Sponsored by:

IM have bought Showells of Lye

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2004, 04:43 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM have bought Showells of Lye

Just a little piece that might interest some of you.

SUCCESSFUL DEALER BOUGHT BY INTERNATIONAL MOTORS LIMITED

A well-established and successful ‘Black Country’ dealership has been acquired for an undisclosed sum by car importer, International Motors Limited.

This strategic investment has been made to develop marketing methods to exploit business opportunities presented by the new Block Exemption regulations.

The official importer of Subaru, Isuzu and Daihatsu has acquired Showells (Garages) Ltd of Lye, Stourbridge which represents all three Japanese marques.

The highly respected management team at Showells – brothers Brian, Mark and David – will continue to run the dealership’s existing operations. No IM staff will be installed at the Lye site.

The deal is the result of an approach by International Motors Limited which plans to fully utilise Showell’s conveniently located and extensive aftersales facilities, including servicing, for its company car fleet. Showells is International Motors’ nearest dealer – being only six miles away from its West Bromwich headquarters.

The acquisition of the dealership is primarily an element in the company’s long term strategy to develop new retailing methods and operating standards to optimise the benefits of Block Exemption.

Bob Edmiston, Chairman and Chief Executive of IM Group, said: "Our entire Subaru, Isuzu and Daihatsu dealer networks should benefit from this move.

"However, Showells will not enjoy any competitive advantage over other dealerships and will succeed or otherwise on its own merits. The Showell brothers are highly respected in the local community and enjoy strong customer loyalty. We very much look forward to working with them."

Showells (Garages) Ltd was originally founded by the father and uncle of the current management.

The dealership underwent extensive redevelopment two years ago and is conveniently placed close to the M5 motorway and Merry Hill Shopping Centre. There are currently no plans for further acquisitions.
Old 18 March 2004, 05:23 PM
Rewolf
Scooby Regular

They are nice dealers - best car dealership that I have been to ever, and very flexible about test drives. While I got a full day with a WRX, my wife needed something good for long distances with a 4x4 ability for her new company car. She had a 3 day test drive, and put about 400 miles on a forrester, including grounding it 3 times while trying it off-road at a customer site (capped off landfill: lots of loose top-soil). The car had to pressure washed to get the mud off the roof before they would allow her back onto the public road. Took the car back the next day to Showells, and appologised about the dirt (like grass still cought up in the suspension), and they said "No problem, glad you had a chance to try it off-road; good isn't it". Needless to say when compaired to the attitude of Nissan, Toyota et al with the "we can spare 10 minutes, but we have to come along" line there was no choice.

Just got a phone call from them this morning about my new WRX due for delivery in 2 weeks - the car is in
Old 18 March 2004, 06:32 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

I didnt buy MY03 from there but I take it there for servicing and warrenty work and they have always been very good for me too!
Old 18 March 2004, 09:27 PM
pnbond007
Scooby Regular

Does this mean they are willing to work on an Import now ???