ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

10 new truvelo's in Derby

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2003, 06:07 PM
S Page
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

On the local news (east midlands) today the police were being interviewed at the site of 1 of the 10 new speed camera's that are to appear in Derby, if you live in the area it has gone up on Nottingham road in Spondon and is a Truvelo (front facing) camera. The interviewer asked if this was just a money making scheme these days and the copper said no, we dont want to make any money out of it, the camera's are there to cut peoples speed not make money.

Strange i thought these camera's were supposed to be safety camera's used to reduce accidents in accident blackspots, not to be used as speed enforcers.

Ive just heard that they are Not all fully functioning yet, the camera's have not been fitted yet.

[Edited by S Page - 12/3/2003 6:58:00 PM]
Old 04 December 2003, 10:45 AM
unrealboss
Scooby Regular

Angry

The 3 planned for Nottingham Road are up and bet they are all running by now!! First is on your left just as you leave pentagon island heading up Nottingham Road the second is just after Chad park Road on the laft again heading up Nottingham Road Finally for Nottingham Road is as you pass the pub what was the rosie o'brians now called the Park on your left before you get to Asda...Keep em peeled Men!
Old 04 December 2003, 10:46 AM
unrealboss
Scooby Regular

Question

Anybody know where the other new ones are located let us know as you find em.
Old 04 December 2003, 01:18 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

unrealboss

You haven't driven far enough up mate as there is one between ASDA island and the Acordis island and then one near to the Anglers pub as well

Steve
Old 04 December 2003, 01:28 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Red face

10 at a time FFS
Anyone up for a group buy on old tyres, petrol cans and angle grinders ?

I guess I'm never going to Derby again. Or Huddersfield, Sheffield, Wakefield.........
Old 04 December 2003, 02:11 PM
unrealboss
Scooby Regular

Another new one at top Burton Road on the right near juntion! Cheers steve...didnt see them as misses does all the shopping lol.
Old 04 December 2003, 05:40 PM
S Page
Scooby Regular

So these camera's are in places that there has been lots of accidents due to speed? NOT!!!.

So going to Asda for your shopping could end up with a ban before you even get there.
Old 04 December 2003, 07:23 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

There is a chappy from Derby who may go to prison for driving at 38mph in a 30mph zone - see BBC News

He is refusing to accept a fine, as he feels "it is being enforced unfairly in his case". He said "It is all open fields, there are no signs saying what the actual speed limit is."

Not that that matters to the money grabbing Scamera Partnerships [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Sounds like a terrible accident black-spot - NOT!!

mb
Old 04 December 2003, 07:30 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Boomer - If there are no signs indicating the speed limit, then it is a 30mph limit.
Old 04 December 2003, 08:56 PM
Funky
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down

Guess this'll mean me parting with my license pretty soon then as you can normally get a good run up there!
Old 04 December 2003, 09:24 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

(RANT MODE ON)

This country is really starting to **** me off!! big brother is videoing every fecking thing we do, enjoying yourself in the political corrective mahem that is the U.K is a joke! What with poll tax,road tax etc, the criminal justice act (which I may add makes it illegal for a gathering of more than ten people without prior permission, so every meet we arrange we should be telling the police!) stupid petrol prices and a public transport system that is a joke around the world! why oh why do we do we just lay down and take this sh*t! we should start a speed camera vigalante party and run for goverment!!! in the states if enough people feel the same way about somthing they can get it changed.
What can we do??? just vote in another bunch of stupid feckwhits who are so far away from reality it is a joke!

(rant mode off)

bloody speed cameras eh!!

X
Old 04 December 2003, 09:51 PM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Location: 2010 Time Attack Club Pro Champion - Powered by ScoobyClinic
Talking

Dear Santa,
i would like the following for xmas:
  • a rotating numberplate
  • can of petrol & a lighter

kev
Old 05 December 2003, 08:57 PM
S Page
Scooby Regular

Yes its all good fun, i have found 6 of the new camera's today all on nottingham road from pentagon island to outside anglers arms (spondon).

1. straight off pentagon island onto nottingham road, so this will either catch loads of people as they fly off the roundabout or cause loads of accidents as people jump on the brakes.
2. just past chad park road before petrol station and motorworld.
3. facing derby bound traffic just as you come down hill towards Aldi.
4. facing derby bound traffic just off asda island at asda traffic lights, i would think this will only catch people trying to beat the traffic lights.
5. spondon bound traffic, between asda island and acordis island
6. derby bound traffic outside anglers arms and before pizza restaurant.

Looking at them the only one possibly active today was the one outside asda (4) as all the others had the camera's blanked off but there was plenty of activity around the others today with workmen wiring the others up. If you can see a red bulb in the top round window then you should assume its active.

I don't condone speeding but 6 camera's on this stretch is taking the p##s, don't even remember seeing any mobile camera's around these area's before.
Old 05 December 2003, 10:41 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

corradoboy

"Boomer - If there are no signs indicating the speed limit, then it is a 30mph limit."

would you be so kind as to post pointers to the regulations that relate to the above statement, as, IMHO, you are somewhat wrong!!!

mb
Old 06 December 2003, 09:22 AM
S Page
Scooby Regular

Have a look along Notingham road between pentagon island and last camera in spondon and tell me how many speed limit signs you see, i can only remember seeing the one outside the anglers in spondon and as you approach the pentagon island from A52 and frank whittle way, yet you can drive along a "40" limit and say a dual carriageway and you will see signs every few hundred yards reminding you of the speed limit.
Old 06 December 2003, 10:22 AM
unrealboss
Scooby Regular

They regular used to have a mobile speed trap set up in the cemerty entrances on Nottingham Road,they must of got plenty of people for them to warrant all these fixed cameras.My stepmother fell victim to them there argued and got away with it!!