Sponsored by:

is this legal

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2003, 01:30 AM
rolandlowery
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ola,

i'm getting a little worried about the amount of people looking at my scoob, granted it is a beast and there's no better feeling than when your driving along and heads turn to look at your pride and joy, giving the * ha ha i have one and your getting public transport grin *

but i am getting even more worried, when i park up to nip in for some hand cream and a nice facial pack for l8r on in the bath * errr tabs and drink and some **** mags i mean * rofl.

anywho, you know the kind, tall skinny silly black hat, tracksuit bottoms and big jackets so they look harder than they really.

if their not dressed like that, the 5 aside tash they have been growing for like 10 years is prensent.

can i get a legal gun to fire at them, you know like a spud gun or summit. i hate the " err nice car that like m8 " is it fast * sigh *

so any thoughts anyone

Regards

me
Old 05 December 2003, 01:35 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Sadly, as came up with an email conversation today with my mate, the Scoob is gaining "ned-status".

What does this mean? Well, think of the Sierra Cossie 10 years after its debut, and you'll guess.

There's too many Scoobs now, the early ones are too cheap, and the bad-boys are buying them. So, if anyone is "eye-ing up" your Scoob while you drive past, rest assured it is not anyone classy admiring your motor, but neds admiring your motor.

We need a new Q-car to latch on to. No obvious contenders right now, but in my day back in the mid-1990's, the Impreza was the real Q-car when the neds still thought the Sierra Cossie was the dog's bits. Loved those days.
Old 05 December 2003, 01:38 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

PS Anyone buying a classic shape Scooby these days has missed the boat. You'll be associated with Neds for a few years until 90% of them are written off by the neds and it gains classic status again.

Don't buy a classic shape Scooby now if you're trying to be all cool and Q-car'ish. A cossie is probably getting on for "cool" status now it's so old and un-ned'ish again now.
Old 05 December 2003, 01:39 AM
rolandlowery
Scooby Regular

bugger,

and i thought i was great. well i take your comments and thank you for them, but you understand in my head i'm still a super bloke with a awesome car so * ner ner *, now where's the pills the doctor gave me for my twitch. * hehe *

L8r's

Old 05 December 2003, 01:46 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

No probs.

Bugger everyone else, and appreciate what you are driving IS still a great car, no matter what anyone says.

Old 05 December 2003, 07:06 AM
BarkingMad
Scooby Regular

Not got that problem over here... If it ain't got 8 cylinders, push rods and a Ford or Holden badge they just don't want to know...

Take a look at the following interesting discussion of the merits of the new Holden Monaro over the Ford XR8:

http://www.carjunky.com/cgi-bin/mess.../data/262.html
Old 05 December 2003, 10:11 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

IIRC, at least in this town, nowt has changed. The local kids, teenagers, neds, even young'uns, knew what I was driving, 'cos they'd all driven one on their Playstation/Nintendo/etc.

I came back to it the other day to find two "neds" looking inside it.
I asked them if they wanted to buy it, and they jumped a mile.
Once they realised I wasn't coming over all "hard-man" for looking at my car, they wanted to discuss it, and were surprisingly knowledgeable.

Give some of 'em a chance..........they are just the next generation covetting what we have, and they AREN'T all going to go out and nick it.

Alcazar
Old 05 December 2003, 12:50 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

One day in the summer some undesirable lads walked past, one stuck their head and gave it the nice car the go fast blah, blah.

His next comment was what worried me. - "I 've driven one of these, they go great. TWOC'd it of course! Ha, ha, ha"

Nice!! - didn't help my paranoia at all!!!
Old 05 December 2003, 12:58 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Neds hate wagons therefore wagons are cool- a simple formula for anyone buying a cheap Impreza. Also the wagons tend to be owned by people who don't thrash them so much- lower mileage, better condition, tend to be a higher spec etc.
Old 05 December 2003, 01:14 PM
TAZMAN
Scooby Regular

apart from my 109K mile wagon...(never been thrashed or even gone aroun a corner quickly ..cough cough)..but wagons are much more of a Q car..plus fold the back seats down and flat pack furniture can now travel at 150MPH!!
Old 05 December 2003, 06:53 PM
BR1CKY
Scooby Regular

i love my95wrx wagon
Old 05 December 2003, 08:48 PM
pnbond007
Scooby Regular

Classic Scubby's rock & will go on forever, the later shape variety are just classic's with a decent hair do.
Old 05 December 2003, 09:47 PM
BR1CKY
Scooby Regular

all scoobs rock,im looking at sti at the moment im just trying two talk the wife round.
Old 05 December 2003, 09:49 PM
pnbond007
Scooby Regular

take her shopping & just say of course you can dear....
Old 05 December 2003, 09:56 PM
BR1CKY
Scooby Regular

i will have 2 do better than that,she takes her self all ready,im sure i will think ov something.
Old 08 December 2003, 01:27 AM
MISS SCOOBY STI
Scooby Regular

Cool

(got an STI Type R).....my brother was dropping off his car at a garage one morning, so i picked him up from garage and took him back later on in the day to collect it again. place was about 15 miles away so when we returned later my turbo timer was going for a wee while (). Anyway had keys out off ign and standing chatting a few feet away and all these kids were hanging about (was oct school hols)...i'm the same and get a bit nervous when any1 gets too close 2 my car...but then i overheard some of their conversation..."thats the car we saw & heard this morning.....that cars a beast.....so cool...when i'm older thats the car i want" - made my day/week/month!!! what made me smile the most though is when we went to leave, as i walked towards the car & got in i heard them say..."and it's a f@#king bird thats got it - cool"
Old 08 December 2003, 01:45 AM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

lol miss-scooby-sti-have to wear my dress if want to impress then lol