Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nearly 9 weeks and direct line still haven't finished!

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2004, 10:01 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry nearly 9 weeks and direct line still haven't finished!

rant mode on:-

"Its been almost 9 weeks since DL had my car in for repair after being stolen, and they still won't give me a finish date!!

Seriously pee'd off with paying all that money out to the contract hire company each month for it to sit in a garageand having to drive around a cr@ppy astra estate! "
Old 28 May 2004, 10:30 AM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

being fair to direct line, is it not he garage on a go slow?(pressuming everything has been authurised)

bit of catch 22, my dad is an ex panel beater and when his car was taking a bit of time to repair he was reluctant to pressure the garage because a rushed panel beater may not reach the same standard as an unrushed one. very flustraiting, been there myself. but you've also got to draw the line somewhere. have you tried speaking to the garage?

not much use to you but, you dont have to use the garage that the insurance tell you to use, your entitled to take your car to a garage that you know and trust.

stevie
Old 28 May 2004, 11:47 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

I won't use them ever again after all the aggro I had getting my BMW repaired after an arguement with a hedgerow.

The impact had knocked something out in the geometry, it was enough to buckle a wheel so I wasn't surprised. I told them that the steering wheel was no longer centred when driving down a straight road at the time of getting the claim sorted out.

Got the car back from the bodyshop, good enough job on the paint, bent panels etc. but the steering wheel was still pointing the wrong way. The bloke from the body shop offered to take the steering wheel off and put it back on straight

Took a lot of phone calls, rants, etc. to get them to agree to having a proper four wheel alignment check done. Even had to take it to Kwik Fit for a tracking check, the chap there said your front wheels are okay, it's the back ones that are pointing the wrong direction, can't do anything about that mate. Turns out I had bent a suspension arm. It was the way I was treated throughout this entire process that I was trying to pull a fast one on them, the assesor who eventually looked at it was quite apologetic and admitted that it was being treated as a malicious claim

Okay in fairness it was resolved in the end, and if they had realised the true extent of the damage it probably would have been written off, but I'm surprised whoever assesed the damage originally didn't suspect any suspension damage.

Anyway when its all sorted change insurers
Old 07 June 2004, 11:24 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Its getting on for 11 weeks now with no end in sight !!! And i have just found out that the wheel alignment hasn't even been checked yet (which considering that a wheel and tyre was damaged due to kerbing so the suepension is most likely damaged!!)

I've logged a complaint, and loads of phone calls with lots of different people and there is absoltly no chance of getting any renumeration (even as a good will gesture)from them for paying for 12 months insurance on a high premium car to drive round in a 1.2 corsa(the astra was changed as it ran out of tax)!

I will never, never ever use Direct Line again, and would urge none of you to either!

I'm just glad that the claim i have made will result in them making no money from me in the past few years