ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Legacy Bits

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2000, 10:42 PM
PETER WALKER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

HI everyone, I've just found this fantastic web site,and I was hoping some of you could help me with a few questions.I've a 1994 Legacy Turbo Estate,which I believe has an almost identicle engine to the early Imprezzas.My first question is do any of the induction kits on the market fit the Legacy?.Also the suspension on the car is quite soft,do the Imprezza struts fit the Legacy? And finally do the Imprezza wheels fit my car? I'd be most grateful if anyone could help me. cheers.
Old 07 June 2000, 11:16 PM
Subie Gal
Scooby Regular

i'll try to help....

the Impreza wheels should fit on your car... they do mine here in the states and unless there are any MAJOR differences (which i don't think there are) they should fit!

and....

I placed "Impreza" aftermarket adjustable struts on my Legacy and they fit just fine...

hmmm... did i help at all????

j.

Old 07 June 2000, 11:45 PM
JOHN BRODERICK
Scooby Regular

peter

the chasis set up of the legacy is almost the same as the impreza.and the engine and gearbox is the same.(inter cooler?)so i don't see any problem in getting a good induction kit, maybe someone can recommend one.and welcome to another legacy owner..

john
Old 08 June 2000, 09:06 AM
pnebbs
Scooby Regular

Talking

Peter

Welcome to the board - the more Legacy owners the better!

What version Legacy is yours - is it a UK car

The wheels have the same PCD and offset as the Impreza so Impreza wheels will fit fine.

Not sure about the induction kit, I keep meaning to put one on mine, but you can definitely get a K&N panel filter to drop in.

I think the rear suspension is different on the early Legacies, but I'm not sure, you can use Impreza Struts on the 2nd generation Legacies, but you will need Legacy Springs

Paul

Old 08 June 2000, 10:21 PM
PETER WALKER
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks very much Subie Gal,John and Paul for the swift reply to my questions, It's much appreciated.In answer to your question Paul,my Legacy is a UK car which has been tweeked slightly.The first owner told me that Prodrive had balanced the engine management system,but it's not been chipped.It was dyno tested at 240bhp.Which means I now have a car which is very quick on the straights but can't take the corners.Hence the question on uprated suspension.The roads up here in highlands of Scotland are quiet but twisty,so I'll need to get it sorted soon. Cheers.
Old 08 June 2000, 11:43 PM
pnebbs
Scooby Regular

Peter

I'll check on the suspension for you - A 94 UK legacy is furst generation, single turbo, code BC/BF, - mine is late 93 but 2nd Generation import, BD/BG. I will post tomorrow about the struts and springs on your car and whether they are compatible with Imprezas.

I like the BC Legacy Turbo wheels better than the Imprezas anyway - has yours got the charge-cooler

Paul
(Jamie - have you decided whether you are going to go with coilovers yet )
Old 10 June 2000, 12:13 AM
PETER WALKER
Scooby Regular

Paul

My Legacy is first generation,but I,m not sure about the charge cooler,I,m not that clued up on the engines.There is something that makes a pump type of noise if you know what I mean,It comes on as soon as I turn on the engine.It's tucked down under the inner wing, passenger side,I had a 1991 Legacy Turbo saloon and it certainly didn't make this noise.I'm guessing Prodrive put this on when they tweeked the engine but I'm not sure. Cheers Pete.
Old 10 June 2000, 12:43 AM
GavinP
Scooby Regular

Peter,

It is probably worthwhile to obtain a copy of MRT's catalogue - see
Old 11 June 2000, 04:21 PM
PETER WALKER
Scooby Regular

Gavin

Checked out MRT web site and down loaded the catalogue you mentioned, its perfect.I'd never of found it,if you hadn't told me, thanks alot. Pete.
Old 11 June 2000, 08:52 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Peter

I spoke to 'Central Subaru'