Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im in love (even after being "trashed" by a kango van ;)

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2004, 05:49 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im in love (even after being "trashed" by a kango van ;)

Hi peeps,

It sounds like a silly question but has anyone ever got goosebumps from the sheer thrill of driving a scooby. I did this morning, after my first scooby wave. I just had the biggest ever grin on my face.

I've also decided that there are two definate camps with regards to scoobies.

The first are the ones that gawp/just love it and then there are the gimps that will race you no matter what.

Last night (outside the police station no less) I was minding my own business and a Renault Kango pulled up in the right hand lane (right only) but it was kinda obvious what was gonna happen. I just let em get on with it. Don't know why though but it really got my goat so I gave it a little puppy power and I was literally a *** paper off his bumper just to prove a point (for about 3 seconds before backing off). Next thing is the finger out the window etc etc. OK I shouldn't have blasted it but why the f*ck does he bother. Does he really think he could win I could be arsed and stupid enough to race outside the police station ?

PS If any other scooby owners around Ellesmere Port fancy a meet up drop me a line
Old 28 March 2004, 05:54 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are gonna get flamed for the *** paper bit
Old 28 March 2004, 05:56 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stueyb
Hi peeps,

It sounds like a silly question but has anyone ever got goosebumps from the sheer thrill of driving a scooby. I did this morning, after my first scooby wave. I just had the biggest ever grin on my face.
No its only a car
Old 28 March 2004, 07:05 PM
zakesm
Scooby Regular

never ever race with someone that doesnt deserve one. it makes them feel worse because your sheer arrogance "im not gonna waste my fuel on you" really bites. unless you really like winning. in which case the kango van would have been quite a race.

zak
Old 28 March 2004, 07:13 PM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Stu,

dont worry what anyone on here says! if you enjoy your car then good for you. its what its all about at the end of the day. if not then what are we all doing on here!!?

fair play for not racing (straight away). it does tend to annoy people even more when you dont rise to it. like when you overtake a car and the tw*t starts flashing you as if you've just done something wrong!! i like to give them a gentle wave and a big grin in my rear view mirror as i dissapear into the distance.
Old 28 March 2004, 07:45 PM
Coulster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mate was driving my car last night,
on the way home through a 30mph limit a clapped out tranny van came flying round the bend at an estimate of about 50mph past us..
Reaction what a f4nny!
Progressed into a 60 where my mate passed him at no excessive speed and then continued at 60 for about 1 mile.
WTF here comes the tranny van again...
My mate played with him by doing 40-50 through the 60 in an attempt to slow him down a bit and there was no way he would have passed us due to bendy road with blind summits.
Anyway came into 30 again and guess what heres this idiot up our rear end looking to overtake which he couldnt due to parked cars.
Now back into a straight 60 limit and youve guessed it he pulls out.....wtf?
My mate just held him out for about half a mile at the side of us...he had his misses in the van and she was pissing herslef laughing....oh how i wish the police would have caught him when he finally passed us through the next 30 limit.

Moral of the story people should know there place!

A mean does somone in a tranny van think he could pass an impreza?
Suppose though I can hear the story he will be telling his mates.......flew past
this impreza on the way home.....smoked it!

Oh enjoy the car mate.........**** what the self righteous on here think.
As above....If it aint special to them.......why come on here?

I personaly love my impreza as do the majority of people on here.
Old 28 March 2004, 07:58 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

I was having a quiet drive home yesterday afternoon when i heard serious revving, looked in my rear view expecting a chav and low and behold it was a bloke in a new M3 beemer trying it on I was in a 30mph zone, what did he think i was going to do, boot it?? I just sat at 30 and he got bored and sodded off, if it had been a quieter road i may have pressed the fun button and given him something to remember me by
Old 29 March 2004, 01:28 AM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

you can't beat sticking to the 30mph speed imit when you have boy racers behind you, it reay does pee them off!
Old 29 March 2004, 01:55 AM
Road Rager
Scooby Regular

weird init, driving a fast car slow is actually quite fun.

Mind you, driving it fast is a buzz too, lol
Old 29 March 2004, 06:01 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

You do see some wallies about even in Scoobies, racing on the public roads is illegal and dangerous, you see it often in built up areas. Those doing it in Subarus get all of us a bad boy racer image.
If you want to go racing do it on a track, theres no kids, pets, pedestrians, vehicles coming the other way, cyclists, road works, etc etc.
If you want drive quickly, do it on your own, and do it on derestricted roads and do it sensibly.
Sorry for the old moan ............ have seen the results of a few 'races!"

Not suggesting that Stueyb was racing this t*sser in the kangoo .........
Best to just let them go ............

Last edited by r32; 29 March 2004 at 06:15 AM.