Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When will we get FQ340 rival...?

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2004, 12:16 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When will we get FQ340 rival...?

Ok lots of threads re the dark side... I was even considering but like my MY03 Sti too much... the WR dosn't really do it for me... an STi with the options list thrown at it... one colour, or and a few more BHP... LOTS more if you manage to get the car that they did the figures in

So now they have done the WR1 thing... this leaves me wondeing... what next... Are Subaru going to give us a new STI... are they going to keep with the STI PPP package they have now.... I personaly think they will change... although i think maybe end of the year time as not to pi$$ off the WR1 buyers too much...

Rubbing the crystall ball see's a STI PPP with DCCD and 330bhp... MMmmmm with a 5k service interval... and a slightly larger turbo...
What's the teams thoughts...?????????????? What do you think!!!

it seems to make commercial sense... can't see that many people jumping from a new STI ppp back into another just for the hell of it... I'm not... mines nearly a year old... there will be a steady flow of new owners to the STI PPP throng... but its the returning punters that make the majority... and with the 340MR there's now a considerable opposition... and choice from the mitsi camp... buy mid next year I'll be ready for a change and hopefully it will be a scoob that does the business...

Dazza

Last edited by Dazza's-STi; 10 May 2004 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10 May 2004, 12:23 PM
JGRIFF
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yes, it's called the "Type 25"
Old 10 May 2004, 12:26 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGRIFF
Yes, it's called the "Type 25"
no, wasn't considering an import... i mean a fully UK car with a dealer warranty... one that u can insure... and trust the dealer network...
Old 10 May 2004, 12:29 PM
P1_BEN
Scooby Regular

I think the question should be.... Will mitsibushi still be around in 12 months to provide any more competition to Subaru...?? Whats the latest on the current status of their bank accounts...?!?!
Old 10 May 2004, 12:32 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
and trust the dealer network...
and you're thinking of Mitsi ?? Have you seen some of the Punter vs. Dealer threads on MLR ??!
Old 10 May 2004, 12:52 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1_BEN
I think the question should be.... Will mitsibushi still be around in 12 months to provide any more competition to Subaru...?? Whats the latest on the current status of their bank accounts...?!?!
LOL... yep that could be quite interesting...
Old 10 May 2004, 06:34 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Yes I read somewhere that D.M had pulled out of funding Mitsubishi. One article said that the Chrysler Neon/Evo replacement now had a ? above it's head

Trending Topics

Old 10 May 2004, 08:29 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

mitsi's sales staff dont give a toss for some reason ?!!?!?

would you if you knew you'd be looking for a new job in 6 months
Old 10 May 2004, 08:42 PM
Silver Knight
Scooby Regular

NEW PRESIDENT & CEO OF MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION

A press conference was held last Friday in Japan to announce the new President and CEO of MMC. Mr Yoichiro Okazaki (formerly Managing Director at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) replaces Rolf Eckrodt and has committed publicly to do everything he can to get the company back on its feet. He stated:

“My first role at Mitsubishi Motors is to turn all of my energy toward revitalising the company as the leader of the Business Revitalisation Team. This team is composed mostly of Executives and General Managers from Mitsubishi Motors as well as a few members of other Mitsubishi Group Companies from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Mitsubishi Corporation and the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi. Altogether, there are about 40 people in the team.

The special team will not only create operational and financial plans for product development, production, domestic sales and overseas business but will also make an overall evaluation of our Alliance with Daimler Chrysler, and examine our organisational structure, chain of command, and communications. We will make new proposals based on the outcome of the study within May.”

GLOBAL BUSINESS REVITALISATION TEAM DETAILS

The three Mitsubishi companies who have formed the Business Revitalisation Team already have 26% of the shares in MMC: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (14.82%) Mitsubishi Corporation (5.21%) and The Banks of Tokyo Mitsubishi and Mitsubish Trust (6.18%).

These three members of the Mitsubishi family are highly profitable, global organisations. To illustrate this I would like you to know some key figures:.

Based on the stock market of April 30th, the combined market capitalisation of the three companies was £47 billion, almost twice the size of Daimler Chrysler.

Their combined profit for the financial year ending 2003 was £1.7 billion, nearly six times that of DC.
I understand that their results for FY2004 will be significantly better.

These are powerful companies who have an strong incentive to ensure the financial viability of MMC since they are not only shareholders but in many cases suppliers, lenders or customers.

JOINT PROJECTS WITH DAIMLER CHRYSLER

Daimler Chrysler stated on Friday that Mitsubishi remains an important strategic partner and they do not currently plan to sell their 37% share in MMC. All contractual product developments with Daimler Chrysler will continue, this includes the Colt & Smart Fourfour, C & D platforms (Lancer, Galant, Shogun Sport etc) and the joint engine factory which opened earlier this year.

MITSUBISHI MOTORS IS NOT BANKRUPT

Many media headlines have used the word ‘Bankruptcy’. There is no short-term cash flow problem nor is there a financial crisis. Further investment is needed for future (long-term) product development and that is what the Business Revitalisation Team are working on as part of their larger remit. Product launches continue completely as planned in the UK with the Grandis on 1st July and Colt on 1st September
Old 10 May 2004, 09:14 PM
nellie
Scooby Regular

well said Tony!!,whats the deal on a 7mth old FQ300 against a MR320?
Old 10 May 2004, 10:27 PM
Silver Knight
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by nellie
well said Tony!!,whats the deal on a 7mth old FQ300 against a MR320?
You've blown my disguise now!!!!!
and the answer to your question is quite painfull at the moment.
Give me a ring tomorrow on 01273 388808
Old 10 May 2004, 10:36 PM
JGRIFF
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Dazza,
I think you missed the point, nothing in the "T25" is too hard to replicate, and it's all Subaru parts (please don't quibble about the suspension)

From a commercial point of view, it would give Prodrive direct accesss to the US market with the 2.5 litre engine, and they can all go down rhe same production line (as they do now)

i wasn't thinking about "Imports", warrantry, or any of the other artificial commercial interest barriers.
Old 10 May 2004, 11:16 PM
nellie
Scooby Regular

sorry matey!!! but silver or black!! hehe,still the cheapest!! LOL(oh and the best)