Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods for my 01 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2003, 03:23 PM
DrJP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've belatedly got the modding bug for my MY01 WRX - partly as my brother has just put a deposit down on a new ppp'd STI - and I'm completely jealous.
Mines a euro import so there's no issue with the warranty but I'm after advice on the best route to take.I've got around £1500 to spend.
Am I best off getting e.g. the complete scoobysport exhaust plus air filter plus remap or getting ppp. It seems from other posts that maybe ppp is less favoured option if no warranty issues.
Old 17 December 2003, 03:37 PM
Missile Man
Scooby Regular

Is PPP even an option for you if it's an import? I may stand to be corrected, but I thought it was only available on UK supplied cars?
Old 17 December 2003, 03:57 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

If its an MY01 you can only have 6 months warrenty at most left.

If your not going to extend it - remap and exhaust is supposed to be much better than PPP

I've got a PPP and love it

Jza
Old 17 December 2003, 04:03 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Jza, DrJP did say:
Mines a euro import so there's no issue with the warranty
Soooo, in answer, yes PPP is the way to go if you have warranty issues, you don't have them so get more power for less bucks by another route. As to which route is the best? Depends on the amount you want to spend, but assuming you are talking circa £1600 as it would be for PPP then there are many options which no doubt will be discussed / argued about at great length!

In general though...
New zaust, new up pipe and re-map seem to be the first stage.
Old 17 December 2003, 04:40 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Best bet is to go for an Ecutek re-map plus a full decat (up pipe, down pipe, 2 piece centre and back box) that should be good for approx 280-290 BHP and releive you of your £1500 plus a bit more probably for fitting. Lots of places are doing these conversions now Scoobysport, Extreme Scoobies, etc.

Personally, if I had my time again, I'd trade in for an STI as you'll not stop with the power, wheels, spoiler, lights, suspension will all be next and then some........well, it was for me anyway

Chris
Old 17 December 2003, 05:04 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Once you mod you just can't stop!!! (Now where have a heard a similar slogan??)
I've had my WRX01 for 4 months and im itching to get it modded myself.
Old 17 December 2003, 05:24 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

A good place to start is in the "for sale" section. I've picked up a down pipe & up pipe modified heatshield (so I didnt have to cut my own) managed to get these for £190 . Also got myself a firestorm backbox with less than 50 miles on it for £180.

so I saved a packet on the exhaust, now just need to sort my induction side of things, then TEK3 here I come

Phil

(BTW mine is a MY01 Euro WRX)
Old 17 December 2003, 05:50 PM
BL
Scooby Regular

Ive got a HKS Hiper Exhaust system for sale.

The system is a 3" system and replaces all centre sections (connects to downpipe)

It is completely straight unlike other systems with a kink towards the silencer.

This is one of the most popular systems in the market and comes with a bung to keep your neighbours happy.

New price is £550 + £80 for a link pipe (link pipe is needed to fit to UK cars as Japanses versions have longer DPs)

The complete system is going for £350 + postage.

Email me if interested

You will not be disappointed with the quality of this exhaust and many on this forum will vouch this.

Bob