Sponsored by:

Just got back from sainsburys!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2003, 07:25 PM
andyman2003
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Some f****r has just done my front passenger door!!!!
they have run their bumper right along the lower part of the door,
just stopping before they got to the rear door.
wen i got back to my car the b*stard had gone!
no security cameras in the sainsburys car park! so if yr a rapist,
sainsburys epsom surrey is the place for you.
so ill phone my insurance company on monday and let them bend me over and pull my boxers down and do you know wot to me.
ive only had the car six weeks (MYOO turbo) and i love it to bits.
hope the f****r who did it dies very very soon.
And to top it all off, sainsburys did not have wot i wanted anyway!

Anyone know of any decent body shops in the surrey area?[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 20 December 2003, 07:30 PM
goonasuk
Scooby Regular

Before you go down the insurance route price up how much it would cost to hav edone privately, may save ya NCB m8.

I damaged my front wing, and to my surprise the wing replacement was only £103 (ish) direct brand new from Subaru, then add the paint and labour and it wasnt expensive...

plus remember you may have ahigh XS on your policy like me... £500
Old 20 December 2003, 07:37 PM
andyman2003
Scooby Regular

Im gonna get some quotes next week.my excess is £250.
just so infuriating that you pay £800 insurance.
someone bangs into you,you have to pay the excess,then yr premium goes up next year aswell.wen you work it all out you end up paying for the damage anyway!!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 20 December 2003, 07:39 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Angry

feel for you mate, most pople dont give a fying fu*k about other peoples' property
Old 20 December 2003, 07:40 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Alternatively, they may actually be such a sh*t driver that they didn't realise they'd done it which is why they didn't stop.

Believe me when I say there are plenty of people out there who are that bad
Old 20 December 2003, 07:41 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I was gonna ask what you`d bought too
Old 20 December 2003, 09:47 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

some cvnt done the same to my landrover discovery a few years back, cost a load of money to get put right and the worst thing was they had cctv but it had gone wrong that night [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 20 December 2003, 10:51 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Not surrey, but not too far, either. Try AnG Services in Park Royal, W. London. Very capable, and if you ask nicely and tell them you're forking out from your own pocket rather than insurance they usually look after you. If you need any more info on them just shout.
Old 20 December 2003, 10:54 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Andy, where abouts are you mate my son maybe able to help you, he works in a bodyshop, let me know.
Cheers
Colin
Old 21 December 2003, 08:59 AM
DJFish
Scooby Regular

That's a bummer!
But don't let it get you down too much,
In my first month of Scoob ownership I had, a door ding from a BMW in Dorking (must be a Surrey thing), chipped door paint from a thrown egg, gearbox re-build, new clutch and a cracked windscreen.

It's just lifes way of getting all the crappy stuff out of the way so you can have the rest of your Scooby time trouble free.(hopefully)

Cheers
Dave

Old 21 December 2003, 10:28 AM
S Page
Scooby Regular

Yes make sure when you get quotes to say that you are paying for it out of your own pocket as the prices are normally a lot less, the quotes for insurance jobs are stupid, they just see pound signs in their eyes when you say on the insurance.
I got a quote for a new wing a couple of years back and they said in the region of £600-800 if its on insurance because the bumper needed changing because it had a scuff on it etc etc, went down to £200 if i was paying for it myself as the scuff on the bumper would polish out. I asked why the big difference and they said well if your not paying for it then claim as much as possible cause it wont cost you, then you wonder why insurance costs go up every year.
Old 21 December 2003, 10:53 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that mate
give Mark at Automex in Sutton a call & tell him Paul with the silver Subaru sent you ! you might be suprised how cheap they can do it & they are bl**dy good too !!!!
Old 21 December 2003, 01:09 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Go back to the store ......... They have to take out public liability insurance , I know it says 'customers leave their cars parked at their own risk' . BUT , they are responsible for damage to anything on THEIR property ....... If you slipped on a wet floor in store, you would put a claim in. The purpose of their disclaimer boards is to stop people trying to claim. Believe me , they will pay up.

I always park in Parent and child or Disabled bays now ....... Not because I am inconsiderate, but because of the low life's that need to learn to drive !!!!

Nate.
Old 21 December 2003, 03:44 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

parking in the disabled bays takes the **** - unless you are disabled - which judging by your comment you are not.

selfish ****s like you that make others lives much harder than they need to be.

Old 21 December 2003, 04:02 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I must admit to parking in the parent and child spaces too!! I just get pi55ed off with the dings and knocks on the side panels!

I do, however, leave the disabled parking spaces alone - unless, and there is an unless, - there are more than 4 disabled spaces and I will only be in for a lottery ticket .... otherwise they are no-go areas.

Pete
Old 21 December 2003, 04:03 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

JJones, I have to partially agree with you on that one but, next time your shopping just see how many people who use the disabled parking could run the 100m in 12 secs!!!
dave
Old 21 December 2003, 04:04 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

i do think it is about time that supermarkets made 10-20 large spaces well away from the front doors tho for people who don't want parking knocks on their car.
Old 21 December 2003, 04:56 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

What a splendid idea, I might put that to Tesco's next week!!
dave
Old 21 December 2003, 06:47 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

One thing I have noticed in car parks is that when someone has a baby seat in the back of the car DO NOT under any circumstances park next to them, if you do your asking for trouble. Also people who drive off roaders don't seem to give a **** about other peoples cars.

I once seen a women driver scrape all the way down the side a new VW polo in a multistory, she made a right mess of it and drove off, I made a note of her reg on a piece of paper and put it on the VW windscreen with the cars make/model. Cannot stand this kind of behaviour ,it has to be criminal damage all said and done.
Old 21 December 2003, 07:06 PM
griffm
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sainsbury's Huh, last week parked taking up two bays miles away from entrance with loads of empty spaces and got a message behind the wiper "one space not enouh w***er" on return. Does not matter that all disabled bays were full and wife requires my assistance to get in and out of car.
Old 21 December 2003, 07:46 PM
andyman2003
Scooby Regular

Angry

thanks for all yr comments and advice.
every time i look at my car i get so fu**ed off![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 21 December 2003, 07:46 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

jjones,

Just to add ..... When I have my little girl in the car and can't find a parent and child bay , but see plenty of disabled cars in those spaces, it does make me mad, especially as I'm getting her out of the car and some old lady says ' I don't see a disabled badge in that car!' and nods disapprovingly !!!

Then to see a car with a disabled badge in it, and for the disabled person to stay sat in the car whilst the driver/non-disabled person goes to get the shopping ...... That really p155es me off !!!!!!

As I said above ' I am not inconsiderate ', and I hope that people who know me on here would agree. I don't mind you giving that opinion of me, If you knew me , but I don't know you and I'm sure until you saw me post above, you didn't know of me. So you could have reflected that in your post.

Anyway, merry christmas to all of you...... Parent and child, disabled and able bodied parkers alike !

Nate.
Old 21 December 2003, 07:57 PM
andyman2003
Scooby Regular

parents and disabled space for me always from now on!!!!
if anyone says anything to me,ill make them fu**ing disabled!!!
im a big softy normaly,this has realy pissed me off[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 21 December 2003, 08:11 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

supermarkets always bring out the herding instinct as well.

park as far from the doors as possible in an entire empty row and when you come back there will be a car either side and the rest of row will still be empty!
Old 21 December 2003, 11:10 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

--I must admit to parking in the parent and child spaces too!! I just get pi55ed off with the dings and knocks on the side panels!--
Bull****, thats just so you get get yer fat **** out the door without crunching everyone elses
Old 21 December 2003, 11:18 PM
Scooby300
Scooby Regular

It is just a p1ss take, 80% of orange badge holders I see don't need them or not on that visit anyway.

I would never agree to parking in disabled spaces or kiddy ones (unless I have my kids with me) but we have to protect ourselves against the d1ckheads with out parking across the car park where its quite so some scum can screw your car out of site.

Options?

Park across 2 Bays?

Cover the car in bubble wrap?

Stay in the car and send the wife in to do the shopping?

How about getting them to put up a scooby only parking?

Even better just shoot the b4stards in the kneecaps, next time they can use the disabled space and keep away from the standard bays.

And on the point of parking . The **** in the TT last night at Asda in derby thought the area marked PICK UP AND DROP OFF ONLY read TT drivers only, well him and his wife were dressed head to toe in Burberry. What more do I need to say.

Best thing to do is to go back to the store with the estimate and ask for their insurance company as you wish to claim against them.

Try sending a copy to head office as well you never know it may be worth trying everything.

Good luck mate I feel for you

Jon
Old 22 December 2003, 12:27 AM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

'even better just shoot the b4stards in the kneecaps, next time they can use the disabled space and keep away from the standard bays.'

And i though Scoobynet were a bunch of liberal minded geeks? Yet when someone marks you're precious car. LOL

'And on the point of parking . The **** in the TT last night at Asda in derby thought the area marked PICK UP AND DROP OFF ONLY read TT drivers only, well him and his wife were dressed head to toe in Burberry. What more do I need to say.'

Football hooligan mentality. Them against us. Have a go at another TT driver. YAWN, LOL.
Old 22 December 2003, 03:37 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Best thing to do is to go back to the store with the estimate and ask for their insurance company as you wish to claim against them.
Exactly what I said , The supermarkets will always take out Public Liability Insurance , Which covers them for every square inch of their property. So hot foot it down there , and also point out the fact that they do not have CCTV , most Supermarkets have it now, so why don't they ?

Nate.
Old 22 December 2003, 12:57 PM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

Andyman - YHM
Old 22 December 2003, 01:22 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about the car my friend.

I too can speak from a ver very unique history of this type of thing happening.

See here for my life story with a Subaru:

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=283942

At the end of the day i only park in either disabled or parent & child but as i have 2 children then that warrants me being there.
As for the disabled parking i only go in these if the parent & child is not available.
And i have no regrets doing this as i don't fancy paying more money out for damages by the 50% of people that dont care if they damage someones car.
In fact if someone ever said anything to me about it i would point them out to the fact that i have had 3 incidents with people dinting my doors and have spent over £800 in getting then done separatley and I AM NOT WILLING to put my car in this DANGER NO MORE!
I am protecting my CAR as any normal person would do and i will go to whatever means i have to to do it.
I am the result of those idiots that have caused damage to my car and maybe if there were more peole thinking of things before they open their doors into mine then i would not be doing this.
Yes i could of claimed on my insurace but 3 times and i would of lost my no claims which = NO SUBARU!!
I have been forced to take drastic measures as there is NO other way i can see around this. Well other than selling the Subaru and buying a crap car.
And if you ask anyone i am quite a kind hearted guy but if you have read the link to my post then maybe you will understand why some people do park in the disabled places.
And i don't care if people here disagree with people parking in disabled because i have a valid reason and so do others that have been thorugh the same.
If you have not been thorugh what ive been then you really can't understand where i am coming from.
And i wouldn't wish what has happened to me on others so beleive me when i say that you would do the same.
And also remember im not parking in disabled to get a good parking space to be unfair to others but im doing this to protect my car period!

[Edited by DJ WATTS - 12/22/2003 1:45:16 PM]

Quick Reply: Just got back from sainsburys!!!!