22b or evo6 on dry asphalt?

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2000, 04:04 PM
YAGIZ AVCI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

hi all.
i want to learn that which of them is better on dry asphalt or on track.i know p1 is the best but which of them from these two.
i am waiting your opinions....
thanks for replies
Old 08 June 2000, 04:18 PM
letdown
Scooby Regular

I think this tread is going to go down the same lines as the 30 or 40 before it!!!!Zzzzzzzzzzz
Old 08 June 2000, 04:23 PM
Ian Sutton
Scooby Regular

Question

Sorry to butt in, what Car are you driving at the moment for my guide Yagiz bloke???

Because it looks as though your either doing some kind of field project on the Subaru for college or very bored.

Sorry if it seems rude.

.....Ian
Old 08 June 2000, 04:24 PM
YAGIZ AVCI
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by letdown:
<B>I think this tread is going to go down the same lines as the 30 or 40 before it!!!!Zzzzzzzzzzz [/quote]
ok.talk about it.which one is better?
Old 08 June 2000, 04:26 PM
YAGIZ AVCI
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Ian Sutton:
<B>Sorry to butt in, what Car are you driving at the moment for my guide Yagiz bloke???

Because it looks as though your either doing some kind of field project on the Subaru for college or very bored.

Sorry if it seems rude.

.....Ian [/quote]
i am driving my99 turbo at the moment.i only want to know which one is better.pls inform me
Old 08 June 2000, 04:51 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Yagiz,

Are you looking for some quotes you can learn by heart and then recite in a very matter of fact way and knowledgeable, without having driven or experienced either of the cars you are talking about at all?

Perhaps you are looking for some material to claim is your own so you can reply to my questions on the earlier "P1/Evo" thread? (I notice you have neglected to contribute anything further).

And HOW do you KNOW the P1 is best? Have you driven it? Have you compared it back to back with an Evo VI, Sti-6, with and without suspension tweaks? What areas does it beat its competitors, what areas is it less good.

Sorry Yagiz, but I am getting the impression that you are simply somebody who latches onto the opinions of others, and then repeats them elsewhere. As I said on the other thread, please prove me wrong and give us some of YOUR OWN concrete experiences and detailed opinions of cars you seem so convinced about. Until then, I can't take you seriously.

Gary.
Old 08 June 2000, 05:06 PM
YAGIZ AVCI
Scooby Regular

yes i know p1 is the best. i read it in steve breen's page.can't you give your opinion?
what are you driving at the moment?
Old 08 June 2000, 05:12 PM
letdown
Scooby Regular

This is like pulling teeth!!! I sense a wind-up!!!

Old 08 June 2000, 05:17 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Let's go get a life on some other thread!!!

...I'm not being rude BTW
Old 08 June 2000, 05:26 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yagiz,

You KNOW the P1 is best because you READ it on somebody else's page!!! ROFL, I rest my case. Go get some opinions of your own, you dim witted fool.

At the moment, I'm driving a Nissan 200SX, bought from someone on this BBS who was taking delivery of a scoob from Holland (and very pleased with it I am too, though a scoob it certainly is not). This is an interim car to be passed onto the girlfriend when I get my house sorted, and buy another scoob or lancer evo. Before this I owned a 99MY impreza which I sold when Ralliart were supposed to be delivering me an Evo 6, and before that a porsche 944. However I have driven a fair number of scoobs including MY97 prodrive, MY98, MY98 prodrive, MY99, STi-5 and other cars including boxters, 911's, Evo's and the like.

Of the cars I PERSONALLY HAVE DRIVEN, I will give, and have given an opinion on previous BBS threads. I have no personal experience of the P1, so am not in any sort of position to comment on its pros and cons. However, it seems that you are only too hapy to take what others say and then take it to heart as the gospel truth.

Gary.
Old 08 June 2000, 05:33 PM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Brutal but fair Gary.....he!! he!! he!!!
Old 08 June 2000, 05:52 PM
YAGIZ AVCI
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by GCollier:
<B>Yagiz,

You KNOW the P1 is best because you READ it on somebody else's page!!! ROFL, I rest my case. Go get some opinions of your own, you dim witted fool.

At the moment, I'm driving a Nissan 200SX, bought from someone on this BBS who was taking delivery of a scoob from Holland (and very pleased with it I am too, though a scoob it certainly is not). This is an interim car to be passed onto the girlfriend when I get my house sorted, and buy another scoob or lancer evo. Before this I owned a 99MY impreza which I sold when Ralliart were supposed to be delivering me an Evo 6, and before that a porsche 944. However I have driven a fair number of scoobs including MY97 prodrive, MY98, MY98 prodrive, MY99, STi-5 and other cars including boxters, 911's, Evo's and the like.

Of the cars I PERSONALLY HAVE DRIVEN, I will give, and have given an opinion on previous BBS threads. I have no personal experience of the P1, so am not in any sort of position to comment on its pros and cons. However, it seems that you are only too hapy to take what others say and then take it to heart as the gospel truth.

Gary. [/quote]
have you ever driven 22b?
you said you drove many cars .which one is the best you think?(be fair
Old 08 June 2000, 06:01 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Yagiz,

I've never driven a 22b, though certainly wouldn't say no if the opportunity arose. The best car I have ever driven was a Ralliart Evo 6, which is why I had one on order for over 6 months.

Gary.
Old 08 June 2000, 06:17 PM
YAGIZ AVCI
Scooby Regular

i think sti5 an prodrived imprezas are better in roadholding aren't?
i read that a scooby owner bought evors2 after driving 4 years scooby.he has a favourite local bend.he says that he takes that corners with impreza at 88mph.then he says that he takes this corner with evo hardly at 75mph.it is dry asphalt.what do you think?
Old 08 June 2000, 06:30 PM
petew
Scooby Regular

Sorry, i dont want to offend anybody but the quality of typing and the use of english on this thread is very poor!
pete
Old 08 June 2000, 06:34 PM
YAGIZ AVCI
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by petew:
<B>Sorry, i dont want to offend anybody but the quality of typing and the use of english on this thread is very poor!
pete[/quote]
sanane ulan dallama )))
you can't understand
sýctýýmýnýn hayvaný
Old 08 June 2000, 06:36 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Hold on, hold on, hold on - no I'm not a scouser!

YAGIZ appears to be from Turkey (are you?) and his (are you!)english is a darned site(?) better than my Turkish. I think we all understand the thread anyway.

Not flaming, insulting ..or anything else.
Old 08 June 2000, 06:37 PM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Im going to getted burnt for this but,,,,,,,These $%%^ v's $$%^^ are getting a bit like the old RSOC!! Not that there is anything wrong with that!!!! :O..my car is better than yours...meet me at the traffic lights...etc.etc!!!!! fire away!!!
Old 08 June 2000, 06:42 PM
petew
Scooby Regular

i did apologise at the start of my reply,no offence intended and by the responses none taken!should have looked at the profile before tapping on the keys!
my 92 clio 16v was a good car but it was always in the garage! the 98 Terzo's a lot better but plod are always intrested!
Old 08 June 2000, 07:05 PM
SimonM
Scooby Regular

PeteW,

I also used to own an '92 Clio 16v which also spent more than half its life in the garage! I now own a '98 Terzo Fancy that!

[This message has been edited by SimonM (edited 08-06-2000).]
Old 08 June 2000, 08:14 PM
petew
Scooby Regular

SimonM
what colour was the old Clio?
mine was that Williams blue,its was a great little car but so f****** tempremental!
Sounded really good ,not as good as the Terzo though!!!
I wonder what will be next after the scoob?
petew

[This message has been edited by petew (edited 08-06-2000).]
Old 08 June 2000, 08:31 PM
SimonM
Scooby Regular

Pete,

The car was Gunmetal Grey with 17" Oz Polaris alloys. I had three new head gaskets and one new engine

Sounded amazing with the K&N though
Old 09 June 2000, 01:19 AM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Yagiz,

Back from the pub (and pi$$ed), late post, I'll be brief.

What do I think about your friends cornering speeds. Well, to be frank, I'd be surprised if there was a 13mph difference (and that is a massive amount in dry road cornering speed) betweeen the speed at which your friend could take any REAL WORLD corner in any two reasonable modern day performance cars. I'd put it down to his level of driving ability, and how confident he feels in both cars. If he feels 13mph more confident in an STi compared to an Evo, then the STi is obviously the car for him, but I'd question both the quality of the cars and his ability as a driver.

Gary.
Old 09 June 2000, 07:31 AM
mprocureur
Scooby Regular

SimonM, PeteW

Have ever tested a Williams clio, big difference, especcially in handling with the classic 16v version.

The engine was a bit smoother too but anyway when both engines were running with decat full exhaust system, panel filter and ECU chipped the difference was very few

Mike, 60k happy miles in a williams clio :-))
and 4k very happy miles in an impreza MY00 :-)))

Old 09 June 2000, 03:13 PM
Reza
Scooby Regular

In case you were wondering the translation for Yagiz's phrase is "That's none of your business, you *****!".

I know this because in the north part of Iran ,where my parents come from, they speak Turkish-Azeri as a second language.

[This message has been edited by Reza (edited 09-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Reza (edited 09-06-2000).]