How To Derestrict My Subaru and speedo not working

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2004, 04:58 PM
Shadow Scoob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How To Derestrict My Subaru and speedo not working

Hi Lads,

I am New here and have just imported a Subaru Impreza WRX Version 2 and i have got it on the road but it is restricted and i want it derestricting what do i have to do to get it derestricted do ihave to remove some at or put some at in my car to bypass it could any 1 help and an other thing had a mate to put some white dials in for me which he has but none of the needles move why's that the petrol,temp,rev,and the speedo dont move if i rev my car the rev needle gose up but wont come back down the rest of the needles dont move at all could this be fixed or will i have to replace my speedo meter any help lads.
Old 21 March 2004, 05:07 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Fitting a ScoobyECU will derestrict it, give you a little power increase too and let you run on super unleaded or Optimax without booster

Cost will be around £100 including fitting etc. However, getting hold of them is not easy as they are in quite short supply.

Fitting white dials is a swine! It sounds like they have been reassembled wrongly (very easy to do!) and the plugs not put back in correctly.
Old 21 March 2004, 05:15 PM
Shadow Scoob
Scooby Newbie

is that the only way to derestrict your car i am sure there must be a better way and that dose not cost as much and about the white dials the conecters are conected right i have checked that but the needles are still not moving the are like really tight i dont kno why but i think its the way my friend has put them in thanks for the advice but i need alot more information could any 1 eles help please.
Old 21 March 2004, 05:25 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

I believe the speedo conversion gizmo (km/h to mph) can be used to derestrict. Not sure how much, but probably £40ish?

The £100 ScoobyECU is very good value IMHO... It doesn't just derestrict the car. There are other benefits - but I can see why you don't want to go down the slippery slope of modding the car yet.

There is a workshop manual downloadable from http://www.saxonfields.freeserve.co.uk/ Just follow the links to "Scooby page" and then to workshop manual. This should help with the clocks!
Old 21 March 2004, 06:06 PM
Johnny sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dnb
I believe the speedo conversion gizmo (km/h to mph) can be used to derestrict. Not sure how much, but probably £40ish?

The £100 ScoobyECU is very good value IMHO... It doesn't just derestrict the car. There are other benefits - but I can see why you don't want to go down the slippery slope of modding the car yet.

There is a workshop manual downloadable from http://www.saxonfields.freeserve.co.uk/ Just follow the links to "Scooby page" and then to workshop manual. This should help with the clocks!
Where do you get the scooby ecu from?
Old 21 March 2004, 06:09 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

just had my sti5 de-restricted at powerstation (based in cheltenham). It was already changed to MPH as it had been done before but the actual restrictor had a fault, so i got em to remove and replace the de-restrictor thingy for me.

All in was £165.

Otherwise Power Engineering in Uxbridge do it. However they messed up two of my bookings so i went to Powerstation instead, which incedentlay turned out to be a lot cheaper as well.
Old 21 March 2004, 08:46 PM
Shadow Scoob
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Lads but i still need help with my speedo meter as it is still not working? dont kno why?. any more help.