Notices
Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Anyone near Derby? I'm looking for a favour :)

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2001, 10:27 AM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello fellow ScoobyNetters

I'm looking for a massive favour from someone who stays near Derby?

I'm about to buy an Impreza from Beechdale Subaru and staying about 350 miles away I'm keen not to make the trip down to Derby with the cash only to discover it's not as minted as I'd hoped.

Basically, if someone was passing, could they possibly pop in and have a look at the car for me and let me know what they think of it?

I'd really appreciate it and you would have my eternal gratitude

I'm just looking for info on the normal stuff like bodywork (chips/scratches/general condition), tyres/alloys, interior - just your general impression if the car has been well cared for Anything mechanical I can pick up myself

If you think you'd be able to help me out, please post up here or give me a call on 01786 405201 (day) or 07759 230 224 (eve) before they pop in?

Muchos gracias

Chris

PS Also you could let me know what you think of Beechdale in general as well? Good/bad/indifferent?

[Edited to add garage bit]

[Edited by The_Gza - 12/13/2001 10:28:59 AM]
Old 13 December 2001, 11:29 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

I'll pop in and have a look for you.

Which one is it?
Old 13 December 2001, 12:13 PM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Thanks Craig,

I've sent you an email

Chris
Old 13 December 2001, 01:04 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
Don't kno wif it's any help, but I got mine from Beechdale in Nottingham. So far, I've been very happy with the service that I've had from them, I even got a free service because I recommended someone else to them who subsequently bought a Scoob as well.
Picking the car up didn't go too smoothly as they'd not taxed the car when I go there (the Post Office closed early on Friday), but they loaned me a fully laden Legacy fo rthe weekend so I wasn't car-less, and also picked up the cost of the new exhaust for the previous car (which had dropped off a day or two before, after we'd agreed on trade-in, so I was going to have to get it fixed)
When I've been in for servicing, they've also driven me to/from work (not hard as I work less than a mile from their dealership, but a nice touch).

Tony.
Old 13 December 2001, 01:42 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Wink

Chris, I'll second Tony on Beechdale's service. I use the Nottingham one and the level of service is top notch.

As far as dealers go, you should be fine with them mate. I wasn't happy with some bent fins on the intercooler when I picked mine up, so they replaced the intercooler. Only one Justy from three visits as a courtesy car so they can't be too bad

Hope you get what yer after mate
Old 13 December 2001, 04:01 PM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies

Craig - I've sent the email to the address on your profile? Couple of queries on some bits you might be able to flog me as well

Cheers,

Chris
Old 16 December 2001, 12:41 AM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Smile

Ditto to the respone for the Notts place where I brought mine with no trouble. Been to the derby branch for some assistance and was just as impressed. Could also help you out if Craig cannot (deffo not mechanically just wether she looks good).

Craig is into working high BHP cars not clean ones !!!! . (Only joking craig!)

Which one in there is it ? There was a nice DBM on old alloys and a tidy silver on oz sl's when I was in.

Dave.
Old 17 December 2001, 09:44 AM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks again for all the offers of help

Extra big thanks go to CraigH for looking at the car for me and saving me from coming down to Derby - you are an absolute star mate Saved me an absolute packet - not to mention taking a days holiday!

Also big thanks to ScoobyNet for making it possible to do this sort of thing in the first place!

Cheers,

Chris

PS Craig - I owe you one mate - feel free to get back in touch if I can help you out in any way