Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Saxo's And Corsa's- I don't get it!

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2004, 09:52 AM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saxo's And Corsa's- I don't get it!

I live just outside Loughborough and just recently ther has been an EXPLOSION of trevved up saxo's and corsa's. Ok OK i know there have always been boys racers in hatchbacks but this is unreal!

Is there an offer on like buy one get one free on saxo VTR's or 1.0 corsas?

Or buy a disgustingly awfull bodykit fitted equally as badly and your mate gets one half price?

Or perhaps bad taste is being given out for free lately?

Im not having a big moan its just that I cant go anywhere without my Type R being deeply offended by kiddiewinkles in butt ugly cars.

Another thing- with all the money they have spent making them look plain stupid to make them look 'different' (even though they all seem to look the same), they could have bought a car worth driving! Ie a scooby! And insured it!

Ahem
Old 12 May 2004, 10:05 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But if every single person drove a Scooby it would be pretty boring
Old 12 May 2004, 10:18 AM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

True
Old 12 May 2004, 12:46 PM
celticpilgrim
Scooby Regular

Don't talk to me about Corsas!!

Driving down the A350 when I come up behing Chav, his mate and their 2 Chavettes in their Corsa. Not a problem, apart from the fact that they were all busy watching the in-car DVD player sprouting out of the dash. this made me think that perhaps I should put some distance between us at the soonest opportunity. After the next roundabout, on a long, clear stretch of road, I decided to overtake him. Bearing in mind it was daylight, but I had miy lights on anyway, I indicated in plenty of time, why, perhaps did he wait till I was level with his back axle, before he decided to pull out on me without indicating????WHAT A F***ING D***HEAD..I just nailed it so as I could get out of his way - Good Job I had the 1k service LAST saturday!!

Sadly I didn't get his reg plate, but what is it with these tw*ts?

Sorry about the rant, but if I hadn't've been in the Scoob, he could've wiped us both out, and I ain't planned on dyin' JUST yet - I've only had her 3 weeks!!
Old 12 May 2004, 12:57 PM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

The first car I had was a 1.1L 205, you have to start somewhere!
Old 12 May 2004, 12:59 PM
PPPMAT
Scooby Regular

I like these chav types - you have to start somewhere in the car world
Old 12 May 2004, 01:01 PM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

I have a moded 1.7 corsa D (group 4 numptie set the barrier on it) for going to work. He doesnt work here anymore. If it was the Scooby neither would I>
Old 12 May 2004, 01:03 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

I'd imagine owners of decent cars probably think the same of scoobs nowadays.
Old 12 May 2004, 01:04 PM
celticpilgrim
Scooby Regular

I'd say that none of us has anything against Corsas/Novas - as such - or even modding them etc. - I was a big custom car fan as a kid, and my 1st car was a Marina!! It's just that these cars tend (generalisation here, sorry) to be driven by kids with **** for brains and no common sense or indeed manners, which makes them stupid and dangerous.
Old 12 May 2004, 01:15 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

The evolution of the chavver-pleb:

Nova------>Saxo------>'93 WRX

Old 12 May 2004, 03:29 PM
richmilly
Scooby Regular

Hiya guys

Can we not right every saxo driver as a chav, i have just spent a lot of hard earned money on a saxo vtr, and although i admit there are some absolute shockers out there i am leaving mine as it is, the car itself is a very good car, ok the build qulaity may not be the best but then subarus are not exactly that well built inside either!

Anyway i like burning away from chavs in their 1.1's and beware the 1.4 furio is a 1.4 in vtr disguise so 1 badge change and u have a vtr!

So overall i know there are some right to**ers out there but just dont insult the whole saxo group in one go

Now lets carry on with the friendly banter!

Rich
Old 12 May 2004, 03:38 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by CraigH
I'd imagine owners of decent cars probably think the same of scoobs nowadays.
Most car drivers don't know what they are?!
Old 12 May 2004, 03:44 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

they could have bought a car worth driving! Ie a scooby! And insured it!
Or i could say that you should of bought an EVO or a skyline thats worth driving!
Or should i mention insurance on a scoob but im sure you already know that.

But thats not the point is it.

Each to their own and i do agree some people modify their cars to the point of overkill but take a real look at some of the best looking cars around, Skylines, scoobys or any other make and you will find that they have been modified with bodykits.
Just because the youth cannot afford these high power vehicles doesn't mean they cannot tastefully modify there cars into their own ideas and creation.
We all have to start somewhere.
Remember its a passion for cars that we all share, young or old.
Do some of us remember our youth? Or was it too far back when a morris minor was the car of the day..?

Here is a step back in time of modding in the old days:

Old 12 May 2004, 03:46 PM
celticpilgrim
Scooby Regular

As I said earlier, Rich, I've nothing against the cars, I had a diesel AX at one point but like with most things a few pillocks can give the many a bad reputation.

I'm sure it's the same for any make of car - even Scoobs!!
Old 12 May 2004, 03:47 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I think the Chav handle is mostly directed at drivers who behave in a certain way and modify their cars in a way so lacking of taste to be utter criminal.

Some Saxos with a few nice mods are fine and look really good. Its just when its all stuck on badly and looks the pits yet the boy still insists that he's at Imola when he pulls up along side you at the lights he may well be endowed with the "Chav" accolade.

However, its not just Saxos, 206s and Clios are being given this treatment and are being driven in such a way as to suggest A) They are a "Driving God" and B) They are an accident waiting to happen.

AND its not just the 1.1 etc that are guilty of having to race every single thing that moves. Clio Cups/Sports/172 tend to be surgically stuck to my bumper and when there isn't a Clio around its a 206GTI. The 206GTI is heading for a run in with me as although I'm not averse to speed, hurtling passed my house at 50mph when I'm getting my daughter into her car seat is just asking for a knuckle sandwich.
Old 12 May 2004, 04:01 PM
Clive the Brave
Scooby Regular

well well well, we all started with something like a corsa, or at least had the opportunity to stick square bits or plastic all around the car.
Nothing matches, everything looks like it's on the **** and there's something driving the car that looks like he's just been released from the local in-mates, car jackers reunion.

I had the opportunity of owning a Clio Williams 2, and yes there was changes made. BUT NO I was not a chaver and will never be one.Performance, suspension, wheels, some nice ICE.
But these twatish Chavers are showing themselves up for what they really are. Plonkers with NO style or class.
Spending £££££££££££££ on a car thats worth ££££, why not go for something that does the job to start with. Took me years for this to sink in for me, so I guess it's a time against age thing going on.

Anyway, keep the chavers out of my way with their slow **** cars, cheep gold and the image that comes from the local council estate.
Old 12 May 2004, 04:05 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Richard Askew

Nova------>Saxo------>'93 WRX

Hmm....so as I have a '94 WRX am I a chavver-pleb?

Bugger, thats where I have been going wrong
Old 12 May 2004, 04:26 PM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

Anyway, keep the chavers out of my way with their slow **** cars, cheep gold and the image that comes from the local council estate.[/QUOTE]

FPMSL!!!!!

I do like saxo etc, just not when tasteless modification are stuck all over them!
Old 12 May 2004, 04:27 PM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

[/QUOTE]

ROFL!

He should have gone to prison!
Old 12 May 2004, 04:48 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

StiX - I'm afraid so
Old 12 May 2004, 05:22 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

they are the nova or fiesta of today arent they ?

to be fair at least they are spending their money and time on something which is not 'really' causing havoc

The cars are cheap to run and cheap to insure, unlike these damn scoobs
Old 12 May 2004, 05:36 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke C
I live just outside Loughborough and just recently ther has been an EXPLOSION of trevved up saxo's and corsa's. Ok OK i know there have always been boys racers in hatchbacks but this is unreal!

Or buy a disgustingly awfull bodykit fitted equally as badly and your mate gets one half price?

Or perhaps bad taste is being given out for free lately?

Im not having a big moan its just that I cant go anywhere without my Type R being deeply offended by kiddiewinkles in butt ugly cars.

Another thing- with all the money they have spent making them look plain stupid to make them look 'different' (even though they all seem to look the same), they could have bought a car worth driving! Ie a scooby! And insured it!

Ahem
most scoobys look the same, are you trying to say that you havnet modded your scoob??

if so why did you bother when you could have bought sumthing better???
this is a gay thread
Old 12 May 2004, 06:10 PM
celticpilgrim
Scooby Regular

Stickymicky...

I hope you still think this if some knuckledragger in ANY sort of a car behaves in such a way to nearly wipe you off the road. It's a personal thing...for some reason I get slightly knarked when somebody does that to me!!
Old 12 May 2004, 06:15 PM
Ian_S
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Richard Askew

Corsa/Saxo------>'93 WRX------>CTR

fixed
Old 12 May 2004, 06:20 PM
Cider boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke C
I think there is a free insurance offer on Saxo's that has been running for a few years that is not age restrictive, therefore they all go along to the local dealer thinking great that £xxx saved ,so now I'll spend twice that on a set of oversized, overpriced wheels

Matt
Old 12 May 2004, 07:34 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

there is a VTR sat outside my place , no it's not mine , with all the beels and whistles on with two exhaust pipes , one either side of the car , ie not together like that would have been better , WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY !! as was said earlier he could have got a better car for the amount he spent on making his car look daft !
Old 12 May 2004, 08:01 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I certainly hope there are no Scooby Owners on here with Gold Wheels! Because, surprise, surprise, you are bunched in the SAME category as the Saxo/Nova/Corsa Boys by the general public!

These kids love their cars, and as long as they are legal I have no issue with them - we were all the same once! I even punched holes in my BackBox to make it sound racy ................ much the same as a scoobie owner buying a stupid looking drainpipe exhaust! get my point?

Pete
Old 12 May 2004, 08:06 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

There's a beauty in next months Fast Car (I print it, not buy it - honest). It's got 4x 5 inch tailpipes, 2 either side, and a 6 inch in the centre. All properly connected up.....

....to a 1.0 litre Saxo ROTFPMSL What damage is the zero backpressure doing

Mostly they're all very predictable. Pop-rivetted on wonky body kits, alloy stick on fuel flaps , badly kerbed alloys so big it looks like a Tonka toy, pimp tints invalidating insurance, number plate area badly smoothed over with marzipan and plate relocated somewhere awkward and out of place, blue washer jets , graphics for Japanese tuning companies (on French cars ) , Burberry, Stone Island, Rockport, McD'd car park every night, blah, blah, blah........

Never did any of it myself. Prefered to buy the best car I could afford, keep it looking tidy (clean and polished) and enjoy driving it on good roads, well away from citys and certainly McD's. I must have been a boring youth.

To illustrate my point, MADGRIP's new next door neighbour...

Last edited by corradoboy; 12 May 2004 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12 May 2004, 08:33 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
There's a beauty in next months Fast Car (I print it, not buy it - honest). It's got 4x 5 inch tailpipes, 2 either side, and a 6 inch in the centre. All properly connected up.....

....to a 1.0 litre Saxo ROTFPMSL What damage is the zero backpressure doing

Mostly they're all very predictable. Pop-rivetted on wonky body kits, alloy stick on fuel flaps , badly kerbed alloys so big it looks like a Tonka toy, pimp tints invalidating insurance, number plate area badly smoothed over with marzipan and plate relocated somewhere awkward and out of place, blue washer jets , graphics for Japanese tuning companies (on French cars ) , Burberry, Stone Island, Rockport, McD'd car park every night, blah, blah, blah........

Never did any of it myself. Prefered to buy the best car I could afford, keep it looking tidy (clean and polished) and enjoy driving it on good roads, well away from citys and certainly McD's. I must have been a boring youth.
Common sense at last.

Old 14 May 2004, 07:23 PM
LouBScooby
Scooby Newbie

I used to be a girl racer in a SAXO VTR,no mods..when I part-exed it...I said please don't sell her to some boy racer who wants to ruin her good looks. I expect the man at the garage thought I was bonkers!

It was a cracking car loads of fun..but I wanted a convertible(MX5). Yes I know hairdressers car and all that.....I do drive my hubby's Scooby aswell.

Quick Reply: Saxo's And Corsa's- I don't get it!