ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Search facility

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2004, 07:32 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Search facility

Getting really frustrated with the new system, every single word i put into it, it just comes up with "Sorry no matches" try changing your words.

This new systemj is really becoming a pain in the **** now, could someone shed some light on this for me. I think it is wrong that we have to keep asking questions about this new system, when it was changed by scoobynet, they could at least tell us how to use it properly, they can't even be bothered to reply to emails sent to the webmaster

James.
Old 11 February 2004, 07:34 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

wheres search at then ? i cant see a clicky for it
Old 11 February 2004, 07:46 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scoobyfella

For goodness sake chill out.

Firstly, you should not have access to the search facility. Could you please tell me how you are accessing it?

If you look at the sticky thread at the top of the general forum, and the sticky thread at the top of the bugs and feature requests forum you'll see that we have indeed been trying as hard as we can to keep everyone informed, and to bring the facility online as soon as possible.

Perhaps you should try putting in a little effort yourself by actually reading the things we have taken the time to post for everyone's information, rather than demanding individual attention.

If you have sent an email asking about the search facility it will have been ignored due to the plethora of information regarding it already posted in these forums and made sticky so you don't have to hunt for them.

regards

Simon
Old 11 February 2004, 08:01 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Simon,

I haven't sent a email about the search facility, as i have realised after the last few days it isn't worth sendind email as it doesn't get answered at all.

I have been trying to search via the clicky on FAQ but to no avail.

I don't need to chill out i was just asking a question.

You have got to remember we arn't all experts with p.cs either, just trying to work out how to continuie using something i have used for a couple of yrs that's all.

James.
Old 11 February 2004, 08:31 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

scoobyfella

emails will be answered if a) they have not been answered in the forums, and b) time allows. We try to answer everything, but if your questions can be answered very simply by viewing one of the sticky threads, etc we spend the limited time we currently have answering emails from other members with genuine questions.

The reason I suggested you should chill out is because you were "frustrated" and had angry faces on your post, etc.

The FAQ search is to search the FAQ, nothing else.

If you are not an expert in PC's I have absolutely no issue with that. Perhaps you would have been better to post a simple and polite request for assistance, rather than the rant you decided to post instead.

I hope this has answered your questions.

regards

Simon
Old 11 February 2004, 08:52 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Wow!, it's getting abit warm in here

Lets all please!
Old 11 February 2004, 09:50 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Ouch !
Old 11 February 2004, 09:56 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

Question search

the search is key part of sn, a very usefull tool

when will it be on operation to us all?
Old 11 February 2004, 10:16 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Simon,

Thanks for replying to one of my posts anyway, the reason i was getting a little frustrated was because a few days ago i logged onto scoobynet like i have for a coiple of years now to find it had all changed and i couldn't acsess it any more it wouldn't accept my password time after time. I couldn't post a question and ask as i couldn't get in, this is the reason i mailed webmaster on a few occasions with no response at all.

I then mailed somebody i know from scoobynet who kindly helped me out and got me logged in, and since then it has been frustrating trying to find away around the new system, i.e no vip list, being barred from going certain places and no search facility etc. It now seems to get the best fron scoobynet we are going to have to pay for the priviledge, which i do understand in a way but not totally, it's just a shame it is only going to be the real enthusiasts who have to fork out though, not all the members who just come on to cause problems and argue who make up many 10s of thousands.

I am sure everything will be fine once i suss out the new system completely, it was just annoying to come on the other day and i couldn't get in for a few days for some reason.

No offence was meant and i apologise if it sounded that way, scoobynet is a great place for help and advise and some top chaps are on here.

cheers James.
Old 12 February 2004, 08:32 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Hi James

I couldn't post a question and ask as i couldn't get in, this is the reason i mailed webmaster on a few occasions with no response at all.
If instead you had simply read the big threads that were going on, including the "login problems" thread, etc. You wouldn't have needed to email us.

no vip list, being barred from going certain places and no search facility etc. It now seems to get the best fron scoobynet we are going to have to pay for the priviledge,
James, we've done all of this over and over again in the forums. VIP list is still there, it's called buddy list. See sticky in Bugs forum for this info and on progress.

The search facility is covered in the sticky at the top of general forum entitled something along the lines of "Search facililty open for testing - plus members only" where it explains the immense work we are doing to try to get this online for all as soon as possible.

The ONLY forum that is not currently available to non-paying members that was available on the old software is "WANTED". If you can tell me that the whole of scoobynet is now too frustrating and you can't get the best out of it just because of the wanted forum I will be very surprised.

it's just a shame it is only going to be the real enthusiasts who have to fork out though, not all the members who just come on to cause problems and argue who make up many 10s of thousands
We had a choice to make. Deal with the problem, or just let scoobynet die. I'm sure the real enthusiasts would prefer what we have now. Take a look around. ScoobyNet is a decent and nice place to be again.

All the best

Simon