Q8 98 RON fuel

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2004, 07:55 AM
Johnny sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Q8 98 RON fuel

Hi all
In my city of Swindon!? i have found a Q8 petrol station claiming to sell 98 RON fuel at about the same price as optimax. I havent strayed from the joys of shell, but would this be a safe bet if it was the only station open/nearby to get some petrol or are the ingredients different?
Has anyone tried it? My knock linck is on order so wouldnt be able to tell.
Many thanks

Johnny
Old 26 April 2004, 08:55 AM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny sti
Hi all
In my city of Swindon!? i have found a Q8 petrol station claiming to sell 98 RON fuel at about the same price as optimax. I havent strayed from the joys of shell, but would this be a safe bet if it was the only station open/nearby to get some petrol or are the ingredients different?
Has anyone tried it? My knock linck is on order so wouldnt be able to tell.
Many thanks

Johnny
Johnny

What leads you to believe that it is 98 RON... is that what the pump stickers claim? If so, I'm sorry to say that they're almost certainly "old" stickers which have not yet been updated to show 97.

Here's an extract from Q8's reply to me when I asked for clarification earlier this year -

"...RON 97.0
MON 86.0

These are minima. There may be variation by supply point but all locations should meet these minima..."

Hope that helps.
Old 26 April 2004, 02:02 PM
Johnny sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tentenths
Johnny

What leads you to believe that it is 98 RON... is that what the pump stickers claim? If so, I'm sorry to say that they're almost certainly "old" stickers which have not yet been updated to show 97.

Here's an extract from Q8's reply to me when I asked for clarification earlier this year -

"...RON 97.0
MON 86.0

These are minima. There may be variation by supply point but all locations should meet these minima..."

Hope that helps.
Wouldnt be supprised!
But it does say it on the massive price sign on the side of the station. But like i said, im a optimax warrior and was just seeing if it was poss to use it in extremes of all the shells close to me being closed (Like last night!!) for the night and doing a massive tour to the other side of town to get the optimax juice!!

Johnny
Old 26 April 2004, 04:37 PM
Carl2
Scooby Regular

We've a Q8 station near me and it claims 98ron too. I've only put it in once and had no ill side effects from it.