Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

very upset need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2003, 09:54 PM
iain ross
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive ordered my wrx from lancasters in sevenoaks for the end of the month to be told that the dealership is closing on the 1st november.they have my £500 deposit and im not to hapy to purchase a car from a dealer that is closing and then have to go elsewhere for servicing etc.what would you do? as im thinking of going elsewhere and doing a whole new deal.
Old 01 October 2003, 09:56 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

The actual garage is not closing.

The Oxted Motor Group is taking over the Subaru Franchise and will operate it with the same staff there is now.

Nathan..

Old 01 October 2003, 09:58 PM
iain ross
Scooby Regular

was told otherwise at 4pm today they are calling me tomorrow with further details. they said they may still be able to deliver the car but wont be able to do the servicing etc.
Old 01 October 2003, 10:05 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

What are your concerns about having it serviced at another dealer?
Old 01 October 2003, 10:21 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Had my car serviced at Lancasters Sevenoaks yesterday and was told they were being taken over by the Oxted Motor Group.

Old 01 October 2003, 10:35 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
The new company that services Subarus, operating from the same premises but with a different name, using the same equipment, will be able to service your car effectively & within warranty.

You are also able to use any Subaru authorised garage service anywhere in the UK. You may also be able to use any other garage as long as it does things according to the Subaru service schedule and using OE parts or better (caution on what is considered "better" by Subaru UK I'd suggest), without invalidating your warranty.

Although it might be concerning, I do not think that you should have anything to worry about. It will be a new car and as long as it is serviced on time/mileage according to schedule and as it is required, then it is covered by warranty for the next 3 years.

Any warranty work can be done at any Subaru authorised dealers.
Old 02 October 2003, 10:54 AM
iain ross
Scooby Regular

just had the second phone call they can no longer supply the car from lancasters at the end of the month and they've transfered the order to walldonway in maidstone. the buyer for the grou pulled out last minute.
Old 02 October 2003, 01:57 PM
kentscooby2
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

correct re oxted motor co operating from same premises (had it in writing) but as an ex-lancasters customer (bought classic there - but went elsewhere for WRX03) sort of wonder how that will really work in terms of decent service/support/ parts etc.

If turns out fine I will return to get car serviced as it's on my doorstep and current dealer an hour away - but in terms of Sales thought Lancaster were poor.
Old 02 October 2003, 03:36 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

but in terms of Sales thought Lancaster were poor
Couldn't agree more.

Have always found the service staff excellent though. Car is always treated like a baby and is always polished and hoovered before I collect it.

Nathan..
Old 02 October 2003, 06:06 PM
Listy
Scooby Regular

Iain

You won't go wrong with Waldon Way.. They're Excellent.

The owner drives a Dogs Bo!!ocks 03 Sti PPP. Baring in mind they are now in the same building as the TVR garage that he also owns he still takes the scoob home every night. Top Guy.

Really nice guys there. Ask for Alex Benge in Sales if you need any help. He's as good as gold.

If you need any instructions on finding them let me know..
Old 02 October 2003, 07:57 PM
iain ross
Scooby Regular

cheers listy

the sales director called me today to introduce himself etc, seemed a nice guy. they are sending me a map on how to get to them as ive got to go there next weekend just to finalise a few things and make sure they've added on my extra toys.thanks for offering directions anyway.
Old 02 October 2003, 08:53 PM
j-k
Scooby Regular

Walldonway gave me a great service..I bought my STI8 there.They are very helpful when it comes to servicing etc. I deal with Tony in sales and Bruce on the service counter..both top blokes and always have time for a chat...

Ask to take the PPP STI for a spin , they just threw me the keys and said see you in a while..

They are also fairly OK with gentle mods if you are interested in going down that road..
Old 03 October 2003, 05:35 PM
BlueBlood
Scooby Regular

It looks like the Oxted motor company has pulled out on the deal.

I two agree waldonway give good service both pre & post sales (I have purchased two Subaru’s from them in the past). My only criticism is the body shop if you are unfortunate enough to need one…err I may be wrong but I believe that for the TVRs they sub to Lancasters in Kent.

Lancaster body shop if is the highest quality – the only other Subaru one that I have seen that is on par is listers. So it should be they do all their other dealership cars at the one in Kent.

Just my humble view…..