Sponsored by:

Curvy French suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2004, 02:11 PM
Melina
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curvy French suggestions

I am imprezing my bloke with a scooby trip this afternoon. He himself is an evo-owner visiting from the UK. Can anyone recommend any ideal stretches of roads just outside Paris?

I have already looked round La Chevreuse but did not really find the right area with curves that you can judge in advance.
Old 09 April 2004, 02:15 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

How about the N16 or 17 to Chantilly- always found those a challenge getting closer to Chantilly early in the morning, but probably not possible to give it some stick when everyone else is around.

Paris and it's evirons aren't the best for a spirited drive in safety. You know it's only 5hrs to the Nurburgring from Paris? I used to do it all the time, plenty of good corners to try out there!
Old 09 April 2004, 02:20 PM
Melina
Scooby Regular

Thanks. I'ill try that trip you suggest. It seems the French have already left for holidays (today is not official holiday here) so I don't think there will be many people around.

I'll soon be living in Germany - in Wolfsburg to be exact, so will have plenty of opportunities for Nuernbuerg and the likes. Do you know anywhere around Wolfsburg? I heard Harz (or something like that) was supposed to be good. Incidentally when I move there I have an opportunity to drive an R32. Ever driven it?
Old 09 April 2004, 05:49 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

How about trying all the back roads around the somme - Arras Area. The Roads from Albert to Pozier is dead straight then if you turn left up towards Bapaume and try the backroads up there normally quiet unless u meet a tour coach with battlefield holiday makers on board. Think it would only be about 1hr and 30 mins from Paris. heading towards Calais