Sponsored by:

sad and depressed

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2004, 11:35 PM
hotice73
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sad and depressed

hi im new to scooby net and need help. i had my wrx import for nearly year now but other night when going round bend at 60 a poxy fox ran out and i swevre to miss it and back end went out tried to recover but hit bank spun and hit back then rolled twice then sodding thing went up in flames, so have now lost my baby and having to claim on insurance and need to find cars of same age ish and that so can send to insurance so i can get best price.
i had wrx import,electric everything bailes dump valve, 10 dics sony sub amp standard alloys etc mint condition inside and out and was K reg can anyone give me price i should accept, many thanks if anyone can help me
Old 28 March 2004, 12:58 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

mate you should have just twatted the fox

simmiler thing happend to me and i thought (very quickly) "swerve and write off or **** it"

i twatted it and caused about £500 worth of damage to my vectra lol
Old 28 March 2004, 01:30 PM
Pockman
Scooby Regular

Until you've hit a fat labrador head on, doing 60mph don't know what the word 'bang' (or oh!!what the f**k...) means.
Old 28 March 2004, 02:03 PM
MR Fusion
Scooby Regular

I totally sympathise with you. Last year, I managed to spin my MR2 Turbo - did a 360...caught it...back went out again...and ended up doing a further 180 before leaving the road and flying backwards into a large sign. My own damn fault for driving 'spiritedly' one night.

Totally trashed the car. The insurance company wanted to write it off, but I practically begged them not to (I was desperately in love with the car!). One HUGE bill.

The upshot of all this is that I'm now paying utterly shed-loads for insurance (over £1500 at the age of 30), and probably will be for the next few years until my claim 'disappears'.

Looking back, I should have just stripped all the goodies off the car and then taken the remainder of the car to a scrapyard. Then bought a replacement car and bolted everything on to that one. Sounds crazy, but £ for £, it would have worked out cheaper.

Check www.autotrader.co.uk to compare your Scoob with others for sale, but decide if it's worth involving the insurance company.
Old 28 March 2004, 02:23 PM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

About £4.5 to 5 k i should imagine mate