ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WRX Deals

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2004, 10:49 AM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile WRX Deals

Any advice / pitfalls for getting a WRX on Contract Hire?(£372 pm) Or should I buy?

Any info would be great.
Old 21 April 2004, 01:04 PM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.

Guys- any views/thoughts on this??
Old 21 April 2004, 01:25 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Hi,

I was exploring this avenue when I was looking to buy my WRX. The only thing that put me off was the limited mileage per year they imposed. You could increase the allowance but this would effect the pm price. I suppose this also depends which company you go with.

The agencies also advertised for the period of 3 years (in my case) you would have no issues if there was a problems. Subaru offer three years warranty on most stuff so that cancels out the agencies offer.

The BIG advantage of the contract hire of course is if you are sick of your motor after the chosen period of time you can give it back with no worries.

At the last reason for buying your own > You can fiddle about with it cosmetically and mechanically (within reason) without fear of breaching the terms of your contract.

There are loads of other reasons.... I could go on forever.

Hope this helps

Frank
Old 21 April 2004, 01:57 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Just coming to the end of my 2 year contract. Although it has been very good and the cheapest way to own a new scoob, i won't be doing it again. If you are going to leave the car totally standard, or only fit easily removable upgrades (e.g. lights etc) that leave no trace then i think its a very good option if you want a new car every 2 or 3 years. But as soons you start fitting things that cost a fair bit to remove (e.g. springs) or are permanent mods then you either loose all the money you spent on mods or spend a shed load removing them, plus your hire company may not like you doing this.

Personally i don't regret doing it, but wouldn't do it on a scooby again, although i would consider doing it on a car that doesn't "make" you modify it!! .

If you do go this route, don't add extras to the car that you can easily add.remove yourself (morrettes, wheels etc) as all that the contract hire company does is divide the cost of the option by the amount of payments you make and add it to your monthly payment, so you end up paying full whack for the the option, but still have to give the car back with it on, and cannot therefore sell it on afterwards. I did this with a set of morretes, paid £600 for them and will have to give them back

Hope this helps