Road Rage incident

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2004, 07:15 PM
tallsteve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Road Rage incident

A bad start to my morning.

Nearly got to work and was queued up coming off a large roundabout, usual idiots pushing in which I didn't get involved with until a large light blue Pajero pulls alongside my window and is VERY close. I decide to accelerate into the gap in front of me (more to get out of his way than anything) and he pulls in one car behind.

Proceed normally (thinking nothing of said incident) when Pajero comes screaming past the car behind me and decides to follow me. I work in a school so don't want to go there so decide to circle the backroads until he gets bored. Think he's given up and pull up to our security gates, gates are shut so I have to buzz in and Pajero nails it up the road and blocks me in. As gates are raising he is out of the Pajero and alongside my window, I ignore him and pull into the school carpark, but the little FC**ER kicks my driver's side rear door leaving a big dent and trim dangling.

No registration, too shocked. No CCTV. No chance of calling the cops.

Couldn't speed away, kiddies in area. Didn't want to get into anything physical (not after the horror stories you hear).

Now need to find a bodyshop to see if they can fix the damage - anyone know of a good place in or around SE London/Surrey?

Well pi$$ed off..
Old 27 May 2004, 07:37 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Steve- Again, shít news as like so many other threads.

Maybe you could go to work the same time tomorrow and see the vehicle in question and just call the cops once you've got his registration?

It would obviously carry more weight if you report the incident today explaining what you intend to do tomorrow.

Can't help with a bodyshop though, wrong part of the world.
Old 27 May 2004, 08:13 PM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R

Well done on the self restraint.
There´s no way i could do that, I carry a 6 cell maglight just in case.

Unfortunately its happening all to often.

Hope you get his Reg. no. or follow him and kick his motor
Old 27 May 2004, 08:16 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this mate but Im afraid if he done that to me regardless of where i was or even how big he was i would have got out and cut short his life insurance policy with use of fists or an object from the boot.

andy
Old 27 May 2004, 08:17 PM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

really pissed to hear this! what a cucking funt

I really don't know what to say...but it seems that you've already decided not to take further action. I think it'll play on your mind until you get your car fixed so the sooner you do it the better.

The best thing you can do now report the incident to the police you have 24 hours I believe? so that they at least have a record of it and in case your paths cross again!

again...what a %$#@!
Old 27 May 2004, 08:21 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Can you remember the colour of it and approx age?

The BiB can do a wildcard search for it. There wont be too many Pejaros in that are - he will be local and I bet the results bring back the right guy.

SOCO can take shoe print etc off door and match to his shoe...
Old 27 May 2004, 09:28 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

Top bloke for keeping cool! Call the police though!

Body work wise give Little Knocks a call, they may not be able to do that but they are very helpful and will point you in a good and affordable direction if they can't. I've just been there today and thy've done an excellent job re-spraying my bumper for less than HALF what everyone else was quoting AND then they fixed up a stack of parking dings too. Think they're http://www.littleknocks.co.uk

:-)

Mike
Old 27 May 2004, 10:44 PM
tallsteve
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi All,

Thanks for the Little knocks lead - I'll check them out. I've only got a MY93 Legacy but it still annoys then hell out of me. No boot print on the car, and in SE London Pajero's are 10 a penny. Can't imagine how I'd feel if something like that happened in a seriously nice car (as I know a lot of you guys own).

Almost felt like getting out, as I'm 6ft 6 - but seeing as I'm working at a Primary school (and in the final weeks of my Postgrad course) I didn't want anything on my record which might blot the copybook.

Cheers

Steven
Old 28 May 2004, 12:03 PM
Scrappy2
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear that, what a sad world we live in. very similar incident happened to me last year driving my Leon Cupra. Really sad bit is the offending driver was in a Scoob. ****** cost nearly 200 quids worth of damage by punching my wing mirror off. Still - as said above report it to the police in case there's any backlash. I've got the full reg of the guy that did me and the police know about it. I withdrew pressing charges for fear of a comeback, so maybe I should put this in 'was it you'. Cos if it was you, how bout we meet up and I come and kick your wing mirror in...cvnt!