Sponsored by:

snoopers in scoobs

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2003, 07:21 PM
mcscoobydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

This will probably get moved but i'll try any way !
Bought a snooper SD815iS. Thought it made sense as just swapped from Sport to WRX. Mounted it on dash in the centre. Dont what causes it but on certain roads it goes crazy - like a radar is trackin me. I know for a fact there isnt on one of the roads I use. Is there anything that causes this ? CCTV on houses, mobile phone masts ?
Was going along A66 (Bowes moor) on Sunday - road is littered with speed camera signs. Snooper was bleepin all the way !!!
Stayed well within speedlimit all the way. Crap journey good MPG !
Any ideas ???
Old 01 December 2003, 08:48 PM
Riftzone
Scooby Regular

Talking

got an s5 myself and yes it goes off on the a66 a coupla times with nothin apparent. false alarms, possibly from the military installations you dont see from the road.

you'll find police trainin cars, fire engines, tractors and automatic doors set them off. can usually tell when its a false alarm as it never gets above a k band signal of 1 (unless yer in a shoppin park).

if it increases gradually from 1 up to 4 then yer've got sommat, hit the anchors... ;-)

oh and watch out for the camera vans by the bowes moor - they're takin pics for road tax offenders and altho they give yer a scare, they wont register on the snooper...
Old 01 December 2003, 08:51 PM
barneyrubble
Scooby Regular

Was on that road yesterday - my Road Angel (with Laser Alert) never bleeped so it must be specific problem to Snooper m8

barney
Old 01 December 2003, 09:14 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

specific problem to all radar detectors more like !! my snooper s5-r seems to come awake at roundabouts occasionally ??!!makes you wonder what is actauly hiden amongst these larger roundabouts ??!!

your road angel with laser attatchment wont have this problem because its not actualy a detector as such, well the bit minus the laser attatchment isnt anyway !! its the k band that these actual radar detectors have, that pick up these stray signals causing this annoying bleep , bleep, every now and then !! road angel is just a clever device programmed to respond to set targets such as gatsos, etc, etc !! hence its noramlly pretty well accurate warning systmn.