Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Beechdale's Derby OK ?

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2000, 07:20 AM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya all,

Has anyone had their pride'n'joy serviced at Beechdales in Derby ? Any problems or things I should look out for ?

K
Old 07 January 2000, 08:50 AM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Smile

Nearly got my latest car from this garage...but in the end they couldn't find one in time.

These guys run 2 group N impreza rally cars.

FireFox (Jason) on the BBS is also good friends with the guys who run the place.

I'm sure the mechanics are very good if they are doing so well with the 2 rally scoobies.

I actually live in Derby...it would be my dealer of choice if I hadn't got my car from speeds in Nottingham.

Give them a try.

Ian
Old 07 January 2000, 09:47 AM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Cheers igratton,

I booked it in yesterday as the dealer I got it from is too far to travel for a sevice (in the Cotswolds ), spoke to a guy called Peter and seems very keen and interested in what he's doing, not like your usual " fitter " so I'll give them a try and see how I get on with some warranty work that needs doing.
K
Old 07 January 2000, 11:17 AM
firefox
Scooby Regular

Cool

Howdy..

Beechdale are very good and friendly.... They do actually run a Grp N Impreza.

The guy you spoke to is a new guy who started at the New Year...working on the reception for servicing.

Cheers,

J.
Old 07 January 2000, 11:21 AM
ids
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sound good. Do they do imports as i'm after somewhere to get my cam belt changed ?
Old 07 January 2000, 11:37 AM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

ids...

speak to Firefox privately via email regarding servicing of imports in the Midlands.

I will continue to get my new motor done at Speeds as I have built up a good relationship with 'dave' the head mechanic...he is very skilled in his work and has a shared passion for Scoobies...nice bloke.

Jason...

good to see you back on the bbs...I haven't spoke to you recently. Did you sell your HKS stuff...are you now using P-link ? or are you considering something else. How was Xmas...?

J...The other question I have is do you intend to change your exhaust system back to a slightly bigger bore to increase the flow of your larger turbo (HKS, BLITZ, ScoobyMania ?)...if so I'll take your SS Middle Section off your hands. If not I need to discuss the custome centre pipe you had made...I don't want to have the CAT cut out of the existing pipe as it will need to go back onto the car when I sell it.

Cheers

Ian

Old 07 January 2000, 01:10 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Kev,

had a 50k service and some Prodrive suspension & geometry mods done. Seem nice people and a loads better than Speeds in Nottingham. I actually live in Notts and prefer to drive to Beechdales in Derby rather than use Speeds. Had a LOT of hassle off Speeds when I owned a FIAT Coupe and also when looking to buy a Scoob.

Andy
Old 07 January 2000, 02:14 PM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Thanks folks !!