Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test drove a sport yesterday for missis, any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2004, 02:14 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test drove a sport yesterday for missis, any advice?

Hi there my other half does around 25K miles per year and currently opts out of her company car scheme and buys a car with the allowance. The 172 clio is now 2 years old and needs replaceing. We test drove an Impreza 2.0 sport wagon yesterday and quite liked it. Obvioulsy the power difference is massive but that doesnt really matter. The thing which we are worried about is mpg. The clio returns 37mpg on average and i was wondering what we could expect from the scoob???
The dealer said they are currently doing 3 years free servicing and also a deal on the price. The car comes in at £15,500 for the wagon and I reckon we could get it for £14,750 ish......

Are they a good buy???
Old 18 April 2004, 02:15 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't expect much in the way of mpg TBH
Old 18 April 2004, 02:25 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Hi there my other half does around 25K miles per year and currently opts out of her company car scheme and buys a car with the allowance. The 172 clio is now 2 years old and needs replaceing. We test drove an Impreza 2.0 sport wagon yesterday and quite liked it. Obvioulsy the power difference is massive but that doesnt really matter. The thing which we are worried about is mpg. The clio returns 37mpg on average and i was wondering what we could expect from the scoob???
The dealer said they are currently doing 3 years free servicing and also a deal on the price. The car comes in at £15,500 for the wagon and I reckon we could get it for £14,750 ish......

Are they a good buy???

We have just taken delivery of an 04 WRX Wagon (I am not sure how different this car will be to the one you looked at), but we have just filled up the car after a period of careful drving (It is still being run in) and according to my calculations it has done just over 26MPG on Optimax. I am sure someone will say if that is about right or indeed if better will be achieved after it has been run in properly.
Old 18 April 2004, 02:50 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

I guess that the 25K miles will be mainly motorway/long runs. I'm running a Legacy Estate with (I guess) the same 2.0 engine and doing similar mileage. My average is 31mpg (full mileage and fuel records kept as I'm in the same position of opting out of the company car scheme. Had the Legacy for 2 years).
Old 18 April 2004, 05:02 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

So not good MPG then ..... hmmmmm might have to go for the Audi A3 then. Loads more mpg me thinks
Old 18 April 2004, 05:07 PM
:Mike:
Scooby Regular

MPG on Sports definitely isn't great, but it is better than you get from the turbo, particularly if you're doing motorway mileage.
Could be worth you nipping over to ImprezaSport.net - we've got quite a few bug eye / new age Sport owners over there now who could tell you the kind of MPG they get. (mine's a phase 1 classic, which isn't really gonna help you).
Old 18 April 2004, 05:14 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

cheers mate but I think the mpg has put us off.....With that kind of mileage a year 35-40 is the minimum really ......

thanks anyway.