Another attempted theft of keys

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2004, 12:00 PM
MJN 555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??

??

Last edited by MJN 555; 06 February 2004 at 05:10 PM. Reason: ???
Old 06 February 2004, 12:13 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about that, it is worrying. Get some security lights if you havent got them, do you have a house alarm? I am always amazed at the number of folk who dont have the house alarmed. I know you shouldnt need to but sadly the way things are going, if you have anything decent you house has to be like Fort Knox.
Keep the car ...........
Old 06 February 2004, 12:15 PM
LeighJ
Scooby Regular

I'm getting my scoob back today after it was stolen 5 months ago, keys where taken from our house. I would be keeping mine, but the g/f won't have it at the house. This sort of thing is on the increase. I hope the theiving scum get nicked soon and spend a bit of time with Mr Big in the prison showers.

Would help others if they knew which area you live in mate, so they can be a little more alert.
Old 06 February 2004, 12:22 PM
jmk
Scooby Regular

If you have a MY03 you could use the Super Lock function. Great when you go to the gym etc though as your car can't be nicked even if they get your keys, problem is the alarm goes off everytime you open the door.
Old 06 February 2004, 12:35 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Personally, I reckon the best that can happen is if the b*stards stuff it big time into a motorway bridge and snuff it. This used to happen quite a lot on the M4 around Swansea.

No doubt about the car being a write off. No worries about getting back a car which is registered as S/R. And the gene pool is rid of a number of thieving toe-rags.

Vindaloo.
Old 06 February 2004, 03:24 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear of this MJN 555, it does certainly seem to be on the increase...

Because of all the recent threads about car jackings etc. I've become very paranoid about being followed home etc. A few months ago I awoke in the middle of the night to see someone trying to nick a neighbours car that was parked outside our house (bloody insulting actually as my Scoob was on the drive and he went straight for the Corsa on the road!)

Anyhow, because of that attempted theft and because of the recent threads on here I've started doing 2 loops around the round-abouts if a car's been behind me for a long time etc. Last week I awoke at about 5am after hearing a van pull up outside (I am a very light sleeper and our village is very quiet).

I heard someone get out the van and then the footsteps suddenly stopped. The van roared off and also stopped and I guessed it was about 100 metres up the road as I could still hear it's engine running.

Being very suspicious at this point, but also very sleepy I peered out the curtains and saw a geezer built like a brick **** house at our front gate staring in towards our 2 cars (my missus drives a nice motor too). You can imagine the scene now, my heart was pounding and this bloke had something in his hand....

I figured I'd get up and start by setting off the security lights outside as that was what had frightened off the last toe-rag, plus we've 2 neighbours with vicious and noisy dogs and I figured these would scare him if they started making a noise. Just as I was getting up he saw my movement and pulled a hood up over his head. I thought 'oh my god, here goes' but he then bent over our front gate, stood up again and sprinted off to where the van was still running, got in and they drove off.

Needless to say I didn't get much more sleep that night and peered out everytime I so much heard a cat walking down the road.

Next morning when I got up I saw something on the front lawn. It was only a bloody Thomson directory! The stupid fool not only nearly got a plank of wood wrapped around his bonce but also very nearly a Rotweiler at his throat! Guess he was just admiring the cars but it didn't half shake me up at the time...
Old 06 February 2004, 04:56 PM
adpd
Scooby Regular

lol @ RussBoy...

That would have scared the crap out of me...

Amazing how paranoid us humans are!
Old 06 February 2004, 06:07 PM
smellyvag
Scooby Regular

Angry

Well i was awaken in the early hours of Tuesday morning, by an unusuall knocking sound. Then a flash of light caught my eye. I sat up and opened my blind overlooking my garden,to see it occupied by people with torches. I grabbed my baseball bat and proceeded downstairs. I must have made some noise because by the time i got downstairs they had hopped over the fence in the garden. My tv was gone
I opened my front door to make chase, beleive me, being woken up to the sound of people in your house is not nice. I then noticed my subaru door was open and the interior light on. F**k knows what happened to the alarm ??
The f**kers were nowhere to be seen, but lucky for them as my neighbour and i were armed with baseball bat and axe. I now have an alarm installed, which arms the downstairs while i sleep and oh yeah, CS gel spray and stun gun.
People clearly dont give a **** these days. If i ever catch them in my private space again, would be prepared to do time for the consequences. Its not on ...........