Sponsored by:

*******s nicked my car but blackjaks saved the day

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2004, 07:07 PM
scoobydave14
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy *******s nicked my car but blackjaks saved the day

hi all very very very very sad today as 230 this morning some *******s burnt a hole in my upvc window frame broke in and stole both sets of keys off the kitchin table went out without makin a sound with me the wife and kids upstairs and took the car out of the garage i was only alarmed when the police banged my door at 3 to say id been burgled and the found the car parked in the next street they had taken the underdash out to try and stop the blackjaks but they failed and some kind person foned the police the car isnt damaged at all apart from the dash underside obviously when the ****s panicked then the police said they gave chace to them in an astra but lost them the police have locked it in there compound as ive gotta get the locks an alarm ect sorted by the insurance on monday been busy all day fitting extra security on the house and glad in a way that we never heard them wot is the chances of the *******s tryin again my wifes in a rite state had all the locks changed any advise as we are very worried and do u think its professionals or kids they stole our mobiles and her purse with the keys cheers all
Old 17 April 2004, 07:15 PM
Turbo Dave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydave14
hi all very very very very sad today as 230 this morning some *******s burnt a hole in my upvc window frame broke in and stole both sets of keys off the kitchin table went out without makin a sound with me the wife and kids upstairs and took the car out of the garage i was only alarmed when the police banged my door at 3 to say id been burgled and the found the car parked in the next street they had taken the underdash out to try and stop the blackjaks but they failed and some kind person foned the police the car isnt damaged at all apart from the dash underside obviously when the ****s panicked then the police said they gave chace to them in an astra but lost them the police have locked it in there compound as ive gotta get the locks an alarm ect sorted by the insurance on monday been busy all day fitting extra security on the house and glad in a way that we never heard them wot is the chances of the *******s tryin again my wifes in a rite state had all the locks changed any advise as we are very worried and do u think its professionals or kids they stole our mobiles and her purse with the keys cheers all
Sorry to hear that mate
I recon by the sound of it they were probably teenage kids as they sped away in an Astra which is typicall of these little crappers.
If it was proffesionals the chances are they would of got further than the next street.
Old 17 April 2004, 08:59 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry to hear about that.
Old 17 April 2004, 09:00 PM
homer lawtey
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear you're all OK, and the car is safe. I would imagine they were professionals as they did such a quiet and well thought out plan to get your car.

It says a lot for leaving your car keys in reach of thieves, so that they don't have to bother you and your familly if they are determined to steal a car. Leaving the safety of the car down to your household and auto security is a much better option, as you have found out.

I'm glad the Blackjax worked, I was wondering if I could justify the hundred and odd it cost me for one.

Steve
Old 17 April 2004, 09:11 PM
:Mike:
Scooby Regular

How DOES a blackjax work?
Is there a separate transponder doobry that you have to carry separately?
Old 17 April 2004, 09:15 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by :Mike:

nope - you just need to enter a code to stop the car from shutting down automatically

dead simple - deadly affective
Old 17 April 2004, 09:20 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Did they pinch all your full stops and commas while they were at it?

Trending Topics

Old 17 April 2004, 09:22 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by :Mike:
PDF
Old 17 April 2004, 09:24 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about the attempted theft. I ALWAYS leave my keys downstairs, and let the **** load of security on the house & car do its job.

Glad the blackjax worked, Highly recommended.

Phil
Old 17 April 2004, 09:30 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Hurrah for Blackjax. Sorry for all the hassles involved though. If I may recommend this so you'll know if someones on your property.
Old 17 April 2004, 09:33 PM
:Mike:
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by S.B.
All becomes clear
Ta muchly
Old 17 April 2004, 10:22 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Do you have a house alarm?

If not I would get one fitted.
Old 17 April 2004, 10:27 PM
keevster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Hurrah for Blackjax. Sorry for all the hassles involved though. If I may recommend this so you'll know if someones on your property.

dont take any offence mate, i have one of these to. but what if the intruder, who has probably cased the place anyway, comes from behind the light sensor and quickly rips it off the wall??

anyway sorry to hear that mate about your theft, blackjax sounds like a good purchase,will be looking into it myself.

Paul
Old 17 April 2004, 10:43 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Those sort of units aren't much good. The correct site for the sensor(s) is rarely the best siting for the light. Also think about adding cctv, it's not expensive these days. You can even put a black box on one or more of the camera feeds to get an alarm if someone crosses a certain point.
Old 17 April 2004, 10:56 PM
DOG WAGON
Scooby Newbie

or go and buy your self a v large rottweiler like mine
Old 17 April 2004, 10:57 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Decent house alarm!

I never thought thought anything of it until i moved to this house. After having a house alarm where you can set the downsatairs zone 'active' while you sleep, i couldnt go back to not having one.
Old 18 April 2004, 11:12 AM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Red face

some *******s burnt a hole in my upvc window frame
Hey this is scary, how many of us have UPVC windows ? did they do this to open the lock ? this info could be useful to protect ourselves in the future as its the second time its been mentioned in Scooby thefts lately
Old 18 April 2004, 11:55 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Did they pinch all your full stops and commas while they were at it?
And the dictionary. Made for very hard reading IMHO.
Old 18 April 2004, 02:29 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Maybe he's using ShadowScoob's PC?
Old 18 April 2004, 04:28 PM
pum
Scooby Regular

Smile

Glad your all ok and thanks to black jax!
i had my spoiler ripped off my boot on bank holiday monday and thats with security lights and cctv , police got finger prints and took the video of the *****.
if they want it they will try and take it. we got broken in to when me and the wife and kids was in bed about a year ago so now we have a german shepheard!
getting a clifford 600 fitted next week so hope this will deter the scum!
Old 18 April 2004, 06:21 PM
scoobydave14
Scooby Regular

Default reply

thanks for any advise but dont think an english lesson is needed obviously u dont know wot its like or how it feels to get your house broke into u must try it someday
Old 18 April 2004, 08:46 PM
Martin WRX
Scooby Newbie

Default I never leave the keys down stairs..........

Sad as it is they`re in the bedroom with the Mrs & me. If anyone`s brave enough to try and take on the Mrs (never mind me) once shes awaken from her slumber deserves to have the car, with a full tank of Optimax.
Old 18 April 2004, 09:56 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I'm amazed that people with who can't find the full stop or comma key on a keyboard can actually afford to buy a Subaru!!

Glad to hear you got the car back OK.

UPVC Windows = cheap and nasty.... you get what you pay for! Aluminium is the way forward. (I design them hence the comment)
Old 19 April 2004, 12:39 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Arrow

thanks for any advise but dont think an english lesson is needed obviously u dont know wot its like or how it feels to get your house broke into u must try it someday

Must have read countless threads where people have left car keys in easily accessible places, and most of the time in full view to any potential thieves.

Leaving them on the *kitchin* table where they might have been in full view is not the wisest thing to do, and quite honestly, I'm very surprised that people do things like this, especially after all the press about such robberies.

Regarding the English lesson, yes you do need lessons. Failing that, use a spell check as it's very hard to understand what you're saying. Very few people can type faultless English (and I’m not one of them), but an understanding of the fundamentals isn't hard to grasp.

And the burglary, yes I've been burgled, and, no they didn't take the car keys or anything of value
Old 19 April 2004, 12:59 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

very sab m8...

But my advice is spend some the same $$$ on some home security as the Scoob...

if someone comes near my house there on film, if get within 20ft the yard lights up like floodlit rugby league, and if they make it through the tripple glazing, then lets say theyed be deaf and **** scared... as theirs 2 * 240 140db factory sirens going nuts... one outside on the roof and one inside protected in a vent... I tripped it once and **** myself and i knew what was comming...
The siren's are £80 each and go off 30seconds after the normal alarm and it has 4 Peizos @ 110db attached...

it don't cost much... and a bit of thinking and messing around to protect the mains source and bingo... well protected house...
Old 19 April 2004, 01:42 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Aluminium is the way forward. (I design them hence the comment)
If you want to give your house the old out of date window look then maybe
Old 19 April 2004, 02:24 PM
red wrex
Scooby Regular

I know how you feel mate its a sickenin feelin when someone breaks in your house,

and 2 months ago they tried to nick my scoob. It was obviously kids cos they f***ed up everything, door, ignition, stalks, wires, and finally got it going...

shortly to be cut out by 1 of 3 imobilisers.

Horay for TOAD
Old 21 April 2004, 09:45 AM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Scoobydave, how exactly did they burn through the UPVC and gain access ? If you could mail me offline that would be appreciated. I am liasing with our local force and any information that I can pass on would be great. Thanks - Dan