ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   *******s nicked my car but blackjaks saved the day (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/320039-s-nicked-my-car-but-blackjaks-saved-the-day.html)

scoobydave14 17 April 2004 07:07 PM

*******s nicked my car but blackjaks saved the day

hi all very very very very sad today as 230 this morning some *******s burnt a hole in my upvc window frame broke in and stole both sets of keys off the kitchin table went out without makin a sound with me the wife and kids upstairs and took the car out of the garage i was only alarmed when the police banged my door at 3 to say id been burgled and the found the car parked in the next street they had taken the underdash out to try and stop the blackjaks but they failed and some kind person foned the police the car isnt damaged at all apart from the dash underside obviously when the ****s panicked then the police said they gave chace to them in an astra but lost them the police have locked it in there compound as ive gotta get the locks an alarm ect sorted by the insurance on monday been busy all day fitting extra security on the house and glad in a way that we never heard them wot is the chances of the *******s tryin again my wifes in a rite state had all the locks changed any advise as we are very worried and do u think its professionals or kids they stole our mobiles and her purse with the keys cheers all

Turbo Dave 17 April 2004 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by scoobydave14
hi all very very very very sad today as 230 this morning some *******s burnt a hole in my upvc window frame broke in and stole both sets of keys off the kitchin table went out without makin a sound with me the wife and kids upstairs and took the car out of the garage i was only alarmed when the police banged my door at 3 to say id been burgled and the found the car parked in the next street they had taken the underdash out to try and stop the blackjaks but they failed and some kind person foned the police the car isnt damaged at all apart from the dash underside obviously when the ****s panicked then the police said they gave chace to them in an astra but lost them the police have locked it in there compound as ive gotta get the locks an alarm ect sorted by the insurance on monday been busy all day fitting extra security on the house and glad in a way that we never heard them wot is the chances of the *******s tryin again my wifes in a rite state had all the locks changed any advise as we are very worried and do u think its professionals or kids they stole our mobiles and her purse with the keys cheers all

Sorry to hear that mate :mad:
I recon by the sound of it they were probably teenage kids as they sped away in an Astra which is typicall of these little crappers.
If it was proffesionals the chances are they would of got further than the next street.

Bubba po 17 April 2004 08:59 PM

I'm sorry to hear about that.

homer lawtey 17 April 2004 09:00 PM

Glad to hear you're all OK, and the car is safe. I would imagine they were professionals as they did such a quiet and well thought out plan to get your car.

It says a lot for leaving your car keys in reach of thieves, so that they don't have to bother you and your familly if they are determined to steal a car. Leaving the safety of the car down to your household and auto security is a much better option, as you have found out.

I'm glad the Blackjax worked, I was wondering if I could justify the hundred and odd it cost me for one.

Steve

:Mike: 17 April 2004 09:11 PM

How DOES a blackjax work?
Is there a separate transponder doobry that you have to carry separately?

what would scooby do 17 April 2004 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by :Mike:

nope - you just need to enter a code to stop the car from shutting down automatically

dead simple - deadly affective :D

Bubba po 17 April 2004 09:20 PM

Did they pinch all your full stops and commas while they were at it? ;)

S.B. 17 April 2004 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by :Mike:

PDF :)

MadGrip 17 April 2004 09:24 PM

sorry to hear about the attempted theft. I ALWAYS leave my keys downstairs, and let the sh!t load of security on the house & car do its job.:)

Glad the blackjax worked, Highly recommended.

Phil

corradoboy 17 April 2004 09:30 PM

Hurrah for Blackjax. Sorry for all the hassles involved though. If I may recommend this so you'll know if someones on your property.

:Mike: 17 April 2004 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by S.B.
PDF :)

All becomes clear :)
Ta muchly

billythekid 17 April 2004 10:22 PM

Do you have a house alarm?

If not I would get one fitted.

keevster 17 April 2004 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Hurrah for Blackjax. Sorry for all the hassles involved though. If I may recommend this so you'll know if someones on your property.

dont take any offence mate, i have one of these to. but what if the intruder, who has probably cased the place anyway, comes from behind the light sensor and quickly rips it off the wall??

anyway sorry to hear that mate about your theft, blackjax sounds like a good purchase,will be looking into it myself.

Paul

Nick 17 April 2004 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy

Those sort of units aren't much good. The correct site for the sensor(s) is rarely the best siting for the light. Also think about adding cctv, it's not expensive these days. You can even put a black box on one or more of the camera feeds to get an alarm if someone crosses a certain point.

DOG WAGON 17 April 2004 10:56 PM

or go and buy your self a v large rottweiler like mine

RichiW 17 April 2004 10:57 PM

Decent house alarm!

I never thought thought anything of it until i moved to this house. After having a house alarm where you can set the downsatairs zone 'active' while you sleep, i couldnt go back to not having one.

DanTheMan 18 April 2004 11:12 AM

some *******s burnt a hole in my upvc window frame

Hey this is scary, how many of us have UPVC windows ? did they do this to open the lock ? this info could be useful to protect ourselves in the future as its the second time its been mentioned in Scooby thefts lately :(

scoobynutta555 18 April 2004 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Did they pinch all your full stops and commas while they were at it? ;)

And the dictionary. ;) Made for very hard reading IMHO.

greasemonkey 18 April 2004 02:29 PM

Maybe he's using ShadowScoob's PC? :confused: ;)

pum 18 April 2004 04:28 PM

Glad your all ok and thanks to black jax!
i had my spoiler ripped off my boot on bank holiday monday and thats with security lights and cctv , police got finger prints and took the video of the twats.
if they want it they will try and take it. we got broken in to when me and the wife and kids was in bed about a year ago so now we have a german shepheard!
getting a clifford 600 fitted next week so hope this will deter the scum!

scoobydave14 18 April 2004 06:21 PM

thanks for any advise but dont think an english lesson is needed obviously u dont know wot its like or how it feels to get your house broke into u must try it someday

Martin WRX 18 April 2004 08:46 PM

I never leave the keys down stairs..........

Sad as it is they`re in the bedroom with the Mrs & me. If anyone`s brave enough to try and take on the Mrs (never mind me) once shes awaken from her slumber deserves to have the car, with a full tank of Optimax. :D

STi wanna Subaru 18 April 2004 09:56 PM

I'm amazed that people with who can't find the full stop or comma key on a keyboard can actually afford to buy a Subaru!! :rolleyes: ;) :p :D

Glad to hear you got the car back OK.

UPVC Windows = cheap and nasty.... you get what you pay for! Aluminium is the way forward. (I design them hence the comment)

scoobynutta555 19 April 2004 12:39 PM

thanks for any advise but dont think an english lesson is needed obviously u dont know wot its like or how it feels to get your house broke into u must try it someday

Must have read countless threads where people have left car keys in easily accessible places, and most of the time in full view to any potential thieves.

Leaving them on the *kitchin* table where they might have been in full view is not the wisest thing to do, and quite honestly, I'm very surprised that people do things like this, especially after all the press about such robberies.

Regarding the English lesson, yes you do need lessons. Failing that, use a spell check as it's very hard to understand what you're saying. Very few people can type faultless English (and I’m not one of them), but an understanding of the fundamentals isn't hard to grasp.

And the burglary, yes I've been burgled, and, no they didn't take the car keys or anything of value :)

Dazza's-STi 19 April 2004 12:59 PM

very sab m8...

But my advice is spend some the same $$$ on some home security as the Scoob...

if someone comes near my house there on film, if get within 20ft the yard lights up like floodlit rugby league, and if they make it through the tripple glazing, then lets say theyed be deaf and **** scared... as theirs 2 * 240 140db factory sirens going nuts... one outside on the roof and one inside protected in a vent... I tripped it once and **** myself and i knew what was comming...
The siren's are £80 each and go off 30seconds after the normal alarm and it has 4 Peizos @ 110db attached...

it don't cost much... and a bit of thinking and messing around to protect the mains source and bingo... well protected house...

S.B. 19 April 2004 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Aluminium is the way forward. (I design them hence the comment)

If you want to give your house the old out of date window look then maybe

red wrex 19 April 2004 02:24 PM

I know how you feel mate its a sickenin feelin when someone breaks in your house,

and 2 months ago they tried to nick my scoob. It was obviously kids cos they f***ed up everything, door, ignition, stalks, wires, and finally got it going...

shortly to be cut out by 1 of 3 imobilisers.

Horay for TOAD

DanTheMan 21 April 2004 09:45 AM

Scoobydave, how exactly did they burn through the UPVC and gain access ? If you could mail me offline that would be appreciated. I am liasing with our local force and any information that I can pass on would be great. Thanks - Dan