy reading the paper). When we asked about car details he pointed without getting up to a rack of brochures and when test drive was mentioned he just told receptionist to give us the keys and check our details.

Left thinking this was worst dealership ever but to be honest the next one was not much better. If they are that casual about sales imagine what after sales service must be like.

This was my first experience of buying a car from new and was definately not what I was expecting.
Old 03 June 2004, 07:24 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

must admit though white subarus are a real pig to sell on no one seems to want them infact we have a customer who only buys white cars as he says it's better visability at night but he has been waiting for nearly 5 months now for i.m to get in stock a white impreza gx. according to them they only do white cars on an order basis so he has to wait for his order to filter through to japan. seems a bit far fetched to me.