Sponsored by:

What would you do?????

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2004, 03:08 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What would you do?????

I'm in a situation but not quite sure what to do next........... I've parted with £200 of my hard earned cash for a product off a fellow scooby netter and he aint delivering the goods!! This saga has been going on since the middle of January and with one thing and another it is still going on. I know we put our trust in people when we buy and sell stuff on here but this is the first time I have had ANY trouble at all. I wouldn't mind so much but it's not like it's £20 or anything it's £200!!!!! He said I would have the stuff by Monday morning of this week but still no show. What shall I do??

Steve.
Old 17 February 2004, 03:16 PM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its difficult without knowing all the details, in previous situations that i have seen on here, it has always paid to give them a bit of time, u never know whats going on in other peoples lives, £200 is a lot 2u but if they are having family difficulties your £200 is far from in there mind, is this person a regular or Noob?
Old 17 February 2004, 03:25 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Angry

Andy, this guy is a regular which is one of the things I look for when buying off scoobynet. I understand what you are saying but the cheque cleared on the 16/01/04 and I have been in contact with this guy on several occasions. I'm not an inconsiderate person and if this guy has genuine reasons then no problem but just over a month from the cheque clearing?? Takes the pi$$. IMHO of course

Cheers Andy,

Steve.
Old 17 February 2004, 03:39 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Name and shame him. Family reasons my ****, he managed to get to bank and cash the cheque, its not that far to post office from there.........
Old 17 February 2004, 04:32 PM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed, it does seem a long time since cashing it in, all i was trying to do is avoid making a complete **** off yourself, in case something had happened to him/her, name & shame, thats your choice, theres always plod?? your shout steve, at least if he is attempting to rip u off, the collective would be aware of him
Old 17 February 2004, 05:56 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Angry

Looks like a first post in the " Fight club " forum!!!

Steve.
Old 17 February 2004, 06:15 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

He's taking the mick. You have to name and shame him otherwise he will do it again and again and again. It might be me he rips off next.

You obviously have his address, give him a phone and tell him you'll send the boys round. That's what id do if i were in your situation.
Old 17 February 2004, 06:17 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Three 18 stone men with baseball bats and im sure you'll get your £200 back.
Old 17 February 2004, 07:16 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

few questions...

Is he a regular user (say 500+ posts) ?
What forums do you see him post in?

If it's just the For Sale section, it's yet another freeloader using SN as a free sales pitch. It's a pity we can't do VIP's anymore - it was very handy for finding things like this out.

Still, name and shame him!!

PS (my opinion) If he can't send the goods, he shouldn't have cashed the cheque, and if he was truely honest, he would offer to send you a cheque refunding the amount.

Last edited by ALi-B; 17 February 2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 17 February 2004, 07:48 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree with Ali-B
Old 17 February 2004, 07:58 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I've contacted him again today and given him an ultimatum that I get either my goods or a my cash back by the weekend which is surely more than acceptable on my behalf. I have his full name, address and mobile number but not what he calls himself on here anymore! I would have been able to find out by doing a simple search but it aint available on this new system!! I dont really want to name and shame at this stage as he may come good..............ummmmmmm........... he has one last chance to cough up or I'll get the ball rolling.

Steve.
Old 17 February 2004, 08:06 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Hi

With respect, you have a duty to name and shame on this,

My reasoning is simple, the idea of this site is to help each other out and engage in the odd technical banter.

This said ,we all support each other,if you dont disclose this person,we could all suffer the same consequences by dealing with someone who is not true to there word.

If he has given you a valid reason as to why the goods have not been sent,then cut a little more slack

If he claims he has sent it,then i would assume its registered post,or insured at £200.00 and i would ask for the traker number of the parcel.

Either way,good luck owl28
Old 17 February 2004, 08:08 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

oops, sorry didnt read last post, ho hum !
Old 17 February 2004, 08:44 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

I've found out what name he uses on here and his last post was on the 15/02/04. I have also found out that the cheque wasn't cashed until a week after the 16/01/04 as I first thought. But I still feel like I'm being fobbed off. I'm gonna give him this chance before I publically put his name up but if you want to e-mail me I'll pass it onto you If you share the same concerns as myself.

Steve.
Old 18 February 2004, 11:48 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Hey Owl

I think you should give us all a chance for god sake and name this person as We all deserve to be armed with information that might save us money and hassle. I am sure you would of prefered to have known about this person before you parted with your hard earned. Dont name and shame him in regards to your thoughts but about his delivery time. Least then we will all be aware of how long he takes to deliver.