Old 01 May 2004, 03:54 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR1 in Car Magazine

WR1 in Car Magazine

Seems to got a Good review

form the article
"It's said that second place simply means you're the first loser. In a WR1 you'll never have to wonder about the philosophy behind that premise, because you'll never be second."
Old 01 May 2004, 05:34 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jasoon
WR1 in Car Magazine

Seems to got a Good review

form the article
"It's said that second place simply means you're the first loser. In a WR1 you'll never have to wonder about the philosophy behind that premise, because you'll never be second."

I bought the magazine for that article, I thought it was pretty good. Plus I saw for the 1st time this afternoon in Melksham the real thing thing (The chap driving did wave). I quite like the colour, it is quite distinctive as soon as I saw it approach from quite a distance I knew exactly what it was.
Old 01 May 2004, 05:55 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

I quite liked the colour when i seen it at the Autosport show.

But i do think a World Rally 1 should be in the colour of the world rally car

Hows the new car going Catherine??

You let your other half drive it again??
Old 01 May 2004, 06:31 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes, it was good to see a positive and well deserved review

Tony
Old 01 May 2004, 09:02 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Hi Jason,

Cars going very well, just under 800 miles on the clock. Gabriel has put most of the miles on th clock so far on the motorway. No gremlins so far but we are just into our 3rd week and all we keep finding is damage.

Last Saturday we found that 1 of the rear windows is quite badly scratched - we think it is when the film was applied for the tints.

Today we found that drivers side door mirror has had something hit it and you can see 3 stone chips from about 3ft away and the side repeater indicator has a chunk missing from it.

Anyway the dealer will look at the glass next week when it goes for the 1K Service and I will get them to replace the indicator. Were unsure what to do about the wing mirror, obviously a touvh up would be the cheapest thing, but I don't want it looking a mess and I feel uneasy about getting Chipsaway in after only a few weeks.

Anyway, other than that we think it is a brilliant car and on first impressions we would have another.

PS How are getting on, any nearer to your new motor
Old 01 May 2004, 10:09 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about the wing mirror and rear window... is the wing mirror badly marked?
sopose stone chips will happen

believe me once there touched in know one will notice ,its only because you know where they are that you see them.

My car's sitting at the dealers waiting for the DVLA to transfer my cherished number
Had a look at it on Wednesday when I was at the dealers.
Old 01 May 2004, 10:20 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jasoon
Sorry to hear about the wing mirror and rear window... is the wing mirror badly marked?
sopose stone chips will happen

believe me once there touched in know one will notice ,its only because you know where they are that you see them.

My car's sitting at the dealers waiting for the DVLA to transfer my cherished number
Had a look at it on Wednesday when I was at the dealers.
Yes the mirror housing is quite bad, we reckon it must have been something quite sizeable that has hit it to have chipped it down to the plastic. I might try the tough up paint first and if it looks a mess I'll go for the Chipsaway option.

Are you going to post some piccies of the car when you get it?
Old 01 May 2004, 10:27 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

yep

put some pics up of the first one when i got it

have a look
www.performance-zone.co.uk
Old 01 May 2004, 10:27 PM
gnome
Scooby Regular

If you are in wiltshire where did you get it from, i ordered mine 2 months ago from Bristol and i was told as soon as he gets the first one in he would phone so i could see one, from what i gather 2 have gone out from this garage, my wife phoned on friday and they said they may have one this week. Well i am really fed up at the moment so i may cancel and by something eles which i test drove friday and it was awsome. I am from Trowbridge with a sti8 ppp.
Old 01 May 2004, 10:51 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Hi Gnome,

I am just outside of Melksham, we have an 04 SL Wagon, I just saw the WR1 today (unfortunately it is not ours). It's reg plate started with a W and so it has either come from Tiley's or Simpsons in Swindon. Our car came from TH White in Cirencester (Very nice people). If you have ordered a car and had been promised a call when the 1st one came in, you would have thought they would have done the decent thing.

What was the other car you tried??? It would be a shame if through poor dealer service you moved from Subaru to something else (I also have heard that at least 1 car has been delivered from that dealer). All I would say is the car looked worth the wait.

Last edited by Catherine; 01 May 2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01 May 2004, 11:46 PM
gnome
Scooby Regular

I tried a fq330, not my colour as it was yellow, they are going to find me a red or black one and sort me out some deliverey times for a fq mr 340, i think i would of brought the one i test drove if the colour would of been better. The 330 had quite an impact on me.
Old 02 May 2004, 08:23 AM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

I must admit i like EVO's only problem with them is there servicing intervals

i was at RallyArt early in the year when i asked about service intervals the guy i was talking to was telling me well they've been upped to ,think it was 5000 miles but we advise 4000 miles (my mates is every 3000)
Old 02 May 2004, 01:02 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Catherine
Hi Jason,

and the side repeater indicator has a chunk missing from it.
They are all like that, it's the design.
Have a look at the other one on the other side, they are handed so you may need to look at the underside.
Hope that makes sense.

Dipster

Last edited by davedipster; 02 May 2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02 May 2004, 02:58 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davedipster
They are all like that, it's the design.
Have a look at the other one on the other side, they are handed so you may need to look at the underside.
Hope that makes sense.

Dipster
Dipster,

Thanks for that, you learn something every day - at least I won't look a plonker when I take the car in for service next week. That just leaves me with the other bits to sort out, but at least I feel a bot better now.

Catherine
Old 02 May 2004, 03:04 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gnome
I tried a fq330, not my colour as it was yellow, they are going to find me a red or black one and sort me out some deliverey times for a fq mr 340, i think i would of brought the one i test drove if the colour would of been better. The 330 had quite an impact on me.
Gnome,

Millmead had a black Evo on Saturday when I passed their showroom. I think it may have been a FQ260 as it looked very bland. Aren't the service intervals and the fuel economy quite poor in comparison with the Scoob. I also thought there was quite a delay on deliveries of FQ's. I am sure I read 3 months, so surely your WR1 would arrive before then.

I'd go and get a copy of CAR magazine before you decide, the article is worth reading.

Last edited by Catherine; 02 May 2004 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02 May 2004, 03:04 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

It's an interesting article. A couple of interesting quotes from it:

'fast enough to force pretty much anything this side of a Caterham R500 to make a face-saving exit' and 'with the centre diff set to rear-bias it feels like an R-34 V-Spec Skline with real suspension - which is no mean compliment'.

However, the most telling quote is this :'Like many other high-powered rally reps, the end product - sheer gut wrenching speed - is the only point. There's a lack of finese about the whole thing; it punches distances into submission instead of flowing with them. There is no butterfly here. Float like a bumblebee, sting like an industrial steam hammer. It's all pace without grace.'

You pays your money...

Chris
Old 03 May 2004, 04:26 PM
gnome
Scooby Regular

The wr1 service intervals are every 5000 miles i believe, been to bristol to see about fq mr 340 today and what i can gather if i order with in the next week it will still be only june, subaru said i will be waiting till at least july. I think i am going to the other side after 3 scoobs, anybody want to buy sti8 ppp blue, 18in speedlines, mudflaps, 11,300 miles?
Old 03 May 2004, 05:46 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gnome
The wr1 service intervals are every 5000 miles i believe,
5000 miles? Gnome, where did you get this info? Can you confirm the service interval?
Old 03 May 2004, 05:56 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

Yes I believe it is 5000 miles. Any high performance turbpcharged car that gets used as such should really have the oil changed at least every 5k.
Old 03 May 2004, 06:27 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edcase
Yes I believe it is 5000 miles. Any high performance turbpcharged car that gets used as such should really have the oil changed at least every 5k.
Nothwithstanding that an oil change is not the same as a service interval....
The advantage of a Scoob over an Evo is the Scoob has lower servicing costs & doesn't need a service every couple of months.
Old 03 May 2004, 06:36 PM
WR1PB
Scooby Newbie

5000 miles or 6 months is what my dealer told me when I collected mine two weeks ago today, this is an oil and filter change and a few checks.
Old 03 May 2004, 07:07 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

Yes 5k is for oil only.
Old 03 May 2004, 07:27 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Edcase
Yes 5k is for oil only.
Ed,
and of course filter LOL

Cath,

Most peeps i know with a newage STi with PPP, voluntary change the Oil & Filter at 5K or 6months with the WR1 IIRC it's mandatory they also check C/diff Oil and a wise dicission for the amount of Strain placed on components IMHO

Tony