Sponsored by:

Parts prices - cheaper alternative

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2004, 04:58 PM
LeMans
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Parts prices - cheaper alternative

Not sure what to put this post under but will start here as it is sort of General !.

I recently bought an STi panel filter for £61 and thought that this seems expensive. However, having done some research by the time that they are bought in Japan, postage and packing is added, plus the import duty and the dealers margin, you can understand why they are expensive to buy in the UK.

I am shortly going to Japan on a business trip and by coincidence a friend of mine is shipping something to Japan and will have an empty container returning from Japan to the UK and I was considering shipping in a number of parts including a supply of STi panel filters.

I don’t know costs as yet as I have to pay for the return of the container but would hope that I could provide these delivered for £40-£45 and wondered what interest there was. This should show a saving of £15-£20 compared to UK delivered prices.

As most parts in Japan are cheaper then in the UK, I was wondering what else there is demand for, as if there was enough demand for a number of items, I would bring some back.

I am not a dealer just a Scooby owner looking for cheaper prices. I am buying some parts for myself and thought I could do so for other as well.

Any comments would be appreciated so I know what demand there is for what !.
Old 02 June 2004, 05:28 PM
streetbeats
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id be up for one