Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which backbox is right for me??

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2004, 05:28 PM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which backbox is right for me??

Two quick questions for everyone.

This is probably asking a little much, but I thought I would ask for a few suggestions.
My Partner is a bit of a Mustang lover. One thing in particularly, she really likes the sound of the engine.
Now I don't want my car to be just loud for the sake of it. But I was wondering if there was a backbox out there that complemented the sound of the flat four nicely.... so that at idle or cruising the car has a rich, deep burble, but not too loud. Any suggestions? I would love to drop a GT500 7051 cc V8 into the car, but I'm sure Tescos motor insurance would have something to say about that

Second question: I have a 03WRX and don't want any warranty problems. Surely changing the backbox will not completely invalidate my warranty, and only the backbox will no longer be covered. Correct?
Old 25 April 2004, 05:53 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mplaczek
Two quick questions for everyone.

This is probably asking a little much, but I thought I would ask for a few suggestions.
My Partner is a bit of a Mustang lover. One thing in particularly, she really likes the sound of the engine.
Now I don't want my car to be just loud for the sake of it. But I was wondering if there was a backbox out there that complemented the sound of the flat four nicely.... so that at idle or cruising the car has a rich, deep burble, but not too loud. Any suggestions? I would love to drop a GT500 7051 cc V8 into the car, but I'm sure Tescos motor insurance would have something to say about that

Second question: I have a 03WRX and don't want any warranty problems. Surely changing the backbox will not completely invalidate my warranty, and only the backbox will no longer be covered. Correct?
i got a 03wrx changed mine to a afterburner vortex £300 great sound(scooby world), as the warranty go's the way i look at it is if anything go's wrong its not hard to put the org box back on, so they will never know. go for it mate
Old 25 April 2004, 06:01 PM
wrrjones
Scooby Regular

i would got for Hayward&scott they will make it as loud and quitet as you like ..£250+vat

www.ccsperformance.com
Old 25 April 2004, 07:25 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Dude,

I've fitted a Scoobyworld Ninja to mine and it sounds nice but at the same time not too loud.

If you want to see what it looks like fitted to a scoob check out the link... they are in there somewhere.

http://fastfrank-scooby.fotopic.net/

Hope this helps

Frank
Old 25 April 2004, 07:47 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD
Wink

try the blitz nur spec its propper Bo!!!!

regards

Jud
Old 25 April 2004, 08:27 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

If you are worried about warranty, fit a prodrive b/b.
Old 25 April 2004, 08:53 PM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

how much for a prodrive b/b? Did they come down in price with the other parts recently?
Old 25 April 2004, 10:23 PM
DaveR
Scooby Regular

...for all the purposes you have stated i can't recommend a TSL GrpN twin-pipe backbox enough. I had similar requirements when i was in the market for a BB - great burbly sound at idle and when driving, but nothing too raucous, too tinny, or simply too loud just for the sake of it.

The GrpN twin-pipe (64mm pipes) does all this while still retaining a fairly OE look - I would be willing to place money that most chompies at the dealerships wouldn't even think it was non-standard .....

just IMHO