Another Theft problem with Scoobies please read

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2003, 09:10 AM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

http://www.p1woc.co.uk/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=785

Sorry guys its silly season again!!!! Not my car a fellow P1 owner has just had this happen to him.
Old 19 November 2003, 09:13 AM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hmm - link doesn't work and requires username and password .....
Old 19 November 2003, 09:14 AM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

had a mare today! got a call from my missis at 1.30 this afternoon (a bit upset) someone was breaking into the house. she had taken a day off and was chilling around the house when she heard a knock at the door. not expecting anyone she didn't answer. then the kicked my door down and proceeded in looking for the keys. i have to admit the keys to her s2000 and shogun were on show through the window but the scoob keys were on my keyring. she shouted and they went in a hurry. i called the law who were there (to their credit) in 5 mins with dogs and a copter but no crooks caught.
they said this wasnt the first they had been to in the last few weeks! so a word of warning to anyone in the area check your security.
by the way she is fine
and the scooby has been moved to secure storage where i can get it out when i use it and leave it when i dont.
watch your backs and if you catch someone call me before the police as i want to have a word with them.

The owner is from the reading area just incase anyone is worried.

There you go full post, sorry forgot about the logon problem- you could register!!

[Edited by p1_dave - 11/19/2003 9:14:56 AM]
Old 19 November 2003, 09:36 AM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Wink

sad..
things like this are going to continue for a simple reason..there is no detterant and huge rewards for the scumbags..
sad facts but true..we need a change in the law..they would think twice if there was some kind of justified punishment for stuff like this.......sorry but this is one thing the "states" have got right..grand theft auto..should carry just as heavy penalty here....(i personnal still think,that anyone convicted of car crime should be branded on there forehead for all to see,and then beat accordingly!!)
lets be honest if the powers that be, had caught these attempted theives ,what would they have done??let em off..thats what..waste of time..and i am not blaming the police 'cos they must find it just as frustrating............
Old 19 November 2003, 03:49 PM
Ringpeas
Scooby Regular

Angry

I read in the Sun the other day that a bloke was caught breaking into a car and actually ended up better off because of it! The judge cancelled £200 in outstanding fines and gave him a conditional discharge. The car owner was left with a £300 excess to pay.
String the judges up along with these thieving scumbags [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 19 November 2003, 05:17 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

The lack of deterrent (decent prison sentences), has little or nothing to do with the judges it's simply down to the government not spending enough money on prisons.

If you look at:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/rel/icps...s.php?code=168
It shows that currently prisons are at 111% of capacity.

The simple fact is we need more prisons to enable the courts to give proper sentences.

[Edited by Edward - 11/19/2003 5:18:38 PM]
Old 19 November 2003, 05:24 PM
jerseyscoob
Scooby Regular

Cool

At the end of the day they are just scum unable to get there life in order..!!

If they didn't thieve etc we wouldn't need bigger prisons!

Mark
Old 19 November 2003, 05:55 PM
Ringpeas
Scooby Regular

Question

Why are they over full though?
Is it because there are lots of people doing short sentences as part of an occupational hazard? Are prisons now so cushy that criminals don't fear them?
If criminals thought they would be put away for a long time and were forced to do hard labour, no TV etc, then they might not go out and do the crime in the first place. This would then make the prison population fall.
Alternatively just cut their hands off.
Old 19 November 2003, 06:40 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Angry

Your'e spot on Ringpeas,the prisons are a bloody joke with their T.V's and pool tables etc,and as for the judges ,well everyone knows they don't live in the real world.
Prisons should be hell on earth as far as i'm concerned then they would maybe be a real deterrent!
If someone steals my scoob,then i hope they fu*kin kill themselves in it.
Old 19 November 2003, 07:53 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Who's worried at 111% population of prisons. Pack 'em in more tightly! I'd possibly start to think about maybe being mildly concerned when it reached 250%!!
Old 19 November 2003, 08:34 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

Ill second that thrust, pack em in sardine style. It contstantly amazes me how this country shafts itself time and time again.

Think i might go and do some robbing myself, ill probably end up with a bigger TV in prison than ive got here....(the w**kers)

BRING BACK CAPITAL PUNISHMENT!!!!!!!
Old 19 November 2003, 09:10 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

So, a bullet, a hole in the floor and some soil to cover them over with, that would quickly and cheaply depopulate the prisons if over crowding is the concern ?

Also, it beats me when all the bloody do-gooders are harping on about civil rights of prisoners - F**k off - they're in there because they are not prepared to live by the (mostly) sensible rules that the rest of society is happy to abide by, and therefore as far as I am concerned have completely forfeited their rights to be treated in a civil manner.

Pack the theiving/murdering/raping/burglaring* scum in as tight as they will go until they all suffocate to death.

And before you ask, no I don't think I'm being a bit harsh - I'm completely pissed off with with the fact that the law is no longer a deterent to criminals in this country, and the can and do get away with murder - quite literally in some cases

*delete as appropriate

[Edited by Scratch - 11/19/2003 9:11:51 PM]

[Edited by Scratch - 11/19/2003 9:13:00 PM]
Old 19 November 2003, 09:32 PM
kazlo
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
just a thought,but we all know that tougher sentences are the answer, and you are all right,pack them in like sardines if that's what it takes.cut back on their luxuries to fund the spaces in prisons. i think that we could make a start with a petition to our Tony ,with i think approxamately 30,000 (i think that's correct read it on another post)scoobynet members we could make a start,and get other forums involved and let the powers that be know just how pig sick we all are of living in fear of these animals,rant mode off! glad to hear the lady is ok ...yours kazlo
Old 19 November 2003, 09:40 PM
catalunya199
Scooby Regular

good point jasemac about the police.

my brother is a copper and tels mehe catches the same people doing the same crimes but the courts just give proper mediocer sentences its not always the police fault the courts need to clamp down hard.
Old 19 November 2003, 09:43 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

completlty agree we need to punish offenders,

if a car thief got 5 yrs inside for his first offence......

it would make em think... prefferably if we had hard labour aka the states..

its because we always look to provide an answer to a problem, and by catagorising something we make it seem less of a threat or specific than it was..

ie

car thief.............he/she,s from a broken home

mugger............... hyperactive...

larger lout...........attention span deficiancy..

you see if they have a symptom... theres an answer..

in truth the crims of today know that theyll get away with it..

or if they get caught a little tap on the wrist...

when i was paying of some maintenance arrears (mittigating circumstances)....once at the local court house

the guy in fromnt was giving it large bulls**t on how he couldnt pay no job etc.. sob sob.... and the girl behind the desk bought it..

when she went to sort somthing out.. he turned to me and winked..

"yea" he said "couldnt pay cos i was in italy snowboarding!!!!!!!!!!!!"

makes you sick!!!!!!!!!!!!

M@

Old 19 November 2003, 10:10 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

its a pisstake. an uncle of mine who is a prison guard used to own a catalunya turbo and he sold his because he knew the lengths these idiots will go to to get their hands on his scoob and that is was only a matter of time before he woke up in the morning to find it gone. apparently most of these idiots would break into the house to get the keys and if someone happened to be home, well that was just bad luck on their part, and as much as you might love a car its not worth that price. its not right for us to be living in fear of these light fingered losers. there needs to be tougher sentences becuase regardless of what statistics say the government is losing the battle with everyday crime that affets everyday people. there.... rant over.. i feel better for that
Old 19 November 2003, 10:24 PM
kazlo
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
matt. i agree with you,(see my post )but they do need to see how cheesed off we all are.hense the shout for a petition, with the power of the internet we could call up tens of thousands of decent citizens names to make them listen.but we could post on here and like forums till the cows come home and i bet no one in parliament reads them. just a thought.kazlo
Old 20 November 2003, 08:43 AM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

all good points people..
come on kazlo get started on that petition!!
Old 20 November 2003, 08:50 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Anyone with a good idea for petition outline, go here and set one up.

Andy
Old 20 November 2003, 08:58 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Prison costs about £25k pa per prisoner. Cost to government of 5 years hard labour will be £125k. (Not including the cost of building extra prisons to house the new inmates.)

Cost to government of a stolen car is only police attendance = £125 (no k). The rest is picked up by the insurance companies.

OK a car thief might steal a hundred cars in 5 years (but I doubt it), even so the cost equation is firmly in favour of the current situation, and unlikely to change significantly in the future.

The only way to hurt the government and make a change is to vote differently.
Old 20 November 2003, 09:26 AM
MCGARY
Scooby Regular

The same deterrant as the middle east would be good. Cut there f*****g hands off or a bullit. My sister just got her brand new astra written of by a thug and a golf club and the police cant do nothing to him as he is a druggy. Waste of time unless you are doing traffic violations.
Old 20 November 2003, 09:36 AM
PGMabley
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

What a country

Makes you feel proud to be British! You can get away with most things if you pop a few pills or shoot chemicals into yourself.

I have replied to the post on the p1 bbs as I have concerns about my RB5 and boxster (only one goes in the garage at night!) as I live in Reading also.

Scumbags :-(

BTW my keys are kept in an unlocked box adjacent the front door - not accessible by fishing rod etc, but if they enter the house, they are welcome to them - I don't want to be asked for the keys otherwise I would be the one to find the only prison space left!

Both cars are alarmed and trackered.

When I have worked in prisons it looks like luxury to me but I would have to stay dirty for a few years - the shower scenario is fearsome!

Cheers
Paul