Sponsored by:

Window Tinting Near Cambs/Beds

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2004, 08:34 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Window Tinting Near Cambs/Beds

So, I have been ordered by the wife . . . . .

to get the windows on our two cars tinted as our little boy doesn't like the bright light of the sun when travelling in the car...... shame

So who can recommend a good window tinting company either in the Cambridge/Bedford type area, or a mobile that will come and tint our cars (Turbo Wagon and 306 Estate) without charging the earth.
Old 25 May 2004, 10:50 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

Hi Scratch.

Car 2 Tint in Huntingdon, did my scoob and audi, as well as numerous other peoples cars I know.

Guy who does it is an american called kirby, good guy and pretty reasonable.

http://www.car2tint.co.uk/

(my car is in the gallery :-) ).
Old 25 May 2004, 11:51 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

As you mention it's for the youngster you're probably only doing the rears, but just in case, be aware that it is now ilegal to apply any tinting product to the front windows and in the event of a claim, insurance can be invalidated as well as the police starting to get a bit **** about it. I think cosmetically (or is that aesthetically ?) it looks a bit naff to only tint the rear (not too bad on 2 doors) so I haven't bothered.
Old 25 May 2004, 01:05 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

I wouldnt go near cars to tint personally.
I would give Pentagon a call they will come to you now but you will always get a better job done if you leave your car with them in London all day as they remove the glass.
PBEE were you in my road last night in St.Neots??
Silver???Ahh yes you were just looked at the tint web page.
So you know my neighbours then??
right dodgey couple eh Try James Ingram on 01494 677222 or 07970193498

Last edited by ARRON BIRD; 25 May 2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 25 May 2004, 02:00 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

Aaron

yep it was me visiting your neighbours, we go back a few years used to live round the corner as well. have you changed your exhaust recently, looks a lot smaller than what I remembered last time your car was there.

Scratch

As for car2tint, i was a bit dubious as I hadnt known anybody use them before so i rung him up and he offered for me to go and have a look at a brand new m5 he was doing for murketts. Allthough he doesnt remove the glass what he actually does is remove the door card lower the window and fit the film whilst the glass is in the door, very clever and a lot less possible damage than removing the glass alltogether.

Oh and he charges less than half of what pentagon does, The quote from pentagon was £550 Kirby charged £220. The johnson window film he uses is top notch californian stuff, I think with pentagon you are paying a lot for the name.

He does work for main dealerships as well, renault, suzuki, BMW ect. I havent had a single problem with mine and I know al least six other people now have have used him on all sorts of vehicles.

This is the film he uses

http://www.johnsonwindowfilms.com/

give him a ring, go and have a look and make your own choice, There are not many people who do this round here. And I would avoid mobile units they have no way of keeping the area dust free and you will get speckles behind the film, it will look awful. Pentagon have a sealed environment, Kirby uses a industrial unit with a sealed bag thing suspended from the celing. and mobile people just cant do that.
Old 25 May 2004, 02:49 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yes mate got rid of the old Firestorm for a TSL 4" Gp.N with straight through center.
Bit less Max power lookin and a little quieter.
You pays your money is my answer on the tinting.
Make sure its legal too as I`m sure the fuzz are going to get ****ty soon as some of the cars I see are black!!!
Pentagon is my choice.

Last edited by ARRON BIRD; 25 May 2004 at 03:21 PM.
Old 25 May 2004, 03:22 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pbee
Aaron

yep it was me visiting your neighbours, we go back a few years used to live round the corner as well. have you changed your exhaust recently, looks a lot smaller than what I remembered last time your car was there.

Scratch

As for car2tint, i was a bit dubious as I hadnt known anybody use them before so i rung him up and he offered for me to go and have a look at a brand new m5 he was doing for murketts. Allthough he doesnt remove the glass what he actually does is remove the door card lower the window and fit the film whilst the glass is in the door, very clever and a lot less possible damage than removing the glass alltogether.

Oh and he charges less than half of what pentagon does, The quote from pentagon was £550 Kirby charged £220. The johnson window film he uses is top notch californian stuff, I think with pentagon you are paying a lot for the name.

He does work for main dealerships as well, renault, suzuki, BMW ect. I havent had a single problem with mine and I know al least six other people now have have used him on all sorts of vehicles.

This is the film he uses

http://www.johnsonwindowfilms.com/

give him a ring, go and have a look and make your own choice, There are not many people who do this round here. And I would avoid mobile units they have no way of keeping the area dust free and you will get speckles behind the film, it will look awful. Pentagon have a sealed environment, Kirby uses a industrial unit with a sealed bag thing suspended from the celing. and mobile people just cant do that.
Your clearly to tight mate!!!!!!!!
Whats that fandango exhaust on your car
Old 26 May 2004, 10:39 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

I wouldnt say tight, more careful with cash, I wouldnt pay over the odds for anything. for no reason . And in my view pentagon charge a lot for no real benefit at the end of the day, and to be honest there is a reason why the local BMW garage stopped sending cars to pentagon and changed to a outfit that doesnt remove the glass due to the amount of cars leaking afterwards as the rear window rubber had not been fitted correctly afterwards or had been cut !!!!. This was confirmed by Adrian the service manager at murketts. He did say this was largely due to the design of the rubber on the new bmw cars, but still this concerned me about removing the windows just to fit film.

The exhaust on my wrx is the scoobyworld ninja, I quite like it makes a nice subtle noise and howls like a banshee on wot. but the tail pipe design does look a little bizzare from the side. But most people dont see that bit.

Scratch if you want to look at the film on my car you are more than welcome too, and if Aaron has had his car done at pentagon you can compare the two for yourself I would be intrested to see if there is any difference as well.

(as long as you dont take the **** out of me zorst ).