Sponsored by:

help with lrc-100 laser jammer

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2004, 02:51 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with lrc-100 laser jammer

I fitted my lrc-100 laser jammer this morning, pretty easy to fit, easier than i thought, it starts up and beeps twice as per the manual.

I cannot get it to respond to any remote contols at all as per the self test instructions, I have tried 9 different remotes at varying distances,

anyone else had this problem, should it work with any remote control ?. Im abit concerned it isnt working and i cannot trust it at the moment.

anyone not been able to get the unit to repond to remotes but been through a trap and had the unit respond ??.

wondering if i have a faulty unit.

cheers

pbee
Old 13 March 2004, 04:56 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Id be interested if the price was right, for side crystal indicators. Classic shape.
Old 13 March 2004, 05:14 PM
big500
Scooby Regular

The unit will be working , trust me It is set specifically to look for the laser at a frequency of 904nm , no remote control uses this frequency of led laser light. Go have a run past a radar van , but be prepared to crap yerself when it goes off for the first time. Remember it only jams the signal for about 5 secs so if it goes off while youre driving you have 5 secs to adjust your speed , then it resets. The lasers in the camera vans can lock on to your speed in 100ms ( a tenth of a second) unfortunately the sharper of us humans can only react at about 250ms.

Happy motorin

Steve
Old 13 March 2004, 05:14 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pbee
I fitted my lrc-100 laser jammer this morning, pretty easy to fit, easier than i thought, it starts up and beeps twice as per the manual.

I cannot get it to respond to any remote contols at all as per the self test instructions, I have tried 9 different remotes at varying distances,

anyone else had this problem, should it work with any remote control ?. Im abit concerned it isnt working and i cannot trust it at the moment.

anyone not been able to get the unit to repond to remotes but been through a trap and had the unit respond ??.

wondering if i have a faulty unit.

cheers

pbee
where did you ever get your instructions from???in my LRC 100 owners manual,in the troubleshooting section it says : can i test the LRC? the LRC has been calibrated to react to the specific frequency by the police laser speed trap gun.the only way to test an LRC is with a speed trap laser gun.Comtec can do this for you at their office free of charge.

BM
Old 13 March 2004, 09:28 PM
msp1
Scooby Regular

Talking

So glad I found this post, wired mine up this afternoon to make sure it was working before doing a full install. Beeped and flashed twice but I could not get it to go off with my remotes. The manual downloadable from the internet says it can be tested with most IR remotes.

Maybe it's dependent on brand. For the record I tried 4 Sony and 1 Mitsibushi. Bit relectant to go hunting vans.

Mike
Old 14 March 2004, 12:10 AM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

Installed mine about 2 months ago, since the install ive never come accross a van !!!

Before i installed it i was being zapped once a week !!

crazy world.
Old 14 March 2004, 09:25 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

right off to find a camera van, fortunatly cambs police tell you where they are each day :-).

mine didnt come with a manual so i donwloaded one from the web, maybe its for an old version.

thanks for the replies

peter