ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Just found out Saturday is the day...

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2003, 11:51 PM
IanH26
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

That I get my hands on my new company car. It is a Mica Blue STI8!!!!! My company let me order one on a semi opt out policy that means they pay for most of the lease, all the insurance, all the maintanance, all the work mileage(optimax all the way) and a set rate for private mileage of 12p a mile(irrespective)! How big a smile did I have at 4pm today when the call came to let me know I can collect it this Saturday morning. I can't think of anything else.
I had a classic 2000 Turbo for 8months a couple of years back but have been running an Audi A3 1.8T sport for the last 2 years. I can't get it modified in any way but will be happy with it as standard( Pig in sh*t comes to mind).

Have been following site for the last 6months but now I feel I have finally arrived.
Old 15 October 2003, 12:03 AM
yoza
BANNED

This week is going to drag for you!

Roll on Saturday.

I had to wait two days for mine, and that was nightmare.

PS. Its normal to get up in the middle of the night to go for a drive, only in your first week though.

Enjoy.........
Old 15 October 2003, 12:10 AM
ramdor
Scooby Regular

book it in for its 1000 mile service for the following Saturday... 'tis what I did.. hehe

Enjoy it matey

Richie.
Old 15 October 2003, 03:34 AM
Hotpants
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I definately don't work for the right company! Enjoy
Old 15 October 2003, 10:31 AM
bits'n'pieces
Scooby Regular

Brand new STI 8 .... sounds good, I looked at this when my company motor came up for renewal, but the tax you pay for the car in PAYE each month due to the emissions of the car (248g per km = 35%)works out to about £453 per month, which I couldn't justify to the Mrs, so took the money, added this to the tax I was saving and bought a Legacy B4 Blitzen on import and the government get sweet FA .... HA HA HAH

Anyway have fun..
Old 15 October 2003, 10:47 AM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

Yoza - is it only normal to wake up and go for a drive in the middle of the night for the first week......

Got my STi8 7 weeks ago and am still doing it
Old 15 October 2003, 12:27 PM
yoza
BANNED

Charlie, there is something wrong with you, unless your a doctor on call. Seek medical help ASAP.......
Old 15 October 2003, 12:35 PM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

Got to be joking nothing beats the feeling of driving my scoob at hyperspeed down the A3 or M25 at silly hours of the morning.

May have to seek some medical advice soon as there are only so many Proplus I can take to stay awake to do my job
Old 15 October 2003, 12:43 PM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Hey Ian, how does that scheme work with the Inland Revenue ? Surely there's a taxable benefit in there ?

Cheers

Matt
Old 15 October 2003, 01:32 PM
Kane
Scooby Regular

He has not said that it dont cost - if your provided with a car at work expensive its taxable at 35% for that car(for that level car). Probebly around £200pcm ie your tax code will be down to about £100 for full year not the £4k. Thats why opting to take cash then buy a car is the better option in long run as you own the car and have something to part-ex or upgrade on later. Also the fuel costs you are claiming will be higher in example if CC provided you could claim 12p a mile as opposed to 35p for private car use.

Swings and round abouts really. Just mean you get the car you want at the end of the day without Mr Tax man getting his share.
Old 15 October 2003, 10:07 PM
IanH26
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the replies, yes the week is dragging so much - it's only Wednesday how can I cope till Sat..

I am thinking of getting the car SupaGuard treated by my local Audi dealers. They did my A3 and it was fantasic. 2years old with 66k miles and still looks mint. Costs around £300.

As for car scheme, it's an opt out that I can pay into to increase the level of car I get. It's not taxed by the Goverment, as it's not the companies, as I am at the moment for the Audi (costs me £140 a month in car tax). The car is leased on a personal contract which the company pays for and I can add to to buy any car within reason. At the end of the 3 years I can buy the car for around £8000. My company doesn't offer the full opt out, ie monthly cash and I do the rest but still better than nothing.

Basically I get my dream car for aound £200 a month of my own cash, no tax payments and I can fill up with any fuel BP /Shell and only pay 12p a mile per private mile. All my Christmases and Birthdays have arrived!