ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

anyone use MER car polish??

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2000, 01:05 AM
PhilHulse
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Used to use MER on my Black RX7. Good finish but the white deposits were a pain and so were the aching elbows. If you think it's great, you will be amazed at Wax Wizard. The best ever, give it a try. I've still got loads of MER left but would never use it above WW on my P1!!!!!!!!

Phil
Old 09 June 2000, 08:18 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speak to Mark Underwood the Wax Wizard on 0800 074 1608 - he will help you out.

BTW Don't T-Cut your paint-work!!!!

Where have the scratches come from? You mean vandalism/car park scratches, or the scratches (swirl marks) caused by using Mer?
Old 09 June 2000, 10:09 AM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Talking

i agree with nick, speak to mark.

WW products are tops.

mark came upto where i work yesterday and demonstrated everything.

Amazing stuff

a colleague also has a scooby with a few car park type scratches and marks stuff worked wonders.

just off outside to use all my new WW products now.

steve
Old 09 June 2000, 12:11 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Question

if you use it (I have 4 some years now)
what do you find polishes out the small scretches on the body work?
i've tried T-cut, but it seems to react to the MER polish on the paint work, thus stoppin' you polishing it off!!!!!!
using a lot of E-grease, does not make any differance.
MER p[olish is very good carnt fault it!!
MER vinyl+rubber cleaner, if brill on the black trim of the Scooby.

Old 09 June 2000, 08:14 PM
Chris
Scooby Regular

I remember about 10 years ago, when I worked for a chemicals company, we analysed MER to see what it contained...

It's only active ingredients were:
chalk and silicon. Apparently, the chalk (or calcium or whatever) was a mild abrasive and the silicon gave it a shine.

I also remember there was a big hoo-har at the time because the instructions said it was good for polishing ALL surfaces, but since it contained silicon it SHOULD NOT be used on the windscreen..

A few months later the label had a little square cut out where it used to say windscreens!

Bear in mind that this was 10 years ago, and the formulation might? have changed since! :-)

Did anyone see those tricks where they set fire to the bonnet to show the "incredible heat resisting capabilities!!" :-)
Old 09 June 2000, 09:39 PM
IainT
Scooby Regular

Talking

I've used pretty much every type of polish going on my old show winning bettles and Mer was my favourite over everything, but the chalky residue did cheese me off.
Since using WW I can honestly say I haven't used anything better for ease of use and the glorious shine it gives. I'm constantly getting comments along the lines of "you must spend ages polishing that to get it that shiny"? when in effect it gets waxed maybe once a month now and washed at the weekend (WW stuff again).
Buy some now, forget the Mer and never look back
Cheers
Iain
Old 09 June 2000, 09:47 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

The fire power of mer!!!!!!!

It even works that trick with Wax Wiz products!!!!!!

The trick is an illusion. Have u ever figured out why one cannot smoke on the petrol station forecourt? Not that there is petrol swimming about on the floor but IT IS THE VAPOURS that go bang!

The Mer trick sets alight the vapour from the lighter fuel and OH so very conveniently they douse the flames just b4 the liquid actual burns. Then they ask a punter to touch the panel to see how hot it is. Wow its only about 80@Centigrade...the paint can get hotter in midday summer sunshine on a dark coloured car.

What are Mer trying to prove? Is that they are showing u the fire resistant capability of their product?

If it were fire resistant then every car would be covered in Mer and all these burnt out wrecks from joy riders would be burnt out inside and ahave fresh as a diasy paint on the outside. God people are so gullible.

The analysiis given is still largely true of what is in Mer. Thank god some else sees that there is chalk in the product.

Those fine lines that u have (ala scratches) sound very much like swirl marks caused by your use of Mer and u have been happily gring the swirls in.

Hope the lesson is now learnt and that you'll call me in due course.
Regards
WOW