Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY04 or MY03 PPP's wagon owners??

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2004, 11:25 PM
eyeMAJIC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking MY04 or MY03 PPP's wagon owners??

Evening folks!!

I used to be on these forums a bit when I had my beloved MY01 bugeye wagon...... Oh, how I loved her....

Sadly, in April 2002, I was hit by a loony tourist, who was uninsured very minor damage (could post some photos for a giggle) but the repair bill was enormous, so I had to claim.... Being a 20-something, and losing my NCB, I couldn't get any insurance the right side of £2k, so it was traded for a Volvo V70

Volvo broke down 3 times in a year ; (dodgy engine management on the D5 diesel) so last year I got one of the new Toyota Land Cruisers; tasty, but SLLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW.........

....Just checked with Admiral, and as I now have 2 years NCB back & am now a 30-something , I can get cover for a WRX for £850 or an STi for £1250.... BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!

Trouble is, I NEED a wagon.... it simply has to be due to space, though I've test driven the STi and loved it.

Any PPP'd wagon owners able to post their thoughts on pre/post PPPing their wagon??

Many thanks in advance!

Feels good to be back.... might not be Scoobed yet, but oh, I can feel it is close!!
Old 28 May 2004, 11:34 PM
eyeMAJIC
Scooby Regular

....ooops, just ran a search & got loads of info.... sorry to post again!!!!

Any thoughts still much appreciated though.... Especially on the Prodrive recommendation on moving from 17 to 18 inch rims??

I live in pothole city, so if that could be avoided, I'd rather!
Old 29 May 2004, 12:29 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Word of warning though: check the cost of insurance after you have listed the power increase and new back box, you may find that it is more than the standard STi, especially with "We don't like mods, Sir" Admiral.

Try an AXA policy through A-PLAN (phone A-Plan, they knew what PPP was) - there was over £750 difference between my Admiral renewal and the A-Plan quote.
Old 29 May 2004, 12:31 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Try Liverpool Victoria.
Old 29 May 2004, 03:18 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sith
Try Liverpool Victoria.
Ditto.
They blew the competion away
Old 29 May 2004, 09:29 PM
eyeMAJIC
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice about insurance, folks.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should even just keep it standard for a while.... After all, coming from a Land Cruiser, being back in a standard WRX will feel like time travel

....since having it, I have hardly noticed any scoobs on the road, probably because they are travelling at such a relatively higher speed, I don't see them. Mind you, saw one parked the other day, damned near drove over it without noticing....

Pah, who needs huge, thirsty 4x4s when you can have a small, even thirstier Scooby that puts 3 times as many grins on your face....

Thanks again, all.
Old 30 May 2004, 06:49 PM
WRX Jase
Scooby Regular

Got an 03 PPP'ed Wagon myself. Can't fault it at all definately the best all round car I've ever had. I bought it already with PPP and 18" rims on it and have no complaints. Only thing I would add is that I would check the insurance cost for post PPP (as has been said). Mine went up 50% as a result of the "Mods" so it does make a difference! As for the recommended 18" rims not sure if the ride in the standard car is any easier but I find mine absolutely fine and I've done 25K + miles in a little over a year so they can't be hurt the ride that much.

All in all no regrets here!
Old 30 May 2004, 11:28 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

I had the PPP on my 03 wagon from new & ran with the standard springs & 17" wheels for a year covering around 12,000 miles.

I then decided to sort the handling to keep up with my use/abuse of the power from the PPP.

I fitted the Prodrive springs with Prodrive geometry & 8" x 18" PFF7 wheels.Then because the standard four pots looked a bit weeny under the larger wheels I upgraded the brakes to 335mm Brembos.

The wagon feels much more stable & planted when flicking through S bends with almost no dip & lift which it had before.As an added bonus it also looks a lot better & sits a little lower

Enjoy your return to Scooby ownership.

Mark.
Old 31 May 2004, 12:09 AM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

dat look like the devil's hearse!
Old 31 May 2004, 12:18 AM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Nice awsome looking car m8
Old 01 June 2004, 10:03 AM
eyeMAJIC
Scooby Regular

Blimey Mark, that IS one mean looking machine.
Far meaner than a standard STI UK in black.

Well, I managed to get next Monday off to do a couple of test drives in Perth.... Very friendly service on the phone from Town & County, and they've got a WRX and and STI on demo.
Also going to pop up the road for a quick whizz in an Evo 8 260, coz they have one on demo there too; just coz I have never driven one.

I think it is definitely going to be a WRX wagon though; probably PPP'd to keep the warranty. The extra space, and the ability to get my bike on & off the roof without having to carry a step ladder will be a bonus!

See what I mean?? -

Thanks again for all the help and advice..... I am getting very excited about rejoining the camp already......
Old 01 June 2004, 09:53 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Originally Posted by Wrexy27
dat look like the devil's hearse!

To coin a phrase "Get me to the church on time".

Use "Speedy Funeral Cars Co."

Mark

Last edited by FLAT ERIC; 01 June 2004 at 09:56 PM.