Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vandalised again, how can I catch them ?

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2004, 06:51 PM
Chaddy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Vandalised again, how can I catch them ?

Anyone got any clever ideas on how to catch the lowlife slug that keeps vandalising my Scoob ? It's been attacked now four times ! The first time they 'just' stuffed the i/c scoop, and rad full of mud and grass ( took an hour to clean, with the aid of vac ) but the last three times it's been much more expensive. They make approx. 75 mm long deep scratches on every panel..clever eh!..it means it needs a complete respray to fix it, not just one panel,.. but there's no point, because every few weeks, another lot of scratches appear! I would dearly love to kill the sick b*****d who's doing this, but failing that, can anyone tell me how to catch him ?
Old 05 June 2004, 06:52 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

you need a garage mate
Old 05 June 2004, 07:10 PM
mark prodrive the garage
Scooby Regular

Angry

If its in front of your house get a video camera. I had to do this and build a driveway.BQ sell a camera called the vigilantern (think it cost £60) it looks like a normal light but their is a small camera built in with a motion sensor as well. You can set it up a few ways, mine is set up so that a buzzer sounds and the channel changes on your tv.Then when you are out or in bed you can record the car. A bit of a hassel i know.
My car got scratched 6 times

You could also by one of they highly visable dummy cameras.
Old 05 June 2004, 07:12 PM
Chaddy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wakeboardar
you need a garage mate
I've got one mate, it's just that it's full of racing Mini ! and anyway, it might be happening at the girlfreinds, or in town.
Old 05 June 2004, 07:37 PM
subaru-impreza.org
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your news.

The only real way m8 is to camera them in the act.... - get yourself some camera and keep it on record.....
Old 05 June 2004, 07:42 PM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

Location: West Sussex-Scoob stripped :( Hello Audi A6 4.2V8 Quattro :)
Angry

Chaddy,
You haven't mentioned your circumstances, is your car parked in the road,on a private drive etc?
Does it happen at certain times of the night, on particular nights? etc
I'm obviously lucky enough to have a garage, but if that was happening to me, I think I would wrap up warm put a pillow on my back seat (as long as your rear windows are tinted) baseball bat in hand (in case you wanted a quick game of baseball with your neighbours) plus mobile (gives you choice of calling police or dealing with it yourself!!!!!!!!)
And sleep and wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it might be a pain in the ar*e for a few nights but just think of the pleasure you could have if you jump out of your car and catch them.
I know people have mentioned cameras but even if you catch it on tape, it could be dark,they could be wearing baseball caps,hats etc, so you catch it on tape your cars damaged but you still don't know who's responsible!!
Good luck anyway
Kev.
Old 07 June 2004, 12:03 AM
Chaddy
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys,
I've looked at cameras, B&Q, and Argos do one that automatically starts your Video when it senses movement, but that doesn't help if it's away from home. Can you fit a camera in the car ?
Old 07 June 2004, 12:08 AM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

This happened to me a few months back now, had every panel not just scratched but kicked in

It has since been fixed (£5000) and it now has been keyed on the drivers door.

Not sure what i can do to prevent it happening Lucky I have got a mate who owns a bodyshop
Old 07 June 2004, 12:53 AM
wrexxx
Scooby Regular

B%^&$%&

you know what thats weird I got my first scooby 3 days ago and already neighbours telling me they saw a certain few kids chucking stones at it when passing, if I catch em trust me i wont say nothing to them ill go straight to their dad and give him a good bloody mouthfull, i think theres something about an imprezza that makes people jelous if only they knew the running costs, silly really why I dont know but check this out for home security, otherwise just be weary where u park mate

1 unit : Retail : Colour Spy Camera ideal for security works via a VCR With Audio Capture Also.

£69.99
Was: £249.99
Prices Include VAT

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product....ea1569e0157d2c

Hope it helps mate gutted for you
Old 07 June 2004, 12:57 AM
penfold118
Scooby Regular

Nott much help but it might give you a sadistic way to get the B**TA**S...!
www.stickdeath.com then go to the anti autotheft link
Old 07 June 2004, 01:22 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

This happened to someone I know. It always used to happen on weekends so in the end he came up with a good plan. He slept UNDER the car

He was in the army and car sleep in the middle of a war so found it quite easy LOL!.

Then the night he caught them he rolled from under the car and poped up on the other side of the car with a big grin

The legged it but he saw who it was (someone local), he found him the next day and gave him a good slap. Car was ok after then, but suppose it could have started a long running thing. Atleast he found out who it was and got some revenge!
Old 07 June 2004, 02:23 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

This is probably not the best solution, but.

You can get your car alarm upgarded, with perimeter detection. Or a very sensitive microwave sensor. And a paging device, some will work via a pager, or some can ring you on your mobile.

The alarm is then adjusted so that it is sensitive to any movement that is within a foot of the car. The alarm goes off and informs you. It could be possible to fit it as a secondary alarm (in addition to the current one) and not use a siren - that way it will notify you but won't make a sound, so you can catch them red handed.

Disadvantages are obvious - very sensitive = lots of false alarms, oh, and the cost!
Old 07 June 2004, 03:54 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Pay me to watch over the scoob for 2weeks, i will thro in a free slap or 2 or 3 if i catch them. Also this week im offering a special so let me know.

Just had a think about this. Why dont u wire your car up to the mains (bodywork) that why if they touch they will get fried. good eh?
Old 07 June 2004, 06:33 AM
p@ul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
Pay me to watch over the scoob for 2weeks, i will thro in a free slap or 2 or 3 if i catch them. Also this week im offering a special so let me know.

Just had a think about this. Why dont u wire your car up to the mains (bodywork) that why if they touch they will get fried. good eh?
Its nice to see a fellow member that thinks along the same lines as me
FRY EM FRY EM FRY EM!!!!!!!
Old 07 June 2004, 08:12 AM
Trem
Scooby Regular

Get one of these - http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/cat.php?...9e4b6d4d0d301e and put it in your car. I got one and they are quality.
Old 07 June 2004, 08:23 AM
hybwrx2002
Scooby Regular

+
Old 07 June 2004, 09:34 AM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

trust me DONT put a dog in your car to protect it....... i did that once left my Doberman in the car came back and some thieving scum had tried to be away with the radio (even with the dog in)............. the damage wasn't bad BUT the blood took ages to come out it was in the roof lining, seats, windscreen, vents, dashboard....

Funny as **** but real messy
Old 07 June 2004, 10:36 AM
GaryScoobNCBR
Scooby Regular

Just make sure whatever camera you get its good enough quality, ive seen so many cameras which cant convict crims due to there quality being so bad
Old 07 June 2004, 12:23 PM
foamy
Scooby Regular

The local tw@t of a car vandal here was caught via security camera. He'd thrown a breeze block at the vehicle to smash the windscreen and it also dented the bonnet.

The Police viewed the tape, we gave them a positive ID and the idiot ended up in court, paying the costs of repairs.

Sometimes he wanders into our local pub but funnily enough, the landlord knows he's a tw@t and throws him out every time!