ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

How do you put a value on this??

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2000, 12:38 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Here guys, what do you think the following modified Impreza would be worth?

MY98 SReg Silver UK 5door Turbo wagon with the Prodrive WR Sport conversion (excluding PPP), including Red artista fabric electric Recaros and matching re-trim, Suspension package (Eibach/Bilstein)Quickshift gearchange linkage,Front 3 piece lip spoiler, Twin Aerofoil rear spoilers, 120w PIAA driving lamps, colour coded sills and mirrors. Additional extras include; Pentagon security smoke window tints, Professionally tinted indicators and rear light clusters, Autostyle car mats with chrome heel plate and STi/Prodrive logos, Front and Rear Sti pink/aluminim strut braces, AP Racing 330mm with Four pot caliper brake conversion, all round braided hoses, 18" Compomotive split rim venom style alloys with Pirelli 215/35/18 P7000's, HKS full SuperDrager exhaust system with downpipe, HKS Induction Kit, HKS EVC4 boost controller (rolling road verified at 286bhp), carbon fibre trim options, three gauge pod with Blitz gauges for Boost, oil temp, oil pressure, chrome gearlever gaitor with leather pouch, Sti Pedal set, Tracker, Thatcham cat1 alarm/immobiliser.

The car has covered 41,000 miles and has full dealer service history!

Suggestions??

Nito
Old 19 May 2000, 12:48 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Plus, featured in Japanese Performance Mag

Top car, really does look nice.

What next mate!??

Cheers,

Jon.
Old 19 May 2000, 01:23 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Get a quote for insurance and half it!

PH
Old 19 May 2000, 03:33 PM
Fullonloon
Scooby Regular

IMO The value is in:

Suspension package (Eibach/Bilstein)

Quickshift gearchange linkage

120w PIAA driving lamps

AP Racing 330mm with Four pot caliper brake conversion, all round braided hoses, 18"

Compomotive split rim venom style alloys

HKS full SuperDrager exhaust system with
downpipe, HKS Induction Kit, HKS EVC4 boost controller (rolling road verified at 286bhp),

Tracker, Thatcham cat1 alarm/immobiliser.

The rest doesn't really come into it. It's nice to have, but it's just cosmetic / or nice to have?

Q

Whats it worth? Well, under 15k I would imagaine.
Old 19 May 2000, 04:13 PM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Cool

It would be a lucky lucky ******* that gets all this for under 15K...

I forgot to mention A/C
and as the fellow celeb Jon says...it's also been magazine featured...whoopeee!!

Using Paul's theory it's 15K. You don't rate the bodykit etc Fullonloon? I would have thought the HKS bits and the 286bhp would reduce the value for many buyers. Seriously though it makes me laugh how a clapped out 94/95 UK turbo in **** condition with 80,000 miles+ are still fetching 11K. If you add up the value of all these bits you're looking well into 22B territory, yet come sale time it's better probably to remove the whole lot and sell them individually! 15K, a bog standard MY98 would fetch that!!

Nito
Old 19 May 2000, 04:30 PM
robman
Scooby Regular

What a lovely car. Why are you selling it?

Also, is it really just the zorst, boost controller and induction kit that gives it the 286 bhp?

Regarding the value, I think stripping it back to basics is the only way you'll get a decent price for it, then selling the juicy bits seperately.

r
Old 19 May 2000, 04:39 PM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi ROb,

It sure is! No cats in the system....(except the ones that sleep in the 5inch muffler at night). The figure was recorded at PE's rolling road back in February on a cold day and I have it plotted on paper to prove Yipeeee. Boost is running at a fairly conservative 1.15bar!! In mid june it only made 245bhp with the same parts on it but I made a couple of adjustments to the offset parameters on the boost controller since then which brought the power up along with the colder weather and the self learning boost controller which takes a while before it performs at its optimum!

Nito
Old 19 May 2000, 04:40 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

I would value it at greater than £15K.

But there will always be those people who no matter what you spend on something, will say "ooh.. you shouldn't have paid that.. I can get it cheaper.."

Sounds like a good car.

A month ago, I was offered £16.5K by my dealer for my stock '98-S UK Scooby.

I don't see how the same, but with all of those goodies would fetch less.

Although it is true that you lose most of what you spend on car mods.
Old 19 May 2000, 05:11 PM
Marcos
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Nito,

I was looking for a silver 5 door about a year ago and would have definately have been interested in yours...but...

You've taken all the fun out of doing one of these up!

You seem to have a wagon full of goodies...I wouldn't be able to scan power engineering and scooby mania saving my pennies for an Sti cocktail stick :-)

Good luck in selling it - they are sure as hell going to get a good car...especially at £15k ...

cheers

marcus (95'WRXsilver wagon - paid £13k a year ago with no extras on it, 22k mile - beautiful condition though)
Old 19 May 2000, 05:23 PM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks Marcus,

But I wouldn't even begin to consider selling it for 15K. My dealer reckoned they'd put it up for 25k a couple of months ago when it had 35k on the clock. I was wondering what the BBS fraternity would reckon it's worth if I were to advertise privately!!

Nito
Old 19 May 2000, 06:42 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Modified cars are undesirable to potential buyers so the price should reflect that.This one`s done a lot of miles.

If you`re into modifying you tend to want to do it to your own spec and see the results as the car is changed, so one usually starts with a standard car.

12-14k I`d say, but the buyers will be few and far between

[This message has been edited by zoog (edited 19-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by zoog (edited 19-05-2000).]
Old 22 May 2000, 09:59 PM
S55 DVM
Scooby Regular

Wink

I had my 98 S sallon up for sale about 3 months ago. 11,000 miles, CD, Cat1, Quickshift, otherwise standard.

The car sat in the main dealers showroom for a month, sticker price £19,000, but the only bid I got was from a private guy offering £15,500. UK cars are just not selling, obviously due to imports coming in spanking new at £15ish.

Anyway, decided I was not going to take a £6k hit in 18 months, so I decided to keep it. I think you'll have to do the same. Good luck, but I doubt you'll see anything like 20 for it (or whatever you have in mind)

David.