Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dark Evo's Lighting group buy - anyone got their goods yet ?

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2004, 09:30 AM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dark Evo's Lighting group buy - anyone got their goods yet ?

Apologise in advance if Dark Evo has already posted the lights on in the meantime, but.....

Originally Posted by Dark Evo
Goods should be received by you 3-5 days after funds are received
I paid direct by bank transfer nearly 2 weeks ago. Has anyone else received anything yet, I'm a bit concerned after reading Sti555's thread
Old 22 March 2004, 09:40 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
Thumbs down

Has anyone got anything from Dark Evo?

I wasn't in the group buy, I "supposedly" bought a pair of crystal indicators, and after reading STI555 (?) thread too I'm concerned too.

Would Webmaster involvement solve anything?
Old 22 March 2004, 10:36 AM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Am waiting on a few things from Scoty.
I paid for the PIAA lights too...still heard nothing even after txts and PM's.

Johnny
Old 22 March 2004, 11:06 AM
little_idiot
Scooby Regular

Last I heard from him was email saying thanks and all monies received from the buy. before that it was the beginning of last week saying that the order had been placed and the lights should arrive at the end of the week, he would then dispatch them to everyone.

On that basis, he is still within his time scale. I don't know him personaly and aren't biased in any way, just trying to keep a little faith

James

just to add, from what i was told, the order was placed last monday, the 15th which is the same day my cheque went in the post

Last edited by little_idiot; 22 March 2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 22 March 2004, 11:12 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

last word I got was on the 11th (not the group buy BTW) that my bits would be posted "tomorrow". nowt yet.

Would like to think I'm going to get my order, but after the threads this morning I'm not holding out much hope. Feeling rather annoyed now, my order was for £55 but I'm sure there's others with more at stake.
Old 22 March 2004, 11:32 AM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

As i've said in the other threads.

I've never had a bad experiance with Scoty before.
I just wouldn't mind an email or a call, just to confirm what is happening, thats all.
Old 22 March 2004, 11:36 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

I feel a bit better now Johnny50

Would still like to hear something also - like the postman for instance...
Old 22 March 2004, 11:55 AM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

just in the last 5 mins received this from scot

Originally Posted by dark evo
Chris, I'm just waiting on them being delivered, I will let you and the rest of the guy's in the group buy know the second they arrive

Cheers

Evo
i have replied asking him to post a thread to let everyone know whre we stand and keep us updated

chris
Old 22 March 2004, 12:03 PM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Same here...
Thanks for the update Scoty.
Old 22 March 2004, 12:18 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys

If this is not resolved quickly, and people are not informed, could you please let me know.

This is one of the reasons we wanted a little more control over group buys.

All the best

Simon
Old 22 March 2004, 12:22 PM
little_idiot
Scooby Regular

Cheers Simon, and thanks for looking out for us!

I hope the decission with the group buy procedure goes well as i noticed that you closed the thread regarding the group buys and their future

James
Old 22 March 2004, 12:42 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank James, and you're welcome. We all need to stick together with this kind of thing.

All the best

Simon
Old 22 March 2004, 01:07 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

simon

thanks for replying

i didnt post this thread to be nasty or shame dark evo, but it seems his lack of communication in this matter is upsetting a few people.

I was initially informed in his original thread that delivery would be 3-5 days after payment. i paid him direct to his account nearly 2 weeks ago so i dont expect to chase him for my goods, let alone any updates. I havn't lost faith, honestly im a very patient guy, as long as i'm kept informed.

This highlghts the problems we are having with group buys and i totally agree and support your latest actions (ie the group buy forum).

Keep up the good work simon/shaun, i'd be lost without scoobynet - and i'd have to spend more time with the wife lol. (only joking should she read this )

chris
Old 22 March 2004, 03:52 PM
Scoty
Scooby Regular

Thanks for pointing me to this thread Johnny as no one else did so I was unaware of it.

I'd appreciate if you would not try and use this as some sort of example Simon, I have been keeping in touch regularly with everyone in the group buy.
If the original thread hadn't been closed then it would have been much easier for people just to reply on there, but I feel that becuase the thread was closed, the guy's in the group buy dont have a central location anymore to ask any questions or keep in touch so their sending PM's and e-mails instead, which takes the security of Scoobynet away if you understand what I am saying?

The only person who is overly worried here is yourself Chris, sti555's rear lights are going today if he reply's in time to confirm his address.
The reasons he has not received the lights is a totally different matter than the reason no-one has received any lights from the group buy yet, and that is becuase they havent arrived yet, as I have already said, I will let you know when they do.

The last e-mail I sent to you all with regards to the lighting group buy was on the 18/3/04 which is only last Thursday!!

Please chill out a bit guy's
Old 22 March 2004, 03:54 PM
Dont take the mic
Scooby Regular

sorry guys but people who use multiple user names and are the same person flags up a warning in my mind and stirs up questions as to why they have to do this. What are they hiding?

Pity we can't get some form of feedback rating like you can get on ebay with regard to all this so people can make informed decisions if they want to deal with them in the future.
Old 22 March 2004, 03:55 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

I'm really pi$$ed off, I bought these lights in the for sale section. over 3 weeks ago... first week was 'be in touch with a tracking number shortly' etc....

Now have no lights, lost £200, scott has just pm'd my saying he is just sending them, heard it all before.. have spent the last week wanting a refund as car is in the bodyshop, scott knew I needed the lights by then, If he had just been honest & said it's gonna take a month etc, I could of worked round it....

I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK, lost all faith, loads of people have emailed/pm me about this so I know i'm not the only one

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Tim
Old 22 March 2004, 04:08 PM
Scoty
Scooby Regular

sorry guys but people who use multiple user names and are the same person flags up a warning in my mind and stirs up questions as to why they have to do this. What are they hiding?

Pity we can't get some form of feedback rating like you can get on ebay with regard to all this so people can make informed decisions if they want to deal with them in the future.
You are not helping these people, only worrying them even more.
There is nothing to hide here, why would there be, if you feel you've got a case then look back through all my posts if you have the time, I can asure you you wont find anything sinister
I've been posting on here for years, only newbies might not know me.

Some people need to learn to have more patience, 3 weeks is nothing to wait on a part, as long as the comunication is there then there is nothing to worry about apart from not getting some shiney new parts fitted a bit quicker!!
Old 22 March 2004, 04:12 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoty

The only person who is overly worried here is yourself Chris, sti555's rear lights are going today if he reply's in time to confirm his address.
The reasons he has not received the lights is a totally different matter than the reason no-one has received any lights from the group buy yet, and that is becuase they havent arrived yet, :

If I understand the above, then why are your selling lights that are not in your possession/been removed from your car??

Bear in mind I had paid for these lights well before the group buy thread had gone up

btw, Chris is'n the only person who is 'overly worried'..
Old 22 March 2004, 04:13 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Some people need to learn to have more patience, 3 weeks is nothing to wait on a part, as long as the comunication is there then there is nothing to worry about apart from not getting some shiney new parts fitted a bit quicker!!

Exactly... No communication or honesty...

You pm me over 2 weeks ago telling me they had already been posted & would be in touch with a tracking number
Old 22 March 2004, 04:19 PM
Dont take the mic
Scooby Regular

I've been posting on here for years
You may well have been but would you not have greater credibility if you kept to the one user name, so everyone knew who you were or did you have a bad response on one occasion so changed names to fool others in to thinking it was someone else?

Who knows apart from you, but to all with regards group buys, caveat emptor

Last edited by Dont take the mic; 22 March 2004 at 04:24 PM.
Old 22 March 2004, 04:22 PM
little_idiot
Scooby Regular

As it is, Scoty has so far not given me any cause for concern and I've had a fair bit of email communication with him and he has always replied (almost instantly, he must be at his PC 24/7 )

The problem that STI555 is a different matter at present to the group buy and is between Scoty and STI555

My mind was set at ease by several members of the community about Scoty when the group buy started, and all the people who commented vouched for him. I am still looking to have faith in the community here on SN and as far as I am concerned, Scoty is still working within his promised time scale, I mean, the lights were ordered from the states on Monday, they arent' going to arrive amazingly quickly

Just my thoughts and so far I'm holding my faith in the community

Cheers
James
Old 22 March 2004, 04:23 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Last edited by sti555; 22 March 2004 at 04:28 PM. Reason: looked abit arsey
Old 22 March 2004, 05:47 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

isnt this the same bloke who there was a thread about a month or so ago?
Old 22 March 2004, 06:26 PM
Scoty
Scooby Regular

isnt this the same bloke who there was a thread about a month or so ago?
You are not helping here either, there wasn't a thread about "me" a month ago, there was a thread where another memeber was asking when his brakes would be delivered.
He has since received them and he is very happy with them.

Dont take the mic, point taken mate, all of the members I know have at least more than one user name, so were all fooling each other!!

James, thanks for the vote of confidence mate, you have absolutely nothing to worry about!!
Just please be pateint guy's, if they dont arrive tomorrow, dont start putting more posts up getting angry and all the rest.
I wouldn't do this to to someone who had arranged a group buy so I dont expect it to be done to me.
Old 22 March 2004, 06:31 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

there wasn't a thread about "me" a month ago, there was a thread where another memeber was asking when his brakes would be delivered.

that means that it was a thread about you?

from memory i rember what was said in the thread and it was about nobody except yourself?
Old 22 March 2004, 07:03 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky

from memory i rember what was said in the thread and it was about nobody except yourself?

Old 22 March 2004, 07:11 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Hang in there guys, im sure you will get your bits soon.

Ive bought loads from scoty, he is a bad influence! lol. But i always get goodies.

I know this doesnt reflect this group buy as obviously some of you are pissed off, all im saying is Scoty will deliver

Scoty, dont forget my goodies
Old 22 March 2004, 07:28 PM
little_idiot
Scooby Regular

How about we all give scoty a chance, as I said before, he is still within his promised time frame for the group buy and there are people who have participated in his buys before and have no grief (same old story, you only ever hear about the bad)

STI555, I understand your point, and I wouldn't be too pleased either, but Scott may have a genuine reason. As it is though, this thread was started with redards to the group buy as it is close to delivery time and everyone, me included, is desperate to get rid of the nasty orange from their scoobs, but all you are acheiving is creating a great deal of unrest and have made your problem everyones.

I'm not trying to have a go, but the posts between you and scott aren't acheiving a thing and are just becoming malicious. Has their been explanation for the delay in posting your lights, have you managed to come to an amiacable agreement. The thing is, everyone is interested now as it has been made everyone's business. I hope this issue resolves quickly.

James
Old 22 March 2004, 07:59 PM
Dont take the mic
Scooby Regular

ROTFLMFAO.

How about we all give scoty a chance
Okay,fair comment.

Does this mean we give the same chance to Dark Evo, Windows.......lol.
Old 22 March 2004, 08:25 PM
Scoty
Scooby Regular

Thanks Money

You know I wont forget mate, my memory is fine

As already pionted out by James, the sale between me and sti555 is between himself and me, but as everyone knows about it now, and interested to know what the end result is/was, I have sent his lights today for a before 12 noon delivery.
Messiah I will be sending your indicators tomorrow, I have removed them from my car tonight and have them boxed up for sending tomorrow, thank you for your patience too!!

LMFAO @ dont take the mic

Only one person I know uses 3 cheeziez!!!

from memory i remember what was said in the thread and it was about nobody except yourself?
Was that the thread were Tainton though he had been ripped off, and Pitzi posted on Taintons thread to say he had been waiting a while for his brakes?
Both now have their parts and are very happy with them.
Have a look in members gallery under "My First Mods Courtesy Of Scoty & TSL
" for picks Tainton posted
Pitzi got his brakes and is somewhere in South Africa just now bedding them in

If it wasnt that thread please post up a link as I havent seen it and would like a chance to reply!!

Quick Reply: Dark Evo's Lighting group buy - anyone got their goods yet ?