Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you know what I like about scoobynet the most....

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2004, 05:15 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you know what I like about scoobynet the most....

....is the fact it isn't run by monkeys like half the other car forums out there. It just seems that scoobynet is a cut above the rest in so many ways. I recall on saxosportsclub where they went through a phase of banning about 10 peeps a day and the main forum was never moderated - unless a mod was directly p!ssed off of course

Then there is the clio discussion forum They run a very interesting 'driving tales' (i.e. races) forum which is brilliant to get an idea of other peoples experiences and for some healthy debate but they went and spat the dummy big time by closing it to everything but Clio V's XXX debates. They tollerate their own kind going on major rants about how great their car is but as soon as a scooby/evo/gti-r owner pipes up suggesting the parhaps scoobys aren't THAT slow afterall the thread gets locked! Threads get deleted ***** nilly and moderation on most of these other forums seems to be determined by the mood of an individual moderator.

For all the moaning we do about SN its the best run site by a mile IMHO.
Old 01 March 2004, 05:17 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

True
Old 01 March 2004, 05:20 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I agree that SN is well run, but we do our fair share of flaming if a non Scooby owner comes on saying how good their car is. Guess you get a few of that kind wherever though
Old 01 March 2004, 05:31 PM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OllyK
I agree that SN is well run, but we do our fair share of flaming if a non Scooby owner comes on saying how good their car is. Guess you get a few of that kind wherever though
Olly,

this is true - i've seen it, but often depends on how that person applies his post. and maybe if a not so diplomatic Scooby owner slates his car 1st and he responds in kind. i have seen many a thread where Scooby owners are open minded, consructive and objective in their responses.

not eveyone can afford or even wants a Scooby, but i think most of us appreciate that and can appreciate the cars others drive and their reasons for driving them. i think for the most part, that is the way things work on this board and is the reason many people with other marques post pics and the like on here.

were are... VERY VERY nice people

Kev

ps.. Scoobynet has been priceless for me in terms of contacts, opinion, ideas, communication and information - long live SN
Old 01 March 2004, 05:34 PM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

One of the refreshing things i find about this forum is the general quality of contribution to most threads.

This forum seems populated by preety intelligent and reasonable folks. We seem to have a very low chav/pikey/retard quota on here unlike some of the other forums i've visited.
Old 01 March 2004, 05:36 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Talking

Scoobynet is invaluable for most of us - I am sure, like me, many of you have it as your homepage on Explorer?

Info, chat, contacts, advice etc - try finding this anywhere else.

The only other forum I have found to be similar is the Nissan Primera Owners Club but they now charge a subscription fee to use their forums - nice blokes there ttoo though - also the Toyota Owners Club.

Maybe it's something to do with Japanese cars - the owners have generally less hassle and a better ownership experience so know how good their cars are without having to endlessly prove it on a forum.

I also like the debate, although some like the "Oi - Coupe knockers" one has gone on too long.

Brian.
Old 01 March 2004, 05:49 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

this is true - i've seen it, but often depends on how that person applies his post
Its nearly always dependant on that. I've yet so see someone post up: 'Hi I had a wee tussle with a UK classic shaped scooby as was surprised to pull away a little. I drive a standard Fiat coupe 20Vt and I'm pretty sure he was trying' and get flamed. Its the, 'Scoobys suck, I dusted one in my coupe' peeps that get flamed.

"This forum seems populated by preety intelligent and reasonable folks"

Oh, the irony

And yes, scoobynet is my home page
Old 01 March 2004, 05:58 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Google is my home page
Scoobynet has it's very own desktop icon