Sponsored by:

Advice on buying an Impreza?

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2003, 01:08 AM
J-man
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

At present i own a Honda Integra Type R but i have been playing with the idea of buying an Impreza Turbo. Im looking at around a '98 plate (same as my Honda). There are a just a few things im consernded about that i was hoping you guys could help me out with?

What are running costs of an Impreza compared to that of the Honda?
Performance? I know on paper that the Impreza has a bit more bhp but it is turbo charged while the Honda is not so there is a different driving style to the two cars? Whats your thoughts on this?
Any things I should look out for when buying one?
The servicing on the Integra is quite steep with a recommended oil change every 3k and then service at 6k with a major every 12k. Am i right in thinking the Impreza servicing is oil change at 7.5k and service at 15k??

Im wanting to have a test drive in an Impreza to see what i think of the car but i don't want to phone someone up who is selling one and get there hopes up if im not going to buy the car at that time, plus dealerships don't normally have models of the age im looking for so can't get a test drive from them. I also have sell my car first before i can buy an Impreza so that doesn't help me either. Any ideas where i can test drive?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers